A sparkling 25′ tall Cinderella Castle Ice sculpture, weighing in at an impressive 22 and a half tons, played centerpiece to the latest announcement from Disney Parks early this morning in Times Square.
Along with several other ice sculptures portraying Cinderella’s pumpkin coach, a balloon seller (accented with real Mickey Mouse balloons) and various park guests, Disney Parks is announcing its 2013 campaign, ‘Limited Time Magic.’
The big to-do, which included visits from Disney Parks dignitaries such as Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Cinderella, was all about the new ‘Limited Time Magic’ campaign which brings 52 weeks of both small and large celebrations to both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts in 2013.
Below are some exclusive photos and video from the event. All photos and video © copyright Stitch Kingdom. All rights reserved.
Sample celebrations schedule to occur in 2013 include:
- True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Guests can celebrate their Valentine as Magic Kingdom and Disneyland turn up the romance, complete with their iconic castles bathed in hues of red and pink. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine collectibles will be offered for the week.
- Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.
- ‘Long Lost Friends Week:‘ lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight with meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opportunities with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests will even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.
- Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands,
pirate meet-and-greets and more.
- Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the ‘Original Boy Band’ and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.
- Unleash the Villains: A Friday the 13th in 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland and Disney Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th Hour (1 am). Maleficent, Capt. Hook, Jafar and other Disney villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and nighttime mischief on Sept. 13.
- Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.
Disney dream makers are crafting more surprises and magical offers that will be rolled out weekly during the magical year. The experience of the week will be announced in a variety of ways including in-park, Disneyworld.com, Disneyland.com, Facebook, Twitter, the Disney Parks Blog – adding to the element of surprise.
Additionally, Disney Parks has created websites for ‘Limited Time Magic’ which will are accessible at http://limitedtimemagic.com and http://magiaportiempolimitado.com (Spanish)
Photos and video from this morning’s festivities are set to come shortly.