Disney’s ‘Secretariat’ Races Home on Blu-ray on January 25, 2011
Amazon.com is now accept pre-orders for Disney’s Secretariat on Disney Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack.
Billed as the impossible true story, Secretariat chronicles the spectacular journey of the 1973 Triple Crown winner. Housewife and mother Penny Chenery (Diane Lane) agrees to take over her ailing father’s Virginia-based Meadow Stables, despite her lack of horse-racing knowledge. Against all odds, Chenery—with the help of veteran trainer Lucien Laurin (John Malkovich)—manages to navigate the male-dominated business, ultimately fostering the first Triple Crown winner in 25 years and what may be the greatest racehorse of all time.
DVD bonus features include:
- Heart of A Champion - This feature takes a look at one of the most famous thoroughbred horses ever known. Secretariat was a horse with style as well as amazing speed and an unsurpassed racing record. We interview all the key players from the day as well as today’s filmmakers to learn more about the horse affectionately called “Red.”
- 3 Deleted Scenes with optional audio commentary by director Randall Wallace - Director introduction, ‘Memories,’ ‘Seth joins the team,’ ‘Too soon to celebrate’
- Music video – AJ Michalka ‘It’s Who You Are’
Blu-ray bonus features include all of the DVD bonus features plus:
- Choreographing the Races – This piece looks at how director Randall Wallace and the filmmakers used innovative tools and technology to accurately and excitingly recreate the Triple Crown races that make the viewer feel like they are standing on the backstretch themselves.
- A Director’s Inspiration: A Conversation with The Real Penny Chenery – Director Randall Wallace sits down with Secretariat owner Penny Chenery to review the movie and some of the key scenes. Penny reflects on what it was like to have been a woman in a male dominated sport and to have been part of horse racing’s most exciting moments in history.
- Audio commentary by director Randall Wallace
- 7 Deleted Scenes with optional audio commentary by director Randall Wallace - All deleted scenes as on the DVD edition plus: Alternate Opening, ‘Introduction,’ ‘Are you a golfer?,’ ‘No time to rest’
- Secretariat multi-angle simulation – Relive Secretariats triumphant 1973 Preakness race by viewing the race from a number of perspectives as well as listening to commentaries from fans, announcers and even the jockey who rode Secretariat to their record finish.