Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival will create a kaleidoscope of culinary experiences for guests of every palate April 16-May 31 at Disney’s California Adventure park and select locations across the Disneyland Resort.
Chefs, winemakers and brewmasters will celebrate The Art of Flavor at this year’s tantalizing festival, which features entertaining culinary demonstrations, outstanding wine and spirits seminars, and delicious food, wine and beer. General sales for Festival events began Feb. 16.
Look for chefs Guy Fieri and Cat Cora of Food Network, along with Disney culinary masters and special guests as they present their gastronomic talents in a full menu of complimentary demonstrations and signature paid events. The signature events include winemaker dinners, Sweet Sundays, Napa Rose Cooking School and Taste Food-Wine-Life, a night that celebrates the essence of the festival with a mosaic of food, wine and live entertainment.
Opening weekend features celebrity chef Guy Fieri, the popular television personality and “food dude” who appears on shows such as “Guy’s Big Bite” on the Food Network. Fieri will conduct complimentary food demonstrations on the Festival’s main stage.
“Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival is a great time,” Fieri said. “Of course the kids love Disneyland, but now this is something extra for the adults. It’s incredible chefs, great wines from around the world and Disney. You’re gonna dig it. See you there!”
Some events, including culinary demonstrations, are included with admission to Disney’s California Adventure park. Signature events are separately ticketed and require reservations. For details, visit www.disneyland.com/foodandwine.
Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival includes experiences for anyone who appreciates the art of food, wine and beer:
- The Hollywood Pictures Backlot comes to life as the new hub of energy and excitement, complete with artists, musicians and an international beer menu at the Brewers Collection. At the new Festival Showplace located in Stage 12, guests will sample from the delicious tapas menu at the Taste of California Marketplace and relax at the new Hollywood & Wine Lounge.
- Among the most popular events at the festival are live culinary demonstrations and autograph sessions with popular celebrity chefs. Along with Guy Fieri and Cat Cora, those scheduled to present include Robert Irvine, Jeffrey Saad and Kerry Simon.
- Hundreds of complimentary experiences and cooking demonstrations will entertain guests during the 46-day festival, many featuring the talents of Disneyland Resort chefs. Guest will also enjoy seminars that feature outstanding wine, spirits and beer.
- At the spectacular ticketed events, food and wine aficionados will collect cooking tips from chefs, mingle with noted winemakers and celebrate the palette of flavors presented by culinary masters.
- Also new this year is a Brewmaster Dinner on May 7. The ingredients for this memorable evening include savory seasonal fare artfully paired with handcrafted Karl Strauss beers.
Events returning for 2010 include the gala Taste Food-Wine-Life and other popular experiences:
- Taste Food-Wine-Life: This fun, high-energy evening combines the best elements of the Food & Wine Festival into one grand celebration, May 29. The immersive party has live entertainment, an outstanding selection of wines and colorful decor. Guests will stroll from station to station sampling delectable food dishes created by the chefs of Disneyland Resort.
- Sweet Sundays: The sweetest of all events features a light buffet breakfast and sparkling toast at the new Festival Showplace in
- Disney’s California Adventure. Guests will see demonstrations and taste signature desserts created by acclaimed pastry chefs, including Richard Ruskell of Montage Beverly Hills.
- Winemaker Dinners: Disneyland Resort chefs partner with premier California winemakers to prepare outstanding culinary delights at exclusive Winemaker Dinners on selected Friday nights. Each festival meal is paired with award-winning vintages and served at Steakhouse 55, inside the Disneyland Hotel.
- Napa Rose Cooking School: Disney Executive Chef Andrew Sutton will once again lead this hands-on course that sells out quickly. Each class will create and enjoy a four-course meal, expertly paired with wines, and each class member will go home with a white chef’s coat embroidered with the festival logo. This rare opportunity takes place in the show kitchen of the renowned Napa Rose restaurant at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. Guests must be at least 18 years old.
- Introduction to Wine Tasting: In this entertaining class, Advanced Sommelier Joy Cushing introduces guests to the joys of wine tasting. Guests will learn about wine regions, varietals, growing and harvesting techniques and then test their skills with a blind tasting.
Festival events held in Disney’s California Adventure may require park admission, which is not included in the event price. For details and pricing information, visit www.disneyland.com/foodandwine.