Ahead of any official announcement, Amazon.com is now listing the DVD edition of the ‘Mickey Mouse Club’ music special ‘Mickey & Donald Have Farm‘ will be available to own on December 11, just a few short weeks after it debuts on Disney Channel on November 5, 2012.
Get set to roll up your sleeves, ride the Clickety-Clack Tractor and lend a helping hand in this farm-tastic barnyard adventure!
With an oink-oink here and a moo-moo there, it’s time to sing along, plant the crops and feed the animals on the new Clubhouse Farm. But when Farmer Pete’s giant windmill blows all the cows, chickens and piggies out of their pens, it’s up to YOU — with the right Mouseketools — to help Mickey and Donald find all the animals and bring them home.
The DVD edition also includes a free planting activity kit along with the following bonus episodes of ‘Mickey Mouse Clubhouse:’ ‘Goofy’s Petting Zoo,’ ‘Clarabelle’s Clubhouse Mooo-Sical,’ ‘Goofy The Homemaker,’ and ‘Donald Hatches An Egg.’
Tinker Bell and her sister Periwinkle took to the Mainland earlier today to play host to the premiere of Secret of the Wings in New York City. The fairy twins – born of the same baby’s laugh — graciously welcomed some of the cast and crew from the film along with local celebrities and their families.
In attendance were Mae Whitman (Tinker Bell), Anjelica Huston (Queen Clarion), Timothy Dalton (Lord Milori), Raven Symone (Iridessa), Matt Lanter (Sled) and filmmakers Peggy Holmes and Michael Wigert. Joining them were Disney Channel star Debby Ryan, celebrity stylist Ken Paves, Miss USA Oliva Culpo, Kerry Butler, Mike Tyson, Clare Foley, Alexis Welch, Faith Wladyka, Brent Zachery and more.
Below is our gallery of photos from the event. Click on any of the thumbnails to see a larger version.
For Tinker Bell and the other warm season fairies, the Winter Woods remains a mysterious and forbidden place. Secret of the Wingstakes audiences on an amazing journey of discovery with Tink, into this forbidden world where she discovers a magical secret that changes her life forever.
Secret of the Wings is available to own on October 23, 2012 on Disney 3D Blu-ray,
Categories: DVD/Blu-Ray, Movies Tags: Animation, Anjelica Huston, Cinema, Clare Foley, Debby Ryan, Disney, Disney Fairies, Fairies, Films, Mae Whitman, Matt Lanter, Mike Tyson, Movie News, Movies, Periwinkle, Pixie Hollow, Raven Symone, Secret of the Wings, SOTW, Timothy Dalton, Tink, Tinker Bell, Tinkerbell
It’s been months since we shared the news that The Muppet Christmas Carol will be finding its way onto Disney Blu-ray on November 6 with very few details to go on due to a lack of an official press release. Today that has changed — a little.
We have received an official press release from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment confirming the release as well as providing a few additional details on the bonus features as well as the transfer which are sure to amaze and daze you, our beloved reader.
First up, the bonus features:
- Disney Intermission — An all-new bonus feature. When the film is paused, fans can watch and ‘cluck-a-long’ to five classic holiday-themed songs performed by the Muppets Chickens and chums.
- Audio Commentary — All-new audio commentary with fan-favorite characters, Kermit, Rizzo, Gonzo, and more, all reflecting on their experience making The Muppet Christmas Carol.
- Frogs, Pigs and Humbug: Unwrapping a New Holiday Classic. A Behind the Scenes Look — Hosted by director Brian Henson, Gonzo and Rizzo fans go behind-the-scenes of the making of The Muppet Christmas Carol.
- Blooper Reel — ‘On the Set’ bloopers from the set of the film.
- Pepe Profiles Gonzo: ‘Portrait of the Artist as a Young Weirdo’ — A special look at the man, the myth, the legend the Great Gonzo, hosted by the one and only Pepe the King Prawn.
- Christmas Around the World — Gonzo and Rizzo take a look at how Christmas is celebrated all over the planet.
The DVD edition contains all of the blu-ray bonus features except for the behind-the-scenes look and the Disney Intermission.
