Disney XD Begins on Production of New Live-Action Comedy, ‘I’m in the Band’
Production has begun in Hollywood on “I’m In The Band,” a music-filled, live-action comedy series for kids and families about a teenager who realizes his wildest dream when he joins his favorite “vintage” rock band, Iron Weasel, and sets out to help the band he idolizes make an epic comeback. The series, formerly known as “Viper Slap,” is scheduled to premiere in 2010 on Disney XD.
In “I’m In The Band,” Tripp Campbell joins his favorite “vintage” rock band, Iron Weasel, and becomes determined to help the band he idolizes make an epic comeback. He’s certainly got his work cut out for him with the trio of rock star misfits whose stars have fallen so far that they can’t even afford their own housing and are forced to share bunk beds in a guest room at Tripp’s house. Nonetheless, in their own off the wall way, the three stooges will do their best to help Tripp steer through his teenage years with the goal of turning him into a bona fide rock star and giving him the chance to live out his dream.
• 17-year-old Logan Miller as Tripp Campbell — Born in Englewood, Colorado, Miller grew up in Dallas, Texas. His credits include a role in “Ghosts of Girlfriends Past” and the Disney pilot “Life Bites.” Miller plays rock guitar.
• Steve Valentine as Derek Jupiter, Iron Weasel’s cocky lead singer — Raised in Southend-on-Sea, England, Valentine began his career as a magician and has appeared in numerous film and television projects, including “Spiderman III,” “Crossing Jordan” and the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie, “Wizards of Waverly Place The Movie.”
• Greg Baker as Burger Pitt, Iron Weasel’s infinitely wise bass player — Baker was born and raised in Burnsville, Minnesota, and got his big break while studying at the Groundlings Theatre in Hollywood, where the producers of ABC’s “Sports Night” discovered him and cast him as Elliot in the critically acclaimed series. He has a recurring role in “Hannah Montana.”
• Stephen Full as Ash, Iron Weasel’s lovable but simple-minded drummer — Full was raised in St. Charles, Illinois, and credits his large and zany family for his love of the stage. His television credits include roles in “Hannah Montana,” “CSI,” “CSI: NY,” “Heroes” and “Las Vegas.”
• Newcomer Caitlyn Taylor Love as Tripp’s neighbor, Izzy Fuentes — A singer, songwriter and musician, Love is a native of Harlingen, Texas. To further her music and acting career aspirations, she entered the Miss Texas Jr. Pageant and won the Talent Division and the crown of Miss Texas Jr. Preteen 2004. She was also a semi-finalist on “America’s Got Talent” at the age of 12.
The multi-camera production, filmed in High Definition (HD), was created by Michael Kaplan (“Frasier,” “Girlfriends”) and Ron Rappaport (“Date My Mom”). The series is executive-produced by Michael Kaplan and Richard Gurman (“Married…with Children,” “Still Standing”) and produced by Walter Barnett (“The Suite Life on Deck,” “That’s So Raven”). “I’m In The Band” is produced by It’s A Laugh Productions.