D23 members and up to three guests each are invited to attend this year’s Disney D23 Magic & Merriment event at the Walt Disney World Resort from December 10 – 12, 2010.
The festivities will kick off at 9 pm ET on Friday, December 10 as guests congregate at One Man’s Dream at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to enjoy a private screening of Archiving the Archives, a new documentary celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Walt Disney Archives.
On Saturday morning, December 11, you’ll enjoy hot holiday cider, flavored coffees and scrumptious Christmas Stollen inside the Odyssey Center at Epcot, where guests will be greeted by members of the D23 Team and some holiday surprises. Walt Disney World President Meg Crofton will be on hand to welcome guests and share some stories of the magic of the Resort at the most happiest time of the year. Chefs Erich Herbitschek and Stefan Reimer return to Magic & Merriment for another hilarious — and delicious! — baking demonstration sure to tempt your taste buds. You’ll then be invited to spend the afternoon enjoying the holiday splendor of Epcot at your own pace before re-joining the group at the America Gardens Theatre as the sun begins to set.
As you nestle into your reserved seat, sit back, snuggle up and delight in the warm embrace of Walt Disney World’s perennial Christmas favorite, Candlelight Processional. This time-honored tradition of classic carols and hymns sung by a choir of hundreds will be narrated by Disney and ABC star Whoopi Goldberg (The View, The Lion King). Following this special performance, you will be transported to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for a sumptuous holiday feast on the incredible set of the Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular. After the park closes, you’ll head over to New York Street for a private viewing of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights during a special presentation hosted by Walt Disney Entertainment’s John Phelan.
Sunday morning you will wake up to mix and mingle over brunch at the stunning Top of the World Lounge high above Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The Lounge, which offers a spectacular view of the Magic Kingdom Park, is usually reserved for Disney Vacation Club Members staying at Bay Lake Tower, but our friends at the Disney Vacation Club are opening it up just for you. Enjoy an inside look at this breathtaking building and even tour a Grand Villa, one of the most stunning suites at the Walt Disney World Resort!
After brunch, D23 Members will enjoy a very “suite” treat — exclusive tours of the stunning Dream Suite inside Cinderella Castle, high above Fantasyland. The suite is not open to the general public, so this will truly be a magical moment.
Come nightfall, celebrate together at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and relax at D23’s private hospitality lounge on board the Liberty Belle steamboat for holiday treats, cocoa and cider. You’ll also enjoy reserved viewing of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Parade and the holiday fireworks extravaganza — Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season. And, of course, it wouldn’t be a D23 event without a few seasonal surprises to commemorate the weekend! Happy holidays from your friends at D23!
Included with the cost of your ticket: (note park admission is required and not included)
- Holiday cider, coffee and Christmas Stollen at the Odyssey Center (Saturday)
- Special holiday presentations with special surprises (Saturday)
- Guaranteed seating for Candlelight Processional at 5 p.m. (Saturday)
- Dinner and dessert on the set of the Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular. (Includes wine and beer, Saturday)
- Private presentation of The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights (Saturday)
- Transportation to and from Epcot to dinner (Saturday)
- Private brunch at the Top of the World Lounge in Bay Lake Tower with a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the resort (Sunday)
- Tour of the Cinderella Castle Dream Suite (Sunday; Sign up on Saturday morning)
- Admission to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (Sunday)
- Private dessert and hospitality area on the Liberty Belle riverboat during the Christmas Party. (Sunday)
- Reserved parade and fireworks viewing (Sunday)
- Special gift for all guests from your friends at D23!
Tickets to the event are $235 per person and will become available on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 10 a.m. PST/1 p.m. EST. For more information and to order tickets when they become available, click here.