Ahead of any official announcement, the British Board of Film Classification has detailed the bonus features anticipated on the Blu-ray release of Alice Through the Looking Glass, which have been outlined below.
In Disney’s Alice Through the Looking Glass, an all-new spectacular adventure featuring the unforgettable characters from Lewis Carroll’s beloved stories, Alice returns to the whimsical world of Underland and travels back in time to save the Mad Hatter. Directed by James Bobin, who brings his own unique vision to the spectacular world Tim Burton created on screen in 2010 with Alice in Wonderland, the film is written by Linda Woolverton based on characters created by Lewis Carroll and produced by Joe Roth, Suzanne Todd and Jennifer Todd and Tim Burton with John G. Scotti serving as executive producer. Alice Through the Looking Glass reunites the all-star cast from the worldwide blockbuster phenomenon, including: Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, Mia Wasikowska and Helena Bonham Carter along with the voices of Alan Rickman, Stephen Fry, Michael Sheen and Timothy Spall. We are also introduced to several new characters: Zanik Hightopp (Rhys Ifans), the Mad Hatter’s father and Time himself (Sacha Baron Cohen), a peculiar creature who is part human, part clock.
BONUS FEATURES (DIGITAL HD/SD & BLU-RAY):
- A Stitch in Time: Costuming Wonderland (4:11) – Three-time Oscar®-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood explains how costuming helps shape the curious characters of Underland and reveals hidden Easter Eggs within the cast’s ornate outfits.
- Music Video: ‘Just Like Fire by P!nk (3:47) – ‘Watch this madness, colorful charade’ in P!nk’s music video for ‘Just Like Fire,’ the hit song featured in Alice Through the Looking Glass that powered to the top 10 on Billboard’s Hot 100.
- Behind the Music Video (2:51) – Go on set with P!nk for production of her ‘Just Like Fire’ music video, featuring fantastical imagery, aerial stunts, Underland character cameos, and guest appearances by P!nk’s family.
- Behind The Looking Glass (8:15) – Jump back and forth through time during this in-depth look into the making of Alice Through the Looking Glass, hosted by director James Bobin.
- Time On… (1:40) – Delight in this discussion with the unpredictable and witty Sacha Baron Cohen who plays Time, the keeper of the Chronosphere, a metallic sphere that powers all time.
- Alice Goes Through the Looking Glass: A Scene Peeler (2:19) – View a side-by-side comparison of raw production footage and final scenes, as Alice enters Underland through a magical looking glass.
- Alice Goes Through Time’s Castle: A Scene Peeler (1:26) – View raw production footage alongside final scenes, as Alice enters Time’s castle of eternity.
- Characters of Underland (4:32) – Get to know the quirky and colorful supporting characters in Underland, such as the tubby twins known as the Tweedles (Matt Lucas) and Absolem (Alan Rickman), the blue caterpillar turned blue Monarch butterfly.
- Filmmaker Audio Commentary by James Bobin – Director James Bobin delivers scene-by-scene insight into the creation of Alice Through the Looking Glass.
- Deleted Scenes with Director Commentary – Bobin introduces five never-before-seen scenes that didn’t make the final cut of Disney’s spectacular adventure: Alice’s Bedroom and Rabbit Hole (1:32), Alice Tackles Hamish (2:19), Time Comforts Racie in the Castle (1:25), Racie in the Castle (2:45), Time Can’t Follow Alice (:18)
As usual, we will continue to update as more information becomes available to us.
UPDATE #1: Although there is still no official announcement, we can confirm the film will be released on Blu-ray and Disney Movies Anywhere and other digital formats on October 18, 2016.