‘Mickey Mouse,’ a new short-form series of 2D comedy cartoons featuring Disney’s #1 star, will make its television debut with three new cartoon shorts the weekend of Friday, June 28 – Sunday, June 30 at 8:30 pm ET/PT on Disney Channel. New shorts will continue to roll out with Friday premieres beginning Friday, July 5. Episodes will be available on WATCH Disney Channel, Disney.com, the Mickey Video Player App and iTunes following their linear premiere.
With the slapstick feel of classic Mickey Mouse and contemporary direction and pacing, the series of cartoon shorts presents Mickey in a broad range of humorous situations that showcase his pluck and rascality, along with his long-beloved charm and good heartedness. Each cartoon short finds Mickey in a different modern setting including Santa Monica, New York, Paris, Beijing, Tokyo, Venice and the Alps, facing a silly situation, a quick complication and an escalation of physical and visual gags. The stories also feature genuine heartfelt and heroic moments as Mickey explores and experiences life with his comical partners: Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy and Pluto.
Among the cartoon premieres are ‘No Service,’ in which Mickey and Donald try to buy lunch from a beachside snack shack but are unceremoniously turned down because of the classic ‘No shirt, no shoes, no service’ admonition, Friday, June 28; ‘Yodelberg’ where Mickey longs to visit Minnie atop her mountaintop chalet but quickly realizes that the threat of avalanche has made the trek up the mountain more challenging than usual, Saturday June 29; ‘New York Weenie,’ where the hot dog Mickey buys for his beloved and very hungry Minnie ends up taking him on a energetic chase through New York’s Central Park, Friday July 5; ‘Tokyo Go,’ which finds Mickey fighting Tokyo’s crazy commuting crowds aboard the bullet train, Friday July 12; and ‘Stayin’ Cool,’ in which Mickey, Donald and Goofy must find creative ways to keep cool on the hottest day of the year, Friday July 19.
An early sneak preview of the first cartoon short, ‘Croissant de Triomphe,’ in which Mickey must deliver croissants to Minnie’s cafe, battling street traffic and other Parisian obstacles along the way, debuted in March 2013 on Disney.com.
Disney Channel has provided us with these stills from the upcoming shorts:
Geared towards kids age 6-14 and families, and produced in 2D animation, the design esthetic for the “Mickey Mouse” cartoon shorts reaches back to Mickey’s roots and borrows reverentially from the bold style of his 1930s design, but not before adding a few contemporary touches. Designs for other characters have a similar approach, favoring a “rubber-hose” cartoon style for more exaggerated animation. Background designs closely reflect the graphic design sense of 1950s and 1960s Disney cartoons. For those true eagle-eyed Disney fans, the production team has also included the occasional homage to other icons from the storied Disney heritage.
Emmy Award-winning artist and director Paul Rudish (‘Star Wars: Clone Wars,’ ‘Dexter’s Laboratory’) is the executive producer and director. Aaron Springer (‘SpongeBob SquarePants,’ ‘Gravity Falls’) and Clay Morrow (‘Dexter’s Laboratory,’ ‘The Powerpuff Girls’) are directors, and Joseph Holt (‘Sym-Bionic Titan’) is the art director. The series is produced under the supervision of senior vice presidents Eric Coleman and Lisa Salamone at Disney Television Animation.
When Cory Matthews (Ben Savage) and Topanga (Danielle Fishel) needed place to hang out after school, they turned to the Chubbie’s Famous burger joint.
Today, Disney Channel announced that it will be picking up the show’s spin-off, ‘Girl Meets World’ with production to begin this summer and the series to premiere in 2014, but this time the hangout of choice for Cory and Topanga’s daughter, Riley (Rowan Blanchard) and her friend Maya (Sabrina Carpenter) will be closer to home. Below is the official show description announced today by Disney Channel:
‘Set in New York City, the new comedy series will tell the wonderfully funny, heartfelt stories that ‘Boy Meets World’ is renowned for — only this time from a tween girl’s perspective — as the curious and bright 7th grader Riley and her quick-witted friend Maya embark on an unforgettable middle school experience. But their plans for a carefree year will be adjusted slightly under the watchful eyes of Riley’s dad who’s also a faculty member — and their new History teacher — and Riley’s mom who owns a trendy afterschool hangout that specializes in pudding.’
