ESPN today launches two new web-based players on ESPNRadio.com with the completely revamped super stream player with launch partner Yahoo!, introducing the new Instant Replay feature and the launch of Super Week webcam just in time for the days leading up to Super Bowl XLIV between the New Orleans Saints and Indianapolis Colts.
The new Instant Replay feature will give sports fans control over their digital audio experience, literally. Using exclusive technology, listeners will now have the ability to pause and rewind live streaming programming for up to 30 minutes on all accessible ESPN stations within the newly enhanced super stream player. Other highlights of the player include:
- Local SportsCenter broadcasts on-demand updated every 20 minutes;
- News and highlights from ESPN’s suite of local sites in Chicago, Boston, Dallas and Los Angeles integrated into each respective market;
- Access to 5 times the number of clips and podcasts available instantly or on-demand via the Podcast player;
- Completely redesigned webcam video player;
- Live ESPN Radio and ESPN Deportes national programming;
- Local stations from 16 markets nationwide, including ESPN 1050 New York, ESPN 1000 Chicago, ESPN 103.3 Dallas, ESPN 710 Los Angeles and ESPN 1250 Pittsburgh;
- Enhanced BottomLine with scores and news;
- Social media tools featuring direct texts and emails to the stations, Twitter and other mobile integrations.
An all new Super Week webcam also debuts today, featuring content exclusively dedicated to programming around Super Bowl Week. The webcam will stream video and audio from fan favorite radio shows like Mike & Mike in the Morning, The Herd with Colin Cowherd, The Scott Van Pelt Show, Radio College Gameday, Super Week and more from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET live from Miami with a full screen video feature. The webcam will be supported by presenting sponsors Dove and Tabasco with associate sponsors FLO TV, Miller High Life, H&R Block and JCPenney.