Finally, for the technical aspects, it is shown in 1:85:1 format and has a running time of ‘approximately 89 minutes.’ Although the running time may suggest it, and conflicts with Amazon’s list of 85 which undoubtedly refers to previous editions of the film, there is no indication as to whether this film includes ‘When Love is Gone’ which appears to be a sore point amongst many a fan.
A request to Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment for clarification has gone unanswered at this time.
Ahead of any official announcement, the official Facebook page for The Odd Life of Timothy Green has announced that it will be released on Disney Blu-ray on December 4, 2012 — a date also confirmed by Amazon.com.
As no official announcement has yet been made, no details on any bonus features are available at this time but we will update as they become available to us. See below for details on bonus features.
Academy Award-nominated director/writer Peter Hedges (Dan in Real Life, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?) brings enchantment to the screen with The Odd Life of Timothy Green, an inspiring, magical story about a happily married couple, Cindy and Jim Green (Jennifer Garner and Joel Edgerton), who can’t wait to start a family but can only dream about what their child would be like. When young Timothy (CJ Adams) shows up on their doorstep one stormy night, Cindy and Jim — and their small town of Stanleyville — learn that sometimes the unexpected can bring some of life’s greatest gifts.
DVD BONUS FEATURES
- ‘This Gift’ music video by Glen Hansard
- Deleted scenes – ‘Remembering Bubbles,’ ‘Neighbor,’ ‘Discovery,’ ‘You’re a Fichus,’ ‘A Mess’
BLU-RAY BONUS FEATURES
All of the above plus:
- ‘Family Roots: Bringing The Odd Life of Timothy Green to Screen’ — a look at the telling of this unique family story and the team that made it happen.
- ‘Glen Hansard: Behind “This Gift”‘ — a look at the Oscar winner and the creation of the poignant end-credits song
- Director audio commentary
Walt Disney Studios has released the following trailer for the Blu-ray release:
Ahead of any official announcement from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, the official Peter Pan Facebook fan page reports that Peter Pan: Diamond Edition will
never land on Disney Blu-ray on February 5, 2013. The movie, with little more than a placeholder, is available to pre-order now on Amazon.com.
Since no official announcement has been made at this time, bonus features are unknown but we are unhappy to report that from what we have learned thus far, there will be no additional features including in the Blu-ray edition of the film, although we sincerely hope we are wrong. We also expect Return to Never Land to be released at the same time.
Yahoo! Movies has debuted the trailer for Peter Pan: Diamond Edition on Blu-ray:
Sneak Peek: ‘Cinderella Diamond Edition’ Bonus Features, Alternate Opening and ‘Real Fairy Godmother’
Courtesy of Walt Disney Studios UK, where the Cinderella Diamond Edition Blu-ray has already released, we catch a (literal) glimpse of some of the bonus features that will be available when the Blu-ray is released on October 2, 2012.
Among the new bonus features are an introduction to the film presented by Diane Disney Miller, a recently discovered alternate opening and a segment titled ‘The Real Fairy Godmother,’ a documentary that examines the life of Mary Alice O’Connor who married Disney animator and Imagineer Ken O’Connor and inspired the character of Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother.
Presented here first is a portion of the introduction of the film by Walt Disney’s daughter, Diane Disney Miller:
Here is some of an animated storyboarded recently discovered in the Walt Disney Archives, which are believed to be a possible alternate opening to Cinderella:
Finally, below are some clips from ‘The Real Fairy Godmother’ which not only discuss the life of Mary Alice O’Connor, but go into other design aspects from the film, including the Pumpkin Coach:
From the studio that brought you the award-winning blockbuster The Help, comes an emotional and inspirational story about a young man’s journey of self discovery as he connects with a family he barely knows. Starring Chris Pine (Star Trek), Elizabeth Banks (Hunger Games), Olivia Wilde (Tron) and Michelle Pfeiffer (Dark Shadows), DreamWorks Pictures releases People Like Us, a must-own, heartfelt and relatable story – on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD, Digital and On-Demand on October 2, 2012 and now available for pre-order from Amazon.com.
Inspired by true life events, the People Like Us Blu-ray Combo Pack comes complete with bonus material that delves deeper into the story that inspired the making of this great film. These extras include audio commentary with filmmakers and talent, an extended scene of L.A.’s popular Henry Taco Stand featured in the film, deleted scenes and bloopers.
