On the heels of the success and industry recognition in the U.S. for its innovative format with the recently launched “Toy Story 3” app as well as with its “Toy Story,” “Toy Story 2,” and “The Princess and the Frog” read-along apps, Disney Publishing Worldwide has created its first ever international versions of the “Toy Story” read-along app for iPad.
Launching on July 20th in France, Germany, Italy and Spain, the “Toy Story” apps will each feature songs and movie clips in French, German, Italian and Spanish. The app will have special promotional pricing for a limited time at €2.99 through August 31st; pricing will then shift to €6.99. The Disney-Pixar feature film Toy Story 3 will launch in Europe throughout late July.
“Disney Publishing’s Storybook apps have seen tremendous consumer success and have been critically lauded for their amazing graphics and wide array of interactive features,” said Russell Hampton, president, Disney Publishing Worldwide. “We are pleased to deliver original Toy Story content for iPad to kids and families across Europe and look forward to similar success in these countries.”
Toy Story iPad App Highlights:
- This cinematic, interactive storybook app features Buzz, Woody, and the gang from Toy Story.
- Two interactive reading modes allow kids to follow along as the story is read aloud, or explore at their own pace. Children can also select ‘Younger Reading Mode’ to simplify page turning.
- Children can record their voice reading the story and hear it played back as narration.
- Children can tap characters and objects for sound effects and fun surprises.
- An interactive coloring feature that lets kids finger-paint and share their masterpieces with friends and family.
- Kids can sing along in French, German, Italian and Spanish to songs from the movie.
- A visual page index allows kids the ability to jump to their favorite page.
- Children can turn pages manually and move back and forth through the story as they wish.