Via an email to Disney Travel Agents regarding the newly made announcements regarding the Enchanted Forest portion of the New Fantasyland Expansion at the Walt Disney World Resort on December 6, 2012 (soft opening November 19), a few pieces of concept art were released. They appear to be new, but it is quite possible they’ve been released previously and we just missed them, but even if they are old news they are beautiful enough to warrant sharing again.
- The castle of the Beast stands majestically upon a hill and houses the Be Our Guest Restaurant (reservations open for November 19 on August 20 at
12 pm7 AM ET), which will feature a lavish dining experience in the elegant ballroom, gallery and mysterious ‘West Wing’ of the castle. With seating for 550, this eatery promises a French bistro flavor, offering ‘great food fast’ service by day and full table service dining in the evening.
- Maurice’s Cottage (decorated with a few of his wacky contraptions!) is situated in Belle’s Village amongst a French countryside setting complete with a wishing well and rustic foot bridge. The inventor’s humble workshop welcomes guests into the first scene of Enchanted Tales with Belle and Lumiere, a lively retelling of the ‘tale as old as time.’
- Nearby in Belle’s Village, guests will find the rousing Gaston’s Tavern and Bonjour! Village Gifts.
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid is a major new attraction that takes guests on a ride with Ariel and her friends through their exciting adventures above and below the waves – all against a musical backdrop of songs from the classic film.
- Ariel’s Grotto provides a way to meet and greet with The Little Mermaid herself.