The Walt Disney World official website has updated its pages for the 2012 International Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot to reflect special opportunities and presentations by HGTV stars for guests to experience. The festival is presented by HGTV and will take place between March 7, 2012 and May 20, 2012.
Themed weekends for the event include:
- Art in the Garden Weekend: See nature through the eyes of “plein air” artists and behold one-of-a-kind works of art. At World Showcase from March 23 through 25, 2012.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Specialists: Meet the experts and learn about incredible indigenous insects that are part of our world. At the Festival Center from April 13 through 15, 2012.
- Florida Federation of Garden Clubs: See amazing arrangements that defy description. At the Festival Center from April 27 through 29, 2012.
- Fresh from Florida Weekend: Discover the bounty of Florida—from Apalachicola to Zellwood! At the Festival Center from May 4 through 6, 2012.
Special displays include:
- Bambi’s Butterfly House, presented by HGTV: Experience hundreds of native butterflies and see some of your favorite characters from Bambi, presented in topiary. Located at Imagination Walkway.
- Sustainable Beauty, presented by HGTV: This unique garden showcases sustainable gardening ideas that you can try at home.
- Bonsai Collection—located at the Japan Pavilion
- Festival Blooms, Presented by Syngenta—located at Future World East and West Lake
- Kid Garden (official name to be determined), Presented by Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association
- Orchids—located at the Mexico Pavilion
- Spice and Herb Garden—located at the Morocco Pavilion
- Water Wise Herbs & Vegetables, Presented by Rain Bird Corporation
Other activities available to guests throughout the festival include:
- Epcot Gardens of the World Tour: A Disney horticulturist is your host on this 3-hour, guided tour designed especially for garden enthusiasts. Available Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Register at Guest Relations or call (407) WDW-TOUR. Cost is $60.00, including tax, and theme park admission is required. Available to Guests ages 16 and up only. Please note: Price of the tour is subject to change.
- Let’s Get Moving: Unique play structures offer fun for the little ones—the Evos™ play systems for ages 6 and older and the Weevos™ play systems for ages 2 through 5. Located at Imagination Walkway.
- Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden: Explore the garden world of Pixie Hollow and find some of your favorite fairy characters presented in topiary. Play structures are designed for ages 2 to 5. Located at Test Track Walkway.
- Sounds of Nature, Presented by Nature Conservancy: Relax as you listen to the soothing sounds of nature. Located next to Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden at Test Track Walkway.
And, as always, there will be plenty of educational opportunities to assist guests with their own gardens at home, along with presentations from many of HGTV’s top stars. Presentations and schedules are as follows:
- Ask an Expert: Get your gardening questions answered by master gardeners from the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences at the University of Florida. From 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily at the Festival Center.
- Greenhouse Stage: Gardening experts share tips and secrets that you can use in your own garden. Visit the Festival Center for daily topics. From 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Mondays through Wednesdays at the Festival Center.
- Planting Pointers: Get great gardening ideas from the gardening experts at the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences at the University of Florida. Visit the Festival Center for daily topics. At 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on select days.
- John Gidding, HGTV’s Curb Appeal: The Block—presenting March 9 – 11
- Sabrina Soto, HGTV’s The High/Low Project—presenting March 16 – 18
- Jason Cameron, DIY Network’s Desperate Landscapes and Man Caves—presenting March 23 – 25
- Camille Styles, HGTV.com Entertainment contributor—presenting March 30 – April 1
- Dan Faires, HGTV.com’s DanMade, Fan Favorite HGTV Design Star Season 5—presenting April 6 – 8
- Brandon Johnson, host of HGTV’s My Yard Goes Disney—presenting April 13 – 15
- Meg Caswell, HGTV’s Meg’s Great Rooms—presenting April 20 – 22
- Monica Pedersen, HGTV Dream Home Tour 2012 and Designed to Sell—presenting April 27 – 29
- Antonio Ballatore, HGTV’s The Antonio Treatment—presenting May 4 – 6
- To be determined—presenting May 11 – 13
- Genevieve Gorder, HGTV’s Dear Genevieve and HGTV Design Star—presenting May 18 – 20
The HGTV presentations will take place at the Festival Center (the former Wonders of Live pavilion) each weekend, Friday through Sunday, at 12:00 and 3:00. Other presentations will be offered at those same times Monday through Thursday.