Disney’s Alice In Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass begins principal photography this week, featuring an award-winning production team and all-star ensemble cast, including Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, Mia Wasikowska, Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen.
James Bobbins helms the film, which revisits Lewis Carroll’s beloved stories with an all-new new tale that travels back to Underland—and back in Time. Shooting on location and at Shepperton Studios in England, the film is slated for release on May 27, 2016.
The all-star ensemble cast includes:
· Johnny Depp returns to the big screen as the Mad Hatter—Hatter Tarrant Hightopp.
· Anne Hathaway portrays the White Queen—Mirana.
· Mia Wasikowska once again appears as Alice Kingsleigh, who’s on a quest to help the Mad Hatter.
· Helena Bonham Carter returns as the Red Queen—Iracebeth.
· Rhys Ifans fills the shoes of Zanik Hightopp, the Mad Hatter’s father.
· Matt Lucas returns to the revelry in a dual role as Tweedledee and Tweedledum.
· Ed Speleers portrays James Harcourt in the film.
· And Sacha Baron Cohen was called on to bring Time to the big screen.
Alice In Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass also boasts an extraordinary voice cast.
· Stephen Fry is back as the voice of the Cheshire Cat.
· Toby Jones provides the voice of Wilkins.
· Alan Rickman returns as the voice of the Blue Caterpillar.
· Michael Sheen once again serves as the voice of the White Rabbit.
· Timothy Spall returns to voice Bayard.
· Paul Whitehouse is back as the March Hare.
· Barbara Windsor provides the voice of Dormouse again.
The film welcomes back several key members of the “Alice In Wonderland” team, including award-winning composer Danny Elfman, three-time Oscar®-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood, who won Oscar, BAFTA and Satellite awards, among others, for her work on “Alice In Wonderland,” and five-time Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Ken Ralston, who won a Satellite Award for best visual effects for “Alice In Wonderland.”