And it is with that we are pleased to announce that the name of the hangout will be The Pudding Pot (or — more specifically — Topanga’s Pudding Pot).
In addition, Disney Channel has provided us with these stills from the pilot episode:
A spokesperson for Disney Channel has advised that an appearance at D23 Expo is not expected at this time.
Disney Channel announces the ultimate contestant search throughout Southern California for kids ages 11-17 to compete in Disney Channel’s new game show “Disney’s Win, Lose or Draw,” beginning Saturday, June 15. Aspiring kid contestants in teams of two who have a flair for comedy, like to draw, and are great at solving clues, are invited to try out for an opportunity to compete alongside some of their favorite Disney stars for prizes.
“Disney’s Win, Lose or Draw,” the latest edition of the classic game show, will be powered by leading edge technology, motion control, interactive multi-touch screen displays and graphic technology with an interjection of comedic physical challenges. Each show will feature two teams each composed of two kid contestants and a Disney star, competing in a battle of drawing skills, creativity and wits. Engaging entertainer and TV personality Justin Willman (host of “Cupcake Wars”) is set to host.
Kids will be required to try out in teams of two and are encouraged to partner with a friend, sibling or cousin; both teammates must be present at the time of the audition and accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. There is never any fee to try out for Disney Channel and there are no guarantees of being selected as a contestant for the show. Additional information is available at www.winloseordrawcasting.com.
“Disney’s Win, Lose or Draw” contestant search will take place in the following locations:
- SATURDAY, JUNE 15 at Raging Waters at 111 Raging Waters Drive, San Dimas, CA 91773, from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- SUNDAY, JUNE 16 at Lucky Strike Hollywood at 6801 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood, CA 90028, from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- SUNDAY, JUNE 22 at Boomers Irvine at 3405 Michelson Drive Irvine, CA 92612, from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- SUNDAY, JUNE 29 at Boomers San Diego at 6999 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., San Diego, CA 92111, from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
“Disney’s Win, Lose or Draw” is executive produced by Scott St. John (“Deal or No Deal”) and produced by ABC Media Group. All contestant searches for “Disney’s Win, Lose or Draw” are being handled by The Casting Firm.
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment today announced that ‘Sofia the First: Ready to be a Princess‘ — featuring five episodes, including a visit by Disney’s Princess Jasmine — will be arriving on DVD on September 17, 2013. In addition to the five episodes, each DVD comes complete with a bonus exclusive Sofia Doll Dress Up Kit.
Your favorite little princess-in-training returns for more music, majesty and magical fun, so get ready to have a ball with Sofia the First! Becoming royalty overnight is every girl’s dream, and Sofia is eager to prove she can be a true princess. Visit an enchanted circus, meet a pet dragon and soar through desert skies with Sofia and Amber on a magic carpet ride! But when their high-flying adventure veers off course, it’s special guest Princess Jasmine to the rescue with inspiring advice about trying new things, staying strong and trusting yourself. Sparkling with extraordinary song, unforgettable characters and thrilling surprises, Ready to Be A Princess opens the door to a whole new world of kindness, helping others and being the best you can be!
Episodes included on the DVD are as follows: ‘A Royal Mess,’ ‘The Shy Princess,’ ‘Blue Ribbon Bunny,’ ‘The Princess Test’ and ‘Two To Tangu’ (Jasmine Episode).
