Details Revealed for the 26th Annual Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. and ANAHEIM, Calif., Dec. 4 — ‘Tis the season to be merry at Disney Parks, when the 26th annual “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade,” featuring award-winning musical talent and iconic stars performing in this year’s television special, airs December 25 on ABC-TV.
This year’s show promises to dazzle viewers with must-see performances by Celine Dion and Stevie Wonder. Pop sensations the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato spread joy to all as enchanting sounds from world-renowned musical artist Yanni and his Yanni Voices echo through the park. “American Idol” Season 8 winner, Kris Allen, will perform and “Wizards of Waverly Place” star Selena Gomez will make a special appearance in the annual telecast.
From the newest Disney Princess – Tiana – to Mickey Mouse and all his ‘toon pals,’ beloved Disney characters will embrace the holiday spirit aboard awe-inspiring floats that “deck the halls” as they glide through the Disney theme parks.
Two of television’s most popular celebrities will appear as the hosts of this year’s program. From the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World in Florida, popular morning show personality Kelly Ripa returns as host, doubling her duties while partner Regis Philbin recovers from recent surgery. At Disneyland Park in California, worldwide television and radio host Ryan Seacrest takes center stage for the West Coast festivities. Nick Cannon, from “America’s Got Talent” makes his “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” television debut as co-host/man-on-the-street for the telecast.
The two-hour televised special will air nationally in High-definition December 25 on ABC-TV at 10 a.m. Eastern and 9 a.m. Central, Mountain and Pacific times.
While parents and children prepare to offer their day of volunteer service in 2010, two families will share their encouraging stories during the parade telecast of how they’ve made a difference by volunteering in their hometown communities, the inspiring motives that moved them to give back and the lessons their children have taken with them along the way.
Throughout the telecast, chart-topping talent and award-winning artists from around the world come together to share in the Christmas merriment at Disney Parks. (Please note: all talent and floats subject to change)
* Ten-time Grammy winner Celine Dion will be featured singing her heartwarming ballad, “Don’t Save It All for Christmas Day,” and shares her own rendition of “O’ Come All Ye Faithful”
* Legendary singer/songwriter Stevie Wonder will have viewers singing along with his very own holiday classic, “What Christmas Means to Me”
* Worldwide pop stars Jonas Brothers – who also star in the hit Disney Channel series “JONAS” – put a rocking, tropical spin on the holidays when they perform their brand-new song, “Summertime Anthem.” The high-energy tune is featured on “All Wrapped Up: Vol. 2,” the new holiday CD from Hollywood Records
* The star of the Disney Channel series “Wizards of Waverly Place,” Selena Gomez, makes a special appearance amidst the festive magic at Disneyland park
* Tony Award winner Anika Noni Rose, voice of Princess Tiana from the new Walt Disney Pictures animated feature film “The Princess and the Frog,” performs a musical production inspired by “Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee.” During the number, she will be accompanied by Tony Dovolani and Cheryl Burke, two of the dancers from ABC’s hit show “Dancing with the Stars.” The musical, Mardi Gras-style celebration takes place in New Orleans Square at Disneyland.
* Yanni will bring his Yanni Voices to perform a reverent arrangement of “O Holy Night” featuring Nathan Pacheco
* “American Idol” winner Kris Allen entertains the crowd with his rendition of a holiday favorite, “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”
* Straight from Southern California, the world-famous USC Marching Band beats to their own seasonal drums at Disneyland Resort
* Demi Lovato, star of the Disney Channel’s “Camp Rock” and “Sonny With A Chance,” performs the Paul McCartney classic, “Wonderful Christmas Time”
* The irresistible puppies from Disney’s popular series of “Buddies” movies will make a special appearance to celebrate their all-new and heartwarming holiday adventure on Disney Blu-Ray & DVD, “Santa Buddies: The Legend of Santa Paws”
* Known for his hit songs on the “Hannah Montana: The Movie,” “The Suite Life on Deck” and “G-Force” movie soundtracks, Steve Rushton rings in the holidays with “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” – a tune he performs on the “Santa Buddies: The Legend of Santa Paws” Blu-Ray & DVD – as he is joined by the famed Florida A&M University Strikers
* Travel Channel star Samantha Brown checks in with holiday greetings from Disney Cruise Line, aboard the Disney Wonder cruise ship
What would the holidays be without old friends? Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck and Goofy are joined by fairytale favorites Pinocchio, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Ariel, Jasmine and gingerbread men, toy soldiers and reindeer as they spread cheer during a festive parade through the Disney Parks.
* Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse ride along a festive Christmas Tree float greeting guests along the way
* Phineas and Ferb make their Disney Parks debut at Disneyland park, delighting Disney Channel fans of all ages as they parade down Main Street U.S.A.
* Disney’s famed Toy Soldiers lead the way during “The Toyland March”
* Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater from Disney-Pixar’s “Cars” will rev engines and holiday spirit as they motor down Main Street U.S.A.
* All the way from Agrabah, Aladdin and Jasmine take a “magic carpet ride” through the Magic Kingdom
* Dreams really do come true as Disney Princess favorites like Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Mulan share in the royal holiday festivities
* And where there is Snow White, her seven singing friends are never far behind – the Seven Dwarfs show off their hard work in the mines with a jewel-encrusted Christmas Tree
* Last, but definitely not least – the big man himself, Santa Claus, accompanied by his loyal reindeer, make a special appearance in the Magic Kingdom, spreading goodwill and wishes to everyone on Christmas morning
The 26th Annual “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” airs Christmas Day on ABC-TV.
Additionally, Radio Disney will air a one-hour holiday special hosted by on-air personalities Ernie D. and Jake Whetter on Friday, December 25 (9:00 a.m. ET/6:00 a.m. PT). It will feature interviews with the Jonas Brothers, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato and Meaghan Martin originating from Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort. Corresponding video segments will be featured on RadioDisney.com through January 1, 2010.
* Please note: all talent subject to change.