Kids, tweens and families can meet their favorite stars of Disney Channel, Disney XD and Disney Junior, over three fun-filled days, FRIDAY, AUGUST 19–SUNDAY, AUGUST 21, at the ultimate event for Disney fans, Disney’s D23 Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. The schedule includes a musical performance by actress and Hollywood Records recording artist China Anne McClain (Disney Channel’s “A.N.T. Farm”), a martial arts performance by actor Leo Howard (Disney XD’s “Kickin’ It”), musical performances from Radio Disney’s newest N.B.T. Artists, Hollywood Records recording artist Coco Jones and a boisterous performance by Sharky and Bones of The Never Land Pirate Band (from Disney Junior’s “Jake and the Never Land Pirates”).
On FRIDAY, AUGUST 19 in the Disney Channel booth, fans of all ages are invited to join Pulitzer Prize-winning humor columnist Dave Barry and noted New York Times best-selling author Ridley Pearson, Disney Publishing Worldwide co-authors of prequels to the classic Peter Pan, the “Peter and the Starcatchers” book series, along with beloved “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” characters Jake, Captain Hook and Mr. Smee, for a celebration of the power of imagination and the magic of Disney storytelling. This event also includes an appearance by actor David Arquette (the voice of Skully in the hit Disney Junior series “Jake and the Never Land Pirates”) and a special announcement from The Walt Disney Company Corporate Citizenship team.
On SUNDAY, AUGUST 21 in the D23 Arena, the stars of Disney Channel’s hit series “Shake It Up” will take the stage for a high-energy, live dance performance and Q&A session. The event will kick off with a Style Shake Up runway event, featuring fashions for the new school year from Disney Consumer Products. A special screening of an upcoming episode will be followed by a fan meeting with the “Shake It Up” cast in the Disney Channel booth.
Perry the Platy-bus, a 4000 pound customized Airstream trailer in the likeness of the character Perry the Platypus of Disney Channel’s Emmy Award-winning “Phineas and Ferb,” gets a prime parking spot on the Disney D23 Expo Floor, in Disney Channel’s colorful booth, one transformed into Phineas and Ferb’s iconic backyard. Fans are invited to step inside the famous “Perry the Platy-bus” to play interactive games, enjoy live performances, meet the stars, get autographs and rock out to Radio Disney tunes.
Popular radio personalities Ernie D, Jake, Candice, Blake and Hallie from Radio Disney, the 24-hour contemporary hits radio network and the only radio broadcaster for kids and families, will join in the fun along with special musical guest stars Coco Jones and the newest N.B.T. artists.
Following is the schedule of stars making special appearances and signing autographs in the Disney Channel booth:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 19
- “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” (10:00-11:00 a.m.) – Character appearances by Jake, Captain Hook & Mr. Smee
- The Never Land Pirate Band (12:00 noon-1:00 p.m.) – Musical performance
- Special announcement and storytelling event (1:00-1:30 p.m.) – From The Walt Disney Company Corporate Citizenship team with noted Disney Publishing Worldwide authors Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson (Peter and the Starcatchers), David Arquette, Jake, Captain Hook and Mr. Smee of “Jake and the Never Land Pirates”
- “Good Luck Charlie” (1:30-2:30 p.m.) – Stars Jason Dolley, Leigh-Allyn Baker and Bradley Steven Perry
- Radio Disney’s N.B.T. (3:00-4:00 p.m.) – artists Tay Barton, Zack Montana, Shealeigh, Ladina Spence and Hollywood Ending perform
- “Lemonade Mouth” (4:30-5:45 p.m.) Stars Adam Hicks, Hayley Kiyoko and Chris Brochu
- “So Random!” (5:45-7:00 p.m.) – Stars Tiffany Thornton, Sterling Knight, Doug Brochu, Allisyn Ashley Arm, Damien Haas, Matthew Scott Montgomery and Shayne Topp
SATURDAY, AUGUST 20
- “Phineas and Ferb” (10:00-11:00 a.m.) Character appearances, Phineas, Ferb and Agent P
- “Phineas and Ferb” (11:00 a.m.-12:00 noon) Creators and executive producers Dan Povenmire and Swampy Marsh and cast Vincent Martella, Alyson Stoner and Dee Bradley Baker
- “Kickin’ It” (12:30-1:30 p.m.) – Stars Leo Howard, Dylan Riley Snyder, Alex Christian Jones and Olivia Holt, plus a special martial arts performance by Leo Howard
- Performance by Radio Disney’s guest and Hollywood Records recording artist Coco Jones (2:30-3:00 p.m.)
- “Fish Hooks” (3:00-4:00 p.m.) – Creator/executive producer Noah Z. Jones and cast Chelsea Kane and Kyle Massey (both also of ABC-TV’s “Dancing with the Stars”)
- “A.N.T. Farm” (4:00-5:00 p.m.) – Stars China Anne McClain, Jake Short, Sierra McCormick, Stefanie Scott and Carlon Jeffery, plus a musical performance by China Anne McClain
SUNDAY, AUGUST 21
- Handy Manny (10:00-11:15 a.m.) – Character and appearance by the voice of Manny, Wilmer Valderrama
- Special Agent Oso (11:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m.) – Character and appearance by the voice of Oso, Sean Astin
- “Pair of Kings” (12:30-1:30 p.m.) – Stars Doc Shaw, Kelsey Chow and Geno Segers
- D23 Arena Showcase — “Shake It Up” (2:30-4:00 p.m.) – Featuring stars Bella Thorne, Zendaya, Davis Cleveland, Roshon Fegan, Adam Irigoyen, Kenton Duty and Caroline Sunshine and executive producer Rob Lotterstein plus Style Shake Up fashion runway event
- “Shake It Up” (4:00-6:00 p.m.) – Cast meet and greet in the Disney Channel booth
Tickets to the D23 Expo are available at http://www.D23Expo.com. Admission includes access to all experiences and entertainment at the D23 Expo, including the Disney Legends Ceremony, and can be purchased for single days or for the full three days of festivities. Admission is $47 for a one-day adult ticket and $37 for children 3-12. Three-day passes are $136 for adults and $106 for children. Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will receive a discount for up to four admissions, as well as early entry to each day of the D23 Expo for themselves and their guests.