Right now, Disney D23 Expo 2013 is gearing up to be the biggest and best ever. Being held August 9-11, 2013 at the Anaheim Convention Center near the Disneyland Resort, D23 Expo unites The Walt Disney Company with fans and fans with other fans. More than 40,000 fans congregated in 2011 to explore the past, present and future of Walt Disney Studios, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Disney Interactive Studios, Disney/ABC Television and more, with the third expo promising even more.
Disney D23 has provided us with just some of the returning favorites as well as new additions to provide a more enjoyable experience for attendees.
The Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives returns to Disney D23 Expo with a 12,000 square foot display offering glimpses at some of the most coveted items from the Studios’ rich history.
Also returning will be the fan art contest, which has paid homage to Donald Duck as well as the 50th anniversary of 101 Dalmatians. The contest in 2013 promises to be practically perfect, however, as it honors the 50th anniversary of Mary Poppins.
The Disney Legends ceremony will also return, taking place in conjunction with the expo. Stay tuned to learn who the honorees will be this time around.
LARGER FLOOR, INCREASED ROOM CAPACITIES
For 2013, the Disney D23 Expo will serve up more space on the floor as well as inside its presentation rooms to make the magic more accessible to as many attendees as possible. The show floor will be comprised of Halls A, B, C and D of the Convention Center. In addition, the show will feature an expanded collectors’ forum, the popular destination for Disney fans to meet with other fans who offer various Disney-related products and services.
In addition to increased floor space, Stage 23, the largest presentation area outside of the Arena will be expanded to accommodate nearly 2,000 attendees. As for the Arena itself, which quickly fills to capacity for its major presentations, an overflow room will be provided with a live video feed for more than 2,000 attendees unable to make it into the Arena itself.
Attendees who are Disney D23 members will also continue to have special benefits such as early admission to the show floor. Charter members will also again have access to a special lounge where they can relax and meet with other members throughout the day.
TICKET PRICE INCREASE
Not surprisingly, 2013 will see a price increase in admission, but it’s really not all that terrible in the grand scheme of things (see the Sorcerer package for that). All three tiers (early bird, advanced, regular) still exist and essentially the regular (highest) prices for 2011 have become the early bird prices for 2013 with increases at the remaining tiers accordingly. The full tier pricing and dates are as follows:
EARLY BIRD (August 9, 2012 – December 31)
- D23 Member 1 Day: $40 Adult, $32 Child
- D23 Member 3 Day: $115 Adult, $91 Child
- Non-Member 1 Day: $47 Adult, $37 Child
- Non-Member 3 Day: $136 Adult, $106 Child
ADVANCED (January 1, 2013 – June 15)
- D23 Member 1 Day: $45 Adult, $37 Child
- D23 Member 3 Day: $130 Adult, $106 Child
- Non-Member 1 Day: $52 Adult, $42 Child
- Non-Member 3 Day: $151 Adult, $121 Child
REGULAR / EXPO ADMISSION (June 16, 2013 – August 11)
- D23 Member 1 Day: $50 Adult, $42 Child
- D23 Member 3 Day: $145 Adult, $121 Child
- Non-Member 1 Day: $57 Adult, $47 Child
- Non-Member 3 Day: $166 Adult, $136 Child
The Sorcerer package returns in 2013, but the price has now increased to $1500 per ticket. Only D23 members are allowed to purchase the package, but each member may buy up to 2 additional tickets.
Benefits of the Sorcerer package includes:
- Three-day admission ticket
- Reserved seating at all presentations in the D23 Arena and Stage 23
- Commemorative Sorcerer credential
- Pre-Expo tour of the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit
- Exclusive shopping time in the D23 Expo Dream Store and the Treasure Trove the day before the Expo is open to guests
- Exclusive tour of the D23 Expo show floor the day before the Expo is open to the public
- Private welcome reception
- Special entrance to the Expo each morning
- Hardbound Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives catalog
- Hardbound Disney Legends ceremony commemorative program
- A voucher for an appointment with an on-site massage therapist
- Exclusive D23 Expo 2013 tote bag filled with gifts
- “Fond Farewell” reception on final day of Expo
- Access to the Sorcerer Member Lounge
Tickets at all levels will become available for purchase beginning Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 10 am PST at d23expo.com