- Additional photography/recording restrictions have been laid down. In addition to no photography of the Treasures of the Archives exhibit, all cameras (and perhaps all electronics/bags) must be checked prior to entering the Arena for the Bob Iger presentation, the 2009 Disney Legends Ceremony on Thursday and the Dick Cook presentation on Friday. Additional panels and screenings also specficially prohibit photography. The D23 Expo schedule has been updated to reflect at least some of these changes.
– The Treasures of the Archive Exhibit will have a delayed opening on Thursday only. The exhibit will open at 12 pm, following the Disney Legends Ceremony
– While Nicolas Cage is rumored to appear during Dick Cook’s presentation, the schedule indicates there will be multiple surprise celebrity guests
– Disney Channel starlets Tiffany Thornton (Sonny with a Chance) and Chelsea Staub (JONAS) are scheduled to appear during a VoluntEAR panel on Sunday in Hall B at the Disney Corporate Responsibility pavilion where they will offer a meet & greet
– The schedule has been updated to rename the signing session for Wizards of Waverly Place which takes place at 4 pm on Sunday to simply be for Disney Channel Stars (which implies Tiffany and Chelsea may attend as well)
– The ABC Screening Room has published its schedule for your chance to check out upcoming series on the ABC network. From Friday through Sunday, Eastwick will be shown at 11 am, FlashForward will be shown at 12 pm and 4 pm, The Middle will be shown at 2 pm and Modern Family will be shown at 10 am and 3 pm as well as 1 pm and 2 pm on Thursday. Keep in mind that a half-hour show is about 22 minutes long, so the hour long shows are approximately 44 minutes in length.
– Disney Fine Art by Collectors Editions has announced a daily schedule of its guests and featured artists: Thursday, meet D23 Expo official artist Tim Rogerson, Mike Kupka and Trevor Carlton; Friday, meet artists John Rowe, Noah, Jim Salvati, Allison Lefcort and actress Paige O’Hara (voice of Belle from the Disney classic Beauty and the Beast); Saturday, meet artists James Coleman, Doug Day, Manuel Hernandez and voice actors Eddie Carroll (Jiminy Cricket) and Dick ‘Dickie’ Jones (Pinocchio); Sunday, meet artists Harrison Ellenshaw, David Garibaldi, Mike Kungl and original Tinker Bell reference model Margaret Kerry.
- Finally (if that’s not enough and assuming I don’t remember what I forgot), with two new ships and an expansion at Castaway Cay, Disney Cruise Line has plenty to talk about and they’re not shying away. When DCL President Karl Holz takes the stage early Friday morning for the Disney Cruise Line presentation, amongst all the exciting news, new itineraries and ports of call for 2011 will be announced and will be streamed LIVE on the internet for all to see. You can tune in for the presentation at http://www.disneycruise.com/2011 beginning at 12 PM ET/9 AM PT on Friday, September 11. They’ve even produced a video to promote the event: