ABC Entertainment Group and CafePress today announced the launch of official “Dancing with the Stars” team t-shirts with sales benefitting Stand Up To Cancer. Each of the 12 celebrity couples helped design their own official team shirt, allowing fans of all ages to rally behind their favorite fox trotters with whimsical, fun and even insightful t-shirt art. Launching in the ABCOnline Store (www.abctvstore.com) on Sunday, September 19, $1 for every “Dancing with the Stars” team t-shirt sold will be donated to Stand Up To Cancer, a grassroots movement raising much-needed funds for groundbreaking cancer research. Behind-the-scenes video footage of the t-shirt design process is now live on the “Dancing with the Stars” web page.
Each dancing team took a time-out from the tango to create designs that play off their individual celebrity, dancing inspirations, and of course their team names:
* Team TorinA – Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani
* Team Bran DMC – Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
* Team Ballin’ – Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas
* Team DanceHoff – David Hasselhoff & Kym Johnson
* Team Florky – Florence Henderson & Corky Ballas
* Team Jenougher – Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough
* Team KURTanna – Kurt Warner & Anna Trebunskaya
* Team Schmurgles – Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer
* Team van Cho – Margaret Cho & Louis Van Amstel
* Team Bolt Tower – Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower
* Team Sitchoff – Mike Sorrentino & Karina Smirnoff
* Team Fox-C – Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke
“We are profoundly grateful to all of our friends at ABC and ‘Dancing with the Stars’ for standing up to cancer with us,” said Laura Ziskin, co-founder of Stand Up To Cancer and a cancer survivor. “This is a great way to engage fans of the show to not only show their team spirit, but to support innovative cancer research.”
Fans can rock their samba-rific support for their favorite stars by busting a move to www.abctvstore.com and purchasing a team t-shirt that benefits cancer research.
All 12 couples will dance for the first time on live national television on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 20 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), with couples either performing the Viennese Waltz or Cha Cha. The couple with the lowest combined judges’ scores and public votes for their performance will be sent home on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the season premiere of “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show.”
Stand Up To Cancer is a 501(c)3 charitable organization that raises funds to hasten the pace of groundbreaking translational research that can get new therapies to patients quickly and save lives.
For each “Dancing with the Stars” team Tee sold between September 16, 2010 through December 24, 2010, $1 will be donated to Stand Up To Cancer http://www.standup2cancer.org, a program of the Entertainment Industry Foundation http://www.eifoundation.org/.