UPDATE: DISNEY HAS CONFIRMED THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ARTICLE
Ahead of any official announcement, we have been able to obtain at least a partial list for bonus features for the Blu-ray release of The Lone Ranger from Walt Disney Studios and Jerry Bruckheimer Productions. The latest news to us via the British Board of Film Classification.
From producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski, the filmmaking team behind the blockbuster Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, comes Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer Films’ The Lone Ranger, a thrilling adventure infused with action and humor, in which the famed masked hero is brought to life through new eyes. Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Armie Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice—taking the audience on a runaway train of epic surprises and humorous friction as the two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.
Pending official confirmation, bonus features are set to include:
- Armie’s Western Road Trip (13:57) – Armie Hammer takes fans on a personal, exclusive journey through Utah, New Mexico and Colorado. Experience the scenic locations where the film was shot, and go beyond those sets to get a unique view of the west.
- Becoming a Cowboy (7:42) – Authenticity. A concept that was important to the filmmakers. With that in mind, they put the cast through an intensive bootcamp where they were they learned the ropes of shooting a gun, riding a horse, and learned how to transform into the characters they would become. See the lengths they went to in this entertaining segment
- Riding the Rails of the Lone Ranger (10:10) – For the production of the movie, director Gore Verbinski had a five mile oval track built along with multiple engines and cars. Take a look at the incredible effort that went into crafting such a detailed and integral part of The Lone Ranger.
- Easter Egg: ILM (1:08)
- Easter Egg: Flipped Out (:40)
- Deleted Scene: ‘More Hell on Wheels’ (2:03)
- Deleted Scene: ‘Locust Storm / Great Warriors Must Adapt’ (3:44)
- Bloopers (3:40)
No official release date has been announced, but Walmart has been on again/off again with one, including December 17, 2013, which it’s had listed for some time now. It’s also available for pre-order (without date) from Amazon.