Details Announced for ‘Car Masters Weekend’ at Walt Disney World’s Downtown Disney
Walt Disney World has released additional details for what they are calling ‘Car Masters Weekend’ at Downtown Disney West Side at the Walt Disney World Resort from May 13-15, 2011 as part of the Disney/Pixar Weekend. The event, which we first announced in early April coincides with the Walt Disney World stop of the State Farm ‘Agents on a Mission’ Tour.
Activities at Downtown Disney are scheduled to run all three days from 10:30 am through 6:00 pm and will include the following:
- Muscle cars will line the Downtown Disney promenade alongside the largest life-sized, radio-controlled replica cars ever built — which bring their big-screen “car-acter” counterparts to life for fans to meet face to face.
- Pixar Animation Studios’ “Cars” Franchise Guardian and resident car expert, Jay Ward, has been tapped to judge the Classic Car show which takes place on Saturday and Sunday.
- NASCAR fans can get a peek at Richard Petty’s racecar on display inside RIDEMAKERZ at Downtown Disney.
- The family-friendly weekend will feature special Disney-Pixar “Cars 2″ merchandise –including new RIDEMAKERZ models — and bonus entertainment.
- The 2006 Disney-Pixar Cars film returns to the big screen with a limited engagement viewing at AMC Pleasure Island 24 Theatres throughout the weekend. Moviegoers can even catch a glimpse of the new movie trailer from Cars 2, which gets the “green flag” on June 24, 2011, presented in Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX 3D® in select theaters.
- State Farm brings Disney-Pixar’s Cars 2 adventure directly to fans with the “Agents on a Mission” tour, showcasing cars modeled after their big-screen likenesses. Guests can check out the cars and take part in a variety of “Cars 2″-themed activities, including a video kiosk, e-photo opportunities, games and giveaways. They can also enter the “Agents on a Mission” sweepstakes, which features 18,000 prizes, including a new car.