People Like Us is directed/produced by Alex Kurtzman (Cowboys & Aliens, The Proposal, Star Trek, TV’s ‘Hawaii Five-O’), written by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci (Transformers, Star Trek, Cowboys & Aliens) and Jody Lambert (her first writing debut) and composed by award-winning composer A.R. Rahman (127 Hours, Slumdog Millionaire). Chris Pine, who plays Sam, is a twenty-something, fast-talking salesman whose latest deal collapses the day he learns his father has suddenly died. Against his wishes, Sam is called home to put his father’s estate in order and reconnect with his estranged family. While there, he uncovers a startling secret that turns his entire world upside down — he has a 30 year old sister (Banks) he never knew existed.
Blu-ray Combo Pack:
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Alex Kurtzman and Actors Chris Pine and Elizabeth Banks
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Alex Kurtzman and Actress Michelle Pfeiffer
- Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Alex Kurtzman and Writers Roberto Orci and Jody Lambert
- Number One with a Bullet: The Story Behind People Like Us
- Taco Talk: Extended Henry’s Taco Scene
- Deleted Scenes
First Look: Tinker Bell and Periwinkle Characters from Disney Parks; New ‘Secret of the Wings’ Clips
The official Disney Parks blog today shared this first image of Tinker Bell and Periwinkle /aka/ Peri /aka/ Tink’s sister as they will appear at both Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland in mid-September (September 17 in Orlando according to this site, to be precise).
Peri will be joining Tink in Pixie Hollow in honor of their upcoming 3D Blu-ray release, Secret of the Wings, available to own on October 23, 2012. For Tinker Bell and the other warm season fairies, the Winter Woods remains a mysterious and forbidden place. Secret of the Wings takes audiences on an amazing journey of discovery with Tink, into this forbidden world where she discovers a magical secret that changes her life forever.
Courtesy of Walt Disney Studios New Zealand, we also have a couple of new clips to share. In the first clip, titled ‘Sisters,’ Tink and Peri learn that they are ‘two fairies born of the same laugh’ in a way that only Pixie Hollow could announce the news:
The next clip, titled ‘Exactly Alike,’ overlaps a bit with a previously released clip and introduces Gliss and Spike as Peri shows her newly-discovered sibling around the Winter Woods:
Marvel UK/Ireland (NYSE:DIS) has posted a few sneak peeks of the bonus features from the upcoming release of Marvel’s The Avengers, available to own on Disney 3D Blu-ray on September 25. The movie is also included as part of the ten-disc Phase One – Avengers Assembled collectors edition.
The first couple of previews are from the ‘Assembling the team from Marvel Avengers‘ bonus feature and provide a behind-the-scenes look at creating the film, with this segment focusing on Samuel L. Jackson as S.H.I.E.L.D. head Nick Fury. The clip also features commentary on Jackson by writer/director Joss Whedon as well as fellow cast member Mark Ruffalo:
This segment from the same bonus feature focuses on both Chris Evans as Captain America and Mark Ruffalo as Hulk with additional commentary from Robert Downey Jr.
The last preview released is an extended version of the scene that takes place between Bruce Banner and the security guard after Banner recovers from a brutal landing as Hulk:
‘Brave’ 3D Blu-Ray Bonus Features to Include New ‘Mor’du’ Short, Alternate Opening, Bloopers and Much More
Disney/Pixar (NYSE:DIS) proudly announces the Blu-ray™ hi-def debut of Brave, the year’s #1 animated movie and Pixar Animation Studio’s 13th consecutive hit, on November 13, 2012. A breathtaking adventure that has entertained audiences of all ages, the stunning Blu-ray release of Brave includes hours of all-new bonus material, extraordinary behind the scenes features, extended and deleted scenes, a mysterious and exciting, new short film, The Legend of Mor’du, and much more.
An original and thrilling journey set in the ancient and magical Highlands of Scotland, Brave follows the heroic journey of the headstrong, young adventurer Merida. Determined to carve her own path in life, Merida confronts tradition and defies an age-old custom that inadvertently unleashes chaos, and forces her to discover the true meaning of bravery. The 5-Disc Ultimate Collector’s Edition (1 Blu-ray 3D + 2 Blu-ray Discs + 1 DVD + 1 Digital Copy) has something for everyone – from the home entertainment enthusiast who demands the highest quality, state-of-the-art technology offerings, to the family who enjoys the interactive and engaging bonus features that only Blu-ray can provide – making this unique and beautiful film a ‘must have’ for any home media collection.
