There’s 104 days of summer vacation and this year, Phineas and Ferb will be taking advantage of every single one as they tour the country in their very own stage show, produced by Feld Entertainment, who produce other Disney Live! productions including the Disney on Ice shows.
Produced by Feld Entertainment, Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever!, brings Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Isabella, Baljeet, Buford and friends to the stage as they make the most of the last day of summer by building an invention bigger, better and more amazing than ever. Before anyone can wonder “Hey! Where’s Perry?,” the pet platypus dons his Agent P fedora, and hilarious hijinks unfold as he battles Dr. Doofenshmirtz to save the Danville Tri-state area and audiences everywhere from the evil scientist’s most havoc-wreaking scheme to date.
“Disney Channel has created an extraordinarily popular TV series that offers humor for multiple generations and I am thrilled that Feld Entertainment is bringing Disney’s ‘Phineas and Ferb’ to the stage for the very first time,” said Producer Alana Feld. “The dynamic characters, witty humor and inspired music from the television series set the perfect foundation for Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever! to create an unparalleled Phineas and Ferb experience for audiences.”
“We are filled with a great sense of pride over this upcoming live tour and are especially thrilled with the achievements of the Feld creative team which has produced a smart, interesting and funny stage show, that extends the characters, stories and comedy that are at the heart of what we do every day,” said “Phineas and Ferb” co-creators Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh.
Audiences will be whisked on a high-energy ride that is part action adventure and part rock concert, while they move it and shake it to a soundtrack of hit songs from the animated series, including “Gitchee Gitchee Goo,” “Squirrels in My Pants,” “Backyard Beach,” “Busted,” “Today is Gonna Be a Great Day,” and “Summer Belongs to You.” Familiar songs serve as a main ingredient in the plot, advancing the story from scene to scene, while taking on a whole new feel when fused with fresh, original choreography and inventive special effects.
To bring “Phineas and Ferb” from screen to stage, Producer Alana Feld assembled a creative team whose sense of humor, understanding of a live audience and ability to incorporate the essence of the characters seamlessly brings the show to life. These industry experts include:
- Fred Tallaksen (Director/Choreographer) – Award-winning choreographer of Madonna’s “Sorry” video and the finale of her Confessions World Tour; in 2008, earned a Latin Grammy® in the Best Video category for Juanes’s “Me Enamora;” has choreographed for many TV shows, including “Modern Family,” “Outsourced” and “Wizards of Waverly Place;” skating consultant for “Austin Powers III-Goldmember;”
- Bradley Zweig (Writer) – Veteran of children’s programming who has written for Disney Channel, CW, Cartoon Network, Discovery Kids and Nickelodeon; served as writer and producer on the Henson Digital Performance Studio television series “Sid the Science Kid,” for which he was nominated for an Emmy® Award;
- Rick Papineau (Scenic Designer) – Vice President of Scenic Elements at Feld Entertainment; veteran designer who creates props, scenic elements and special effects for all of the company’s touring shows;
- Cynthia Nordstrom (Costume Designer) – Designed costumes for more than 15 original dance shows in Downtown Disney; designed costumes for Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy;
- Sam Doty (Lighting Designer) – Assisted in the building and planning of every Feld Entertainment show since 2006, including Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy, Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival and three editions of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® circus;
- Mike Avila (Music Director) – Composition credits include an original score recorded with the London Symphony Orchestra for a Denmark celebration of the stories of Hans Christian Anderson; composed award-winning Peter Pan’s Neverland event spectacular at Universal Studios Osaka and opening ceremonies of Hong Kong Disneyland; musical director/arranger for the City of Philadelphia’s Millennium Fireworks spectacular.
According to Ticketmaster, tickets will go on sale beginning Friday, May 13, 2011 at 10 am and the first show will take place at the Lakeland Center Youkey Theatre in Lakeland, FL on August 21, 2011 with shows continuing on through 2012.