Disney Family.com announced today the debut of GetHatched.com, a new Web site created with award-winning actress Teri Hatcher. GetHatched.com is a new online destination that balances having fun, finding inspiration, and gaining understanding from other women. The site offers a decidedly unique take on popular topics for women including beauty, relationships, style, health and happiness. GetHatched.com is produced by Disney Family.com, with creative and editorial content and insight provided by Ms. Hatcher and a team of experts.
In her opening blog post to site visitors, Ms. Hatcher discussed the goal of GetHatched.com, stating:
“GetHatched is a place that celebrates women in all of our multi-tasking, chore-juggling, diverse-life role-playing glory. We ARE the force behind everything. We are the caregivers, the nurturers, the lovers, and teachers. We do the laundry, clean the house, feed the pets, drive the carpool, and as if that wasn’t enough of a job, we often bring home the bacon. (And then cook it, too!)
Miss… Mrs… Mom… ME! GetHatched is about finding your way to the ME part without getting lost along the way. It’s a constant conversation for a community of women who support each other and have similar core beliefs.”
Emily Smith, vice president of Disney Online Mom and Family Portfolio praised Ms. Hatcher on the site’s launch, stating, “We’re thrilled to debut GetHatched.com. Teri has been an amazing collaborator with such heartfelt and creative energy. She has worked tirelessly to bring so many great ideas to life for women around the world to experience and enjoy. This has been a passion project for all of us.”
Key features on GetHatched.com include:
- “In the House” video series featuring Ms. Hatcher interviewing celebrity guests in her home such as acclaimed actress Mariel Hemingway in her home.
- “Chick Chat” video series that features women talking about various topics and issues ranging from sex versus sleep to finding time for girlfriends.
- “Power to the Peeps” blog that offers ideas and inspiration from Ms. Hatcher and other guest bloggers.
- “What’s Cracking You Up?” a column that quizzes celebrities on their funny zone—what keeps them laughing?
- “A Day in the Life” photo journal that will chronicle a day in the life of GetHatched bloggers and guests.
- “One Smart Chick” weekly essays from insightful and accomplished authors on topics such as relationships, time management and finding happiness.
- Expert articles on topics including “Nesting,” which is focused on home decor and organization; makeover tips for hair and wardrobe; health and happiness; relationships; celebrities; and “Turning Points,” a feature that celebrates women’s major life milestones and accomplishments.
Site experts and contributors include:
- Steeve Daviault – the high profile celebrity stylist work of hair and make-up artist Steeve Daviault is regularly featured in top beauty and fashion magazines around the world including Vogue and Allure.
- Christie Mellor – author of The Three Martini Playdate, encouraging parents to find time for themselves, and the recently published You Look Fine, Really, offering beauty advice and cheerful guidance on how to age gracefully and simply, on a budget.
- Stacey Platt – professional organizer who runs DwellWell, a New York-based organizing and lifestyle management company.
- Leslie Sachs – interior designer Leslie Sachs owns Breathing Room, a Los Angeles-based boutique and has been featured in several different design shows and in top style magazines including InStyle Home and House Beautiful.
- Jill Weiser – full-time mom, E! News producer and writer for Glamour in the UK who has transitioned from traveling the world covering red carpet Hollywood events to more mom-centric travels like driving to Target, Whole Foods, and her kids’ endless activities.