‘Pirate and Princess: Power of Doing Good,’ a pro-social touring event to introduce kids age 2-7 to the value of doing good, including caring for nature and animals and helping others, will begin Thursday, July 17 in Philadelphia before carrying on to Washington D.C., New York, Chicago, Houston, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Designed for kids and families, the tour is sponsored by Disney Junior, ASPCA, Youth Service America (YSA), National Wildlife Federation and First Book. Although the event is free, tickets are required and are available now at disneyjunior.thundertix.com.
The event will engage kids in positive actions that benefit others through the benevolent characters and stories in Disney Junior’s popular series ‘Sofia the First’ and ‘Jake and the Never Land Pirates.’ Each tour stop will include opportunities to create a storybook at ‘First Book’s Jake and Sofia’s Storytelling Maze,’ share acts of kindness or service at home or school in ‘YSA’s Enchancia Castle,’ participate in the ‘ASPCA’s Sofia’s Animal Friends’ activities, engage in interactive lessons of environmental conservation in the ‘National Wildlife Federation’s Jake’s Beach Treasures’ and to pledge continued service at the ‘Forever Tree.’
Each event will culminate with a musical celebration, hosted by Radio Disney, featuring special live appearances by Jake and Sofia.
The tour schedule includes the following stops:
- Thursday, July 17 (8:30 am – 6:00 pm) in Philadelphia at the Please Touch Museum
- Monday, July 21 (8:30 am – 6:00 pm) in Washington D.C. at The Yards Park
- Friday, July 25 (8:00 am – 6:00 pm) in New York City at Riverbank State Park
- Wednesday, July 30 (8:30 am – 6:00 pm) in Chicago (Joliet, IL) at Joliet Memorial Stadium
- Monday, August 4 (8:30 am – 6:00 pm) in Houston (Sugar Land, TX) at Oyster Creek Park
- Monday, August 11 (8:30 am – 6:00 pm) in the San Francisco Bay Area (Hayward, CA) at Kennedy Park
- Friday, August 15 (8:30 am – 6:00 pm) and Saturday, August 16 (11:00 am – 6:00 pm) in Los Angeles (Pasadena, CA) at Kidspace Children’s Museum
Parents from anywhere can visit DisneyJunior.com/powerofdoinggood to download activities inspired by the event and educational materials, including ‘Get Out & Get Moving’ nature guide and YSA’s ‘Families in Action’ kit. Families are then encouraged to make a pledge of service within their community and post about it on Twitter and Facebook throughout the summer using the hashtag #PowerOfDoingGood.