D23 Expo: Disney Parks and Resorts and Imagineering Panels Schedule
Earlier this month, we shared the plans Disney Parks and Resorts has for its presentations at the 2011 D23 Expo taking place at the Anaheim Convention Center on August 19 – 21. D23 has now released the full schedule for the Disney Parks panels, which are in addition to the keynote arena presentation by Parks Chair Tom Staggs on Friday, August 19 at 3:30 pm. The individual panels and schedule are as follows:
FRIDAY, AUGUST 19
- The Making of The Little Mermaid — Ariel’s Undersea Adventure (1:00 pm – 2:00 pm, Stage 23) – Imagineers Lisa Girolami, Larry Nikolai, and Chris Crump take you behind the scenes.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 20
- A Good Look at Buena Vista Street (2:45 pm – 3:45 pm, Stage 28) – Sneak a peek at the new entrance to Disney California Adventure with Imagineers.
- Legends of Walt Disney Imagineering (4:30 pm – 5:30 pm, Stage 28) – Disney Legend Marty Sklar will lead a celebration of Imagineering careers and accomplishments.
- Imagineering’s Guide to Creativity and Innovation (6:30 pm – 8:30 pm, Stage 28) – A panel of Imagineers discuss how they use storytelling and technology to make Disney magic.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 21
- Imagineering the Dream and the Fantasy (9:15 am – 10:00 am, Stage 23) – Imagineers Joe Lanzisero and Bob Zalk talk about the design of Disney’s latest cruise ships.
- Radiator Springs Reality (1:30 pm – 2:30 pm, Stage 23) – Pixar’s John Lasseter and Roger Gould join Imagineers for a sneak peek look at Cars Land.
- The Making of Star Tours — The Adventures Continue (3:30 pm – 4:30 pm, Stage 23) – Find out how Imagineers updated the attraction, hosted by Imagineering’s Tom Fitzgerald.
In addition to the Disney Channel schedule announced earlier today, the updated schedule on the D23 Expo site also includes additional panels such as Drawing on Disney Magic (Saturday, 10:00 am – 11:00 am, Stage 23)- Join videogame producers in a special panel discussion about what’s next for THQ’s uDraw and MORE of The Wonderful World of Vintage Disneyland and Walt Disney World (Sunday, 5:15 pm – 6:15 pm, Stage 23) – Film preservationist Ed Hobelman and Imagineer Tony Baxter look back at vintage footage.