In conjunction with the launch of the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives at the Ronald Reagan Foundation and Library beginning July 6, 2012, Disney D23 will be releasing a ‘musical tour’ which features anthems and instantly recognizable music from nearly 85 years of the company’s history. From ‘Turkey in the Straw’ as used in Steamboat Willie to Walt Disney’s Disneyland dedication speech in 1955 to Captain America: The First Avenger, the musical tour, inspired by the more than 500 items from the Walt Disney Archives on display at the museum is sure to induce fond memories for all generations.
The track list is as follows:
- Turkey In The Straw (Steamboat Willie)
- Overture (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs) – Leigh Harline
- Main Title/Cinderella (Cinderella) – Chorus – Cinderella
- Main Title/Once Upon A Dream/Prologue (Sleeping Beauty) – Mary Costa
- Walt Disney’s Dedication of Disneyland (July 17th, 1955) – Walt Disney
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea – Al Hoffman
- A Spoonful Of Sugar (Mary Poppins) – Julie Andrews
- Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians (Live Action) – Dr. John
- Alice’s Theme (Alice in Wonderland) – Danny Elfman
- Theme from Tron (Tron) – London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Derezzed (Tron: Legacy) – Daft Punk
- Captain America March (Captain America: The First Avenger) – Alan Silvestri
- Star Tours – John Williams
- Fantasmic! Exit Music – Bruce Healey
- Grim Grinning Ghosts – The Mellomen
- Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life For Me) – Paul Frees
- He’s a Pirate (Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl) – Klaus Badelt
- Be Our Guest (Beauty and the Beast) – Chorus – Beauty And the Beast
- Circle of Life (The Lion King) – Lebo M.
- Under The Sea (The Little Mermaid) – Samuel E. Wright
- You’ve Got A Friend In Me (Toy Story) – Randy Newman
- National Treasure Suite (National Treasure) – Trevor Rabin
- Main Show: Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln – Disney Studio Chorus
According to Amazon.com, the songs — although mostly already released and available otherwise — will be available on a downloadable basis individually, although the ‘Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln’ from the 1964 World’s Fair / Disneyland attraction will only be available as part of the full album.
We suspect a limited number of CD editions of the album will be available for purchase at the Ronald Reagan Foundation and Museum to accompany the exhibition catalogue but have not yet received confirmation.