It is available now for pre-order from Amazon.com
Celebrity Wife Swap to Feature Joan/Melissa Rivers, Bristol/Willow Palin, WWE Stars, Tiffany and Nia Peeples
“Celebrity Wife Swap” is back and all-new on Sundays this summer. Kicking things off Sunday, June 23 at 8:00 pm ET/PT are the popular mother-daughter duo of Joan and Melissa Rivers, who trade lives with Bristol and Willow Palin, two daughters of one of today’s most controversial politicians, former Governor of Alaska Sarah Palin. This summer “Celebrity Wife Swap” will also feature the girlfriend and wife of former WWE wrestlers “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair and “Rowdy” Roddy Piper, on Sunday, June 30, and actress Nia Peeples will trade lives with singer Tiffany on Sunday, July 7. Three additional episodes will air this summer (subjects to be announced).
“Bristol & Willow Palin / Joan & Melissa Rivers” – Bristol and Willow Palin reside in Wasilla, Alaska with Bristol’s four-year-old son, Tripp, who rules the roost. What Tripp says goes in the Palin household. When Melissa Rivers arrives in Wasilla, she’s surprised to see snow on the ground – in May! Meeting Willow and Tripp, Melissa finds it a challenge to deal with Tripp’s boyish exuberance, and feels that he needs to have a set daily routine. Aunt Willow is no help when it comes to discipline, and in fact is often the instigator behind Bristol’s back. But Melissa is determined to bring structure to the Palin home, so when it’s time for the rules change, she immediately initiates a new sticker chart reward system for Tripp. She also applies rules changes to Willow, helping Willow to get one step closer to following her passion in a career.
Joan and Melissa Rivers, one of television’s most popular mother-daughter duos, live together with Melissa’s 12-year-old son, Cooper, in her Los Angeles, California home, which doubles as a television production office and the set of three TV shows produced there. Every day in the house is scheduled to the minute. While the Rivers’ home is bustling with assistants, crew members and cameras, the family still find time to sit down together for dinner every night. Stepping into Melissa’s shoes, Bristol Palin is not prepared for the Rivers’ formality and schedule, and is reluctant to fill in as executive producer of “Fashion Police.” When Joan throws a formal dinner party to welcome Bristol, it doesn’t go as Bristol had expected, leading her to appreciate her life back in Alaska even more. But Bristol is determined to bring some more fun into the Rivers’ lives before the week is over.
In the series, two mothers of celebrity families, each with opposing values, trade households, lifestyles and children (but not bedrooms) in a week-long challenge. In the first part of the exchange, each mom moves into the other’s home and agrees to follow a manual of “household rules” written by the departing mother, including: how to parent, manage their social life, do house work, unwind and more. Everything changes in the second half of the week, when “new” mommy” takes charge, introduces her own set of rules and runs the “nest” her way. At the end of the week the two couples meet for the first time. In a raw, honest and highly-charged exchange of views, the couples will make frank assessments of each another and discuss their experiences, having had a very real taste of what life would be like in someone else’s family.
ABC Family has added another original series to its roster of original programming that will premiere this summer. “Spell-Mageddon” is an hour game show where contestants take on hilarious distractions while spelling increasingly challenging words.
“Spell-Mageddon,” which takes a traditional spelling bee to a whole new level, is created and Executive-Produced by Adam Reed, Adam Freeman and Leslie Greif of Thinkfactory Media. Additional Executive Producers are Jeff Krask and Michael Canter. It will join ABC Family’s Wednesday night comedy line-up on Wednesday July 24th at 9pm following “Melissa and Joey” and “Baby Daddy.”
‘Star Wars Rebels’ Animated Special on Disney Channel in 2014; Sneak Peek at Star Wars Celebration Europe
Production has begun on Star Wars Rebels, an exciting, all-new animated television series based on one of the greatest entertainment franchises of all time. Scheduled to premiere in fall 2014 as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, it will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.
Leading the development of the series is a creative team of exceptional talent. Screenwriter/producer Simon Kinberg (X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes, Mr. & Mrs. Smith) is an executive producer on Star Wars Rebels and will write the premiere episode. He is joined by Dave Filoni as executive producer, who served as supervising director of the (r)Emmy nominated Star Wars: The Clone Wars since 2008. Executive producer Greg Weisman brings with him a wealth of animation experience with credits such as Young Justice, The Spectacular Spider-Man and Gargoyles.
Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer, Disney Channels Worldwide, said, “The entire team at Lucasfilm has provided extraordinary creativity and innovation for over three decades, and we’re thrilled to be bringing the expansive and imaginative world of Star Wars to Disney XD’s viewers.”
“I couldn’t be more excited to explore new corners of the Star Wars universe,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president, Lucasfilm. “I think Star Wars Rebels will capture the look, feel and fun that both kids and their parents love about Star Wars.”
The action-filled series is set between the events of Episode III and IV – an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. Star Wars Rebels takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape. Details about the show are a closely guarded secret at this point.
Star Wars Rebels will be produced by Lucasfilm Animation, featuring many of the key talents that made Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Fans attending Star Wars Celebration Europe will be the first to get an exclusive look at the new series. Casting will be announced at a later date. More information about this developing project will be found on www.StarWars.com and on Facebook at facebook.com/starwarsrebels.
During tonight’s season finale episode of ABC’s ‘Shark Tank’ at 9 pm ET/PT, viewers will catch a glimpse of Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz of Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated fame (as well Disney Channel’s ‘Phineas and Ferb’) pitching the sharks his shrinkinator — perhaps ‘Doof is Due!’ t-shirts, anyway.
The promotion for the appearance, which is actually part of a full three minute video embedded below, spilled over onto Twitter recently with Dr. Doofenshmirtz (@DoofDaily) trading barbs back and forth with the sharks, including attempting to sell Real Estate magnate Barbara Corcoran on going in on purchasing the entire Tri-State Area.
‘I had a lovely Twitter chat with the Sharks – and after being rejected several times — I did what any reasonable mad scientist with a brilliant idea would do: I hacked their Facebook page and blackmailed them to let me on the show,’ shared Dr. Doofenshmirtz.
Overall, one should consider the synergy attempt quite successful, even if Dr. Doofenshmirtz wasn’t, though one does wonder why ‘Mr. Wonderful,’ Kevin O’Leary, failed to suggest manufacturing the shrinkinator in China, or ask about the patent/exclusivity of the device.
Chloe drugs June, calls off her friendship with James and goes to AA in the final unaired episodes of “Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23,” currently available in their entirety on WATCH ABC on ABC.com, the WATCH ABC Player for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Kindle Fire, Hulu and iTunes. The episodes will be live through June 2, 2013.
Show highlights include:
- “The Leak…” – It’s crunch time and James goes into serious training to be in top form for “Dancing with the Stars.” Luther is tasked with keeping James on a strict regimen, but leave it to a jealous Chloe to try and sabotage it. Still, that’s the least of their worries when embarrassing photos of James leak all over the internet.
- “Monday June…” – June has been so stressed and consumed with work that she has no time for anything else, including Chloe. Chloe’s remedy for this is to slip June an herbal relaxant, but the next thing June knows, it’s Tuesday, and Monday is a complete blackout. As she tries to piece together what happened, June discovers some surprising things about herself. Meanwhile, James grapples with the idea that he may have impregnated June’s friend, Crissy, on her wedding day,
- “Teddy Trouble…” – With the help of Teddy, her childhood friend from psychopath camp, Chloe prepares for the imminent battle-royale at an annual department store warehouse sale. However, she is uncharacteristically distracted by the return of Benjamin who, June insists, is Chloe’s true love. Meanwhile, James is disappointed to learn his Beek-brand jeans are not selling as well as expected.
- “The D…” – When Chloe gives June a ‘D’ on her yearly roommate evaluation, June correctly assumes the poor mark is due to her anemic social life. In order to up her grade, she agrees to go on a blind date with James’ agent’s assistant, Will. The pair hits it off, that is until June realizes they know a person in common. Meanwhile, Luther helps James prepare for an audition with Woody Allen.
