no images were found
Walt Disney Studios has provided us with a high resolution version of a recently released still featuring Meryl Streep stars as the Witch and MacKenzie Mauzy as Rapunzel from the upcoming film, Into the Woods (December 25, 2014). The photo, seen left, has also been added to the beginning of our gallery of stills from the film, which you can find embedded below.
Into the Woods is a modern twist on the beloved Brothers Grimm fairy tales, intertwining the plots of a few choice stories and exploring the consequences of the characters’ wishes and quests. This humorous and heartfelt musical follows the classic tales of Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and the Beanstalk, and Rapunzel — all tied together by an original story involving a baker and his wife, their wish to begin a family and their interaction with the witch who has put a curse on them.
no images were found
The all-star ensemble cast includes:
- Meryl Streep portrays the Witch who wishes to reverse a curse so that her beauty may be restored.
- Emily Blunt is the Baker’s Wife, a childless woman who longs to be a mother.
- James Corden plays the role of the Baker, a hard-working man who desperately wants to start a family.
- Anna Kendrick fills the shoes of Cinderella, who finds herself on a journey of self-discovery.
- Chris Pine portrays Cinderella’s Prince, charming and impossibly handsome, who is on an endless quest to find his bride.
- Johnny Depp steps in as the Wolf, who sets his sights on Little Red Riding Hood.
- Lilla Crawford makes her feature-film debut as Little Red Riding Hood, a smart and spunky girl who journeys into the woods, finding unexpected adventures along the way.
- Daniel Huttlestone lands the role of Jack, an absentminded and adventurous boy who trades his treasured cow for five magic beans.
- Tracey Ullman joins the cast as Jack’s Mother, a poor and exasperated mom who is overwhelmed, yet fiercely protective of her son.
- Christine Baranski takes on the infamous Stepmother who wishes for riches and grandeur; she’ll do anything to marry off one of her daughters to a prince.
- MacKenzie Mauzy plays Rapunzel, a sheltered young woman who experiences the world beyond her tower for the first time.
- Billy Magnussen is the dashing and eager Prince who courts Rapunzel.
Celebrated actors from the stage and screen fill the supporting roles, including Tammy Blanchard and Lucy Punch as Cinderella’s spoiled stepsisters, Florinda and Lucinda. Richard Glover is the Princes’ royal steward, Frances de la Tour portrays the giant, and Simon Russell Beale is the Baker’s father. Actress Joanna Riding portrays Cinderella’s late mother, and Little Red Riding Hood’s beloved granny is played by Annette Crosbie.