We have yet to see any official announcement from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, but thanks to a new listing from DisneyStore.com, we have now learned that plans to release Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie on Blu-ray have moved up from the original reported date of January 15, 2013 to a fairly official date of January 8, 2013. Note, however, that Disney Store lists only the non 3D version of the release whereas other retailers, such as Amazon.com, are listing the Disney 3D Blu-ray version
The listing essentially also confirms much of what we previously reported regarding the bonus features. As a recap, the bonus features are recapped below, as per Disney Store:
UPDATE: We have been provided with official release details, which have been incorporated into the original post below:
- Miniatures in Motion: Bringing Frankenweenie to Life – Viewers get an in-depth tour of the London set that includes never-before-seen footage showcasing the hundreds of artists who worked on the film.
- Frankenweenie touring exhibit – Allows audiences to explore the artistry of the film’s puppets, sets and props in a showcase that’s traveling the world.
- Original live action Frankenweenie short
- All new animated short, Captain Sparky vs the Flying Saucers
- Plain White T’s ‘Pet Sematary’ music video
- Easter eggs
- 3 deleted scenes