The exciting home entertainment debut of Brave will be available in multiple ways, containing exciting all-new bonus features that extend the breathtaking movie experience.
I. ULTIMATE COLLECTOR’S EDITON: 5-DISC COMBO PACK
BLU-RAY – DISC 1 INCLUDES:
- La Luna Theatrical Short — Fans will love this charming short that accompanied the film in theatres. It follows a young boy on his first night working the family business alongside his father and grandfather.
- The Legend of Mor’du Short — This rousing new bonus short film will give fans the chance to delve deeper into the legend behind Mordu, as told by the eccentric witch who transformed him.
- Brave Old World — Fans will watch as members of the “Brave” production team investigate Scotland, exploring its land, culture, people and dialects. The research they gathered was brought thrillingly to life in the film. Also, fans will hear what actress Emma Thompson (voice of Queen Elinor) thinks of Pixar’s take on her homeland.
- Merida & Elinor — With the creation of Merida and Elinor, the Pixar filmmakers delved deep into the relationship between mother and daughter. Highlighting contrasts in character design, clothing, animation, voicing, even hairstyle, watch how the filmmakers explored this most important of relationships.
- Bears — Take a look inside the art and design behind the bears in Brave. Each of the bears, gentle Mum-Bear and terrifying Mor’du, demanded a different approach to creating their physical appearance and personality.
- Brawl in the Hall — A fascinating and hilarious inside look at the process of creating Brave’s fighting Scots, through animation, crowd simulation and fight choreography — not to mention a room full of grunting men whose vocal chortles added authenticity to the raucous scene.
- Wonder Moss – Fans will explore how Brave’s technical artists examined the real Scottish countryside and studied the laws of nature, then turned these findings into computer codes that would blanket Merida’s Scotland in lush moss, lichen and bracken.
- Magic — The magic and mystery of Scotland is revealed to fans in this charming feature about the legends — from mystical potions to the will-o’-the-wisps – seen in Brave.
- Clan Pixar — At Pixar, getting into character is a team effort. From making Haggis to Kilt Fridays to celebrating the Scottish poet Robert Burns, fans will see how the Brave production crew truly embraced Scottish themes and customs fueled the Pixar crew throughout the creation of Brave.
- Once Upon A Scene — A closer look at the evolution of the storylines throughout the production of the film, including alternative openings to the film and many deleted scenes.
- Extended Scenes — Three separate scenes are highlighted in their extended form. Director Mark Andrews discusses the decision making process that led to the shortened versions of these scenes.
- Director Commentary
BLU-RAY DISC 2 INCLUDES:
- ‘Fergus & Mor’du’ An Alternate Opening — Once upon a time, “Brave” had a different opening scene. Eventually cut from the film, fans can see it in its entirety in this bonus feature narrated by the film’s director Mark Andrews.
- Fallen Warriors Montage — A selection of deleted shots that were cut from the film late in production are presented to fans in various stages of completion through a video montage narrated by director Mark Andrews.
- Dirty Hairy People — Fans will enjoy this uproarious bonus feature discussing the development of Brave’s Scots – including the design of their hair, attire, and dirt-crusted physiques.
- It is English…Sort Of — This bonus feature helps fans interpret some of the more Scottish lines in the film, thanks to the real Scottish actors who play the key characters and contributed their own dialects and sayings.
- Angus — A look at Merida’s most trusted companion, Angus, a mighty Clydesdale.
- The Tapestry — Fans will learn the story behind this embroidered emblem of family unity, which was lovingly crafted by Brave’s team of artists.
- Promotional Pieces — This bonus includes promotional clips for Brave, including: ‘Feast Yer Eyes,’ ‘Relics,’ ‘Clan DunBroch,’ ‘Launch,’ and more.
- Art Gallery — A selection of breathtaking art from the creation of the film, showcasing characters, sets, scenes and stunning landscapes.
- Wee Gaffes – A video montage of simulation, animation and shot bloopers.
- Renaissance Animation Man – Get a look at Director Mark Andrews’ love of Scotland, sword-fighting, music and more!
- Teasers and Sneak Peeks