Walt Disney World has released additional details for what they are calling ‘Car Masters Weekend’ at Downtown Disney West Side at the Walt Disney World Resort from May 13-15, 2011 as part of the Disney/Pixar Weekend. The event, which we first announced in early April coincides with the Walt Disney World stop of the State Farm ‘Agents on a Mission’ Tour.
Activities at Downtown Disney are scheduled to run all three days from 10:30 am through 6:00 pm and will include the following:
- Muscle cars will line the Downtown Disney promenade alongside the largest life-sized, radio-controlled replica cars ever built — which bring their big-screen “car-acter” counterparts to life for fans to meet face to face.
- Pixar Animation Studios’ “Cars” Franchise Guardian and resident car expert, Jay Ward, has been tapped to judge the Classic Car show which takes place on Saturday and Sunday.
- NASCAR fans can get a peek at Richard Petty’s racecar on display inside RIDEMAKERZ at Downtown Disney.
- The family-friendly weekend will feature special Disney-Pixar “Cars 2” merchandise –including new RIDEMAKERZ models — and bonus entertainment.
- The 2006 Disney-Pixar Cars film returns to the big screen with a limited engagement viewing at AMC Pleasure Island 24 Theatres throughout the weekend. Moviegoers can even catch a glimpse of the new movie trailer from Cars 2, which gets the “green flag” on June 24, 2011, presented in Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX 3D® in select theaters.
- State Farm brings Disney-Pixar’s Cars 2 adventure directly to fans with the “Agents on a Mission” tour, showcasing cars modeled after their big-screen likenesses. Guests can check out the cars and take part in a variety of “Cars 2”-themed activities, including a video kiosk, e-photo opportunities, games and giveaways. They can also enter the “Agents on a Mission” sweepstakes, which features 18,000 prizes, including a new car.