no images were found
Disney Consumer Products today unveiled the Disney Royal Ball collection, the first ever line of Quinceañera gowns inspired by the inner qualities, personalities and stories of the Disney Princess characters Designed and created in collaboration with special occasions fashion industry leader, Ashdon Inc, the new gowns combine classical styling with elements of fantasy and magic to bring an air of royalty and fairy tale to young women celebrating their Quinceañera. The debut line features 21 gowns — two styles for each Disney Princess and a special new gown, “la Corona de la Princesa,” that will be added to the line each year.
“The Latino community has a strong affinity for Disney, and the Disney Royal Ball Quinceañera collection offers another avenue to make the Quinceañera celebration even more unique and meaningful for Latina teens and their families,” said Gilberto Martinez Kladt, vice president of licensing for Disney Princess. “Disney is thrilled to provide young Latinas with the opportunity to celebrate the elegance, grace and poise of their favorite Disney Princess characters on such a special and momentous day.”
Disney’s special occasion business for women launched in 2007 with a luxury “fairy tale weddings” bridal collection. The business continued its growth in 2010 in collaboration with renowned wedding dress designer Alfred Angelo for the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings collection. In 2012 the business expanded to reach teens with Disney Forever Enchanted, a line of Disney Princess-inspired prom dresses, launched in collaboration with Ashdon Inc.
“The Disney Royal Ball collection is designed to create a royal statement and a lifetime of memories,” said Nick Yeh, CEO of Ashdon Brands. “The gowns are fun to wear and fit wonderfully into traditionally festive environments, providing a magnificent and special way for Quince girls to realize their very own princess-inspired dreams,” adds Yeh.
no images were found
Available in a variety of colors, featuring regal fabrications and elegant accents of crystal, embroidery and beadwork, young Latinas celebrating their Quinceañeras can choose from any of the following dresses inspired by the Disney Princess characters:
- Ariel — Cascading waves of organza ruffles and oceans of jewels pay tribute to Ariel’s courageous yet free-spirited nature
- Belle — Versailles-inspired beadwork and sophisticated silhouettes pay reflect Belle’s elegance, intelligence and beauty
- Cinderella — Inspired by Cinderella’s graceful elegance, these timeless gowns bring the magic of the ballroom to life, with glamorous draping and delicate beadwork featuring coach-like embellishments
- Jasmine — A whole new world awaits with these exotic gowns. Shimmering beadwork and beautiful silhouettes, celebrate Jasmine’s bold and adventurous spirit
- Mulan — These Chinoiserie-inspired organza ball gowns capture Mulan’s heroic spirit and valiant heart
Pocahontas — Inspired by Pocahontas’ courageous heart and love of nature, these gowns celebrate the beauty of the earth and the sky. Cascading ruffles and elegant draping are adorned with dazzling beadwork
- Rapunzel — A tribute to Rapunzel’s passion and artistic spirit, the cap-sleeve, organza ball gown features exquisite beading and a skirt inspired by organic, hand-rolled flowers, while the strapless style featured a ruffled detachable skirt
- Sleeping Beauty — As alluring and beautiful as Aurora herself, these dreamy gowns feature sweetheart necklines, delicate beadwork with whimsical skirts
- Snow White — Inspired by the compassionate nature and grace of Disney’s first princess, these stunning gowns make a graceful yet dramatic statement
- Tiana — Masquerade across the dance floor in dazzling New Orleans style. These enchanting gowns capture Tiana’s confident attitude and independent spirit
- Corona de La Princesa — Disney’s very own grand addition to the Disney Royal Ball Quinceañera collection with ornate details to celebrate being a princess
The Disney Royal Ball Quinceañera collection is available at specialty and formal wear retailers in communities across the US and Canada and is available for pre-order through select retailers. Dresses will be available in sizes 0-20 with MSRPs ranging from $530-$999.
Now through June 7, 2013, QuinceañerasMagazine.com is hosting La Corona De La Princesa sweepstakes, offering one reader the chance to win the Disney Royal Ball Quinceañera gown of their choice, a VIP weekend trip for two to Southern California, a $1,000 cash prize and more. The top 10 finalists will receive a Disney Royal Ball Quinceañera gown of their choice and a subscription to Quinceañeras Magazine. For contest details visit quinceanerasmagazine.com/articles/la-corona-de-la-princesa.
For more information on the Disney Royal Ball Quinceañera collection and retail outlets, please visit www.QuinceRoyalBall.com.