A major update for the Radio Disney App for iPhone and iPod touch, which has exceeded one million installations, is now live on the App Store. The update, using the multitasking functionality of iOS4, allows listeners to stream Radio Disney while using other features and apps on their device. The updated Radio Disney App also enables users to request songs, learn of local Radio Disney events, and send shout outs to Radio Disney and to the network’s on-air personalities.
“Radio Disney’s app has quickly become one of the most frequently downloaded free, Disney-branded, parent-approved apps, by providing radio content that kids love at our consumer’s fingertips,” said Michael Peterson, executive director, Digital Media, Disney/ABC Television Group. Jon Sayer, vice president of Ad Sales, Radio Disney added: “The sponsorship opportunities of the Radio Disney App demonstrate our ability to deliver our advertising partners programs that are relevant to kids, tweens and moms across our Disney media platforms.”
In addition to the current live 24-hour stream, the new Radio Disney App includes:
- Multitasking Functionality – users can listen to the Radio Disney stream while using the device for other functions such as texting, browsing the internet, emailing, viewing contacts and more.
- Song Requests – users can interact with Radio Disney by requesting a song.
- Favorites – users can customize the experience by tagging songs and adding them to a list of favorites.
- Shout Outs – listeners can interact with Radio Disney by sending messages that are scrolled on screen and may be read on-air.
- Stations & Events – instant access to geo-targeted information on the closest Radio Disney station and upcoming events.
- Premium features – in “Radio Disney App Extras” that includes exclusive videos, podcasts, and lyrics, for a one-time charge of $2.99.
The Radio Disney App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone and iPod touch and can be found here.