For the first time ever, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is introducing two film classics featuring acclaimed performances by Robin Williams to Blu-ray. On January 17, 2012, the 25th Anniversary edition of Good Morning, Vietnam and Dead Poets Society will be released.
Enjoy the unsurpassed digital sound quality of Blu-ray High Definition as Army deejay Adrian Cronauer (Williams) spins a red-hot soundtrack of ‘60s hits. His sidesplitting comedy and rapid fire wit make him a hero to the troops, but quickly get him in hot water with his by-the-book superiors. Featuring a behind-the-scenes look at Williams’ hilarious radio monologues, Good Morning, Vietnam remains the quintessential Robin Williams comedy.
The film stars Academy Award® Winner Robin Williams (1997, Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Good Will Hunting, Night At the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian), Academy Award® Winner Forest Whitaker (2006, Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: The Last King of Scotland, Repo Men), Bruno Kirby (City Slickers, Hoffa) and J.T. Walsh (Misery, A Few Good Men).
Bonus features include:
- Production Diary (5 features) – How The Movie Came To Be, Actor Improv; Music Of The Movie, Origin Of The Good Morning, Vietnam Sign-On, Shooting In Thailand & Overview Of The Film A Year Later
- Raw Monologues
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Original Theatrical Teaser Trailer
For generations, Welton Academy students have been groomed to live lives of conformity and tradition – until new professor John Keating inspires them to think for themselves, live life to the fullest and “Carpe Diem.” This unconventional approach awakens the spirits of the students, but draws the wrath of a disapproving faculty when an unexpected tragedy strikes the school. With unforgettable characters and beautiful cinematography, Dead Poets Society will captivate and inspire you time and time again.
The film stars Robin Williams (Good Will Hunting), Ethan Hawke (Training Day) and Robert Sean Leonard (TV’s “House”).
Bonus features include:
- Dead Poets: A Look Back featuring interview footage with Director Peter Weir, Ethan Hawke, Robert Sean Leonard and many others
- Raw Takes
- Master of Sound: Alan Splet – interviews with David Lynch And Peter Weir
- Cinematography Master Class – an intensive and inspirational lighting workshop with Cinematographer John Seale
- Audio Commentary with Director Peter Weir, Cinematographer John Seale and Writer Tom Schulman
- Theatrical Trailer