- “The Seven Year Bitch…” – When Chloe uses her time-honored veto power to try to force James to break up with his new girlfriend, James decides to buck tradition and continue seeing the girl. Needless to say, Chloe doesn’t take the rebuff well, and so she and James decide to take some time off from their seven-year friendship. A devastated June does her best not to choose sides, but she and Luther soon discover how Chloe and James’ lives are drastically affected by their time apart.
- “Using People…” – June is shocked to discover that Chloe has been attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings solely to have a captive audience for her stories… and to score free liquor. As June gives Chloe an earful for using people for her own ends, Chloe points out that hypocrite June has been taking advantage of Mark and his unrequited feelings for her, leading June to the realization that maybe she has stronger feelings for Mark than she’s been willing to admit. Meanwhile, worried he’s too “light weight” to be cast by Martin Scorsese, James tries to add some depth to his character by co-opting others’ tales of woe.
- “Ocupado…” – As Chloe and Benjamin’s sex-fueled relationship amps up, each admits to currently having additional sex partners in their “rotations.” While this revelation comes as no surprise – or deterrent — to either, Chloe is uncharacteristically jealous when she learns that she is number two on his roster, while Ben is her number one. Meanwhile, while working on a commercial, James competes with director Ben for the crew’s affections.
- “Original Bitch…” – Ten years before June moved to New York, Chloe moved into Apartment 23 and met her new roommate, Trish… the original “bitch.” After taking Chloe under her wing and teaching her everything she knew about bitch-itude, Trish betrayed Chloe and disappeared. Now, thanks to the services of a private investigator, Chloe’s got a lead on Trish and, with June in tow, sets off to exact her long-awaited revenge. Meanwhile, James learns his father isn’t his real father. Richard Dean Anderson (“MacGyver”) and famed Latin singer and actress Charo appear as themselves.
“Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23″ stars Krysten Ritter as Chloe, Dreama Walker as June, Liza Lapira as Robin, Michael Blaiklock as Eli, Eric Andre as Mark, Ray Ford as Luther and James Van Der Beek as James Van Der Beek. This is a Twentieth Century Fox Television production. Nahnatchka Khan, David Hemingson and Jeff Morton are executive producers.
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment today announced that the complete second season of the popular ABC television series, ‘Once Upon A Time‘ will be released on Blu-ray on August 13, 2013 and is now available for pre-order from Amazon.com.
Viewers are invited to relive every thrilling moment of the fairy tale-inspired series when ‘Once Upon a Time: The Complete Second Season’ casts its tantalizing spell onto Blu-ray/DVD. The curse is broken, magic has arrived, and there’s no telling what — or who — will be unleashed! Now the exiled fairy tale characters must grapple with a flood of awakened memories as they come to grips with their new ‘reality.’ Old loyalties will be tested, new heroes will emerge, and vengeful villains will wreak havoc. Amidst the backdrop of previously unexplored lands and a newly magical Storybrooke, love and sacrifice will set the stage for the ultimate battle between good and evil.
From Storybrooke to Fairy Tale Land and beyond, experience all the mystery, romance, action and adventure of the second season of ‘Once Upon a Time.’ Featuring all 22 remarkable episodes and exclusive bonus features, this must-own, five-disc boxed set is pure enchantment on an epic scale.
Bonus features are set to include:
- A Fractured Family Tree – Explore the tangled magical genealogy behind the series’ fairytale family.
- Sincerely, Hook – Set sail with Colin O’Donoghue (Killian Jones/Captain Hook) and learn more about the man behind the hook.
- Girl Power – Enjoy a high impact look at Storybrooke’s fearless females as they fight for love and justice between the realms of magic and reality.
- The Fairest Bloopers of Them All – Fans will laugh-out-loud with outtakes from the latest season.
- Deleted Scenes – Experience never-before-seen moments from the magical series.
- Audio Commentaries – Join the cast and crew as they share details about what it was like to make each spellbinding episode come to life.
‘Once Upon a Time’ stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.