With an originally advertised release date of March 17, 2015 looming dangerously near with no official mention of the Toy Story 20th Anniversary entry in the Disney Music Emporium’s Legacy Collection, several readers have reached out to us asking if we had any additional information. We, in turn, have reached out to Disney Music to confirm rumors that the Toy Story album may be delayed and we regret to report that a delay has in fact been confirmed to us. While we have seen reports about a May release, the information given to us by Disney Music was not quite as optimistic, offering only that the release date is officially ‘to be determined’ and Disney is hopeful that it is ready for release by the time Disney D23 Expo happens in August. Specific reasons for its delay were not provided, however it is interesting to note that one of the titles — Cinderella — was announced for an early release at the Expo, but has been moved up by over a month.
In addition, Disney has offered us an updated calendar for the remaining releases announced in the first year of the Legacy Collection program. They are as follows:
- Lady and the Tramp 60th Anniversary — April 28, 2015, exclusively through Intrada (Originally May 12)
- Disneyland 60th Anniversary — In-park on May 6, 2015; Available everywhere else August 18, 2015 (Originally April 7)
- Cinderella 65th Anniversary — June 23, 2015 (Originally August 14 / Disney D23 Expo)
- Pocahontas 20th Anniversary — July 21, 2015 (Originally June 23)
- The Aristocats 45th Anniversary — – At Disney D23 Expo on August 11, 2015; Available everywhere else on August 18, 2015 (Originally August 14 everywhere).