Disney XD’s ‘I’m in the Band’ to Premiere Jan 18 After Cardinals’ Kurt Warner Guests on Suite Life
“I’m in the Band,” a music-filled, live-action comedy series for kids and families about a teenager who realizes his wildest dream when he joins his favorite “vintage” rock band, Iron Weasel, will premiere MONDAY, JANUARY 18 (7:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney XD and DisneyXD.com. Kicking off the evening is a new episode of the hit series “The Suite Life on Deck” guest starring Arizona Cardinals Quarterback Kurt Warner (6:30 p.m. ET/PT).
Sponsored by Pepperidge Farm® Cheddar Goldfish® crackers, “I’m in the Band” will also be showcased via Disney XD on Demand, DisneyXD.com, Disney XD Mobile, Xbox Live and iTunes on Tuesday, January 19.
The premiere schedule is:
Monday, January 18
* “The Suite Life on Deck” (6:30 p.m., ET/PT) - In this new episode, “Any Given Fantasy,” Mr. Moseby forbids football on the Sky Deck so the students decide to play fantasy football instead. Cody enlists Kirby to teach him about football, and London unveils her secret weapon – Arizona Cardinals Quarterback Kurt Warner himself.
* “I’m in the Band” (7:00 p.m., ET/PT) - In the premiere episode, “I Wanna Punch Stuff,” Tripp gets dumped by Lana, the prettiest girl in his class, so he’s inspired to write a new song, “I Wanna Punch Stuff.” Meanwhile, Tripp surprises his band mates with a visit from professional mixed martial arts fighter and former roadie Ernesto the Besto who, unbeknownst to Tripp, has a bone to pick with Iron Weasel.
* “Zeke and Luther” (7:30 p.m., ET/PT) – In the new episode, entitled “Law and Boarder,” Zeke and Luther crash into Ginger’s potato wedge stand, and she gets even by convincing the home owners association to begin regulating skateboarders.
* “Band Van” – Iron Weasel music video will be available on Disney XD and Disney XD.com.
Tuesday, January 19
* “I’m in the Band” premiere episode available on Disney XD on Demand, DisneyXD.com, Disney XD Mobile, Xbox Live and iTunes.
“I’m in the Band” follows Tripp Campbell as he joins his favorite “vintage” rock band, Iron Weasel, and becomes determined to help the band he idolizes make an epic comeback. He’s certainly got his work cut out for him with the trio of rock star misfits whose stars have fallen so far that they can’t even afford their own housing and are forced to share bunk beds in a guest room at Tripp’s house. Nonetheless, in their own off the wall way, the three stooges will do their best to help Tripp steer through his teenage years with the goal of turning him into a bona fide rock star and giving him the chance to live out his dream.
The series stars Logan Miller (“Ghosts of Girlfriends Past”), Steve Valentine (“Crossing Jordan,” “Wizards of Waverly Place The Movie”), Greg Baker (“Sports Night,” “Hannah Montana”), Stephen Full (“Hannah Montana,” “CSI”) and newcomer Caitlyn Taylor Love (“America’s Got Talent”). The series was created by Michael B. Kaplan (“Frasier,” “Girlfriends”) and Ron Rappaport (“Date My Mom”) and is executive-produced by Kaplan and Richard Gurman (“Married…with Children,” “Still Standing”). The series is produced by It’s A Laugh Productions and carries a TV-Y7 parental guideline.