Walt Disney Studios and Pixar Animation Studios have provided us some official ‘fun facts’ for its upcoming animated release, Monsters University. In addition, we have also received several new hi-res stills and recently released concept art for the Monsters Inc. prequel, which we have added to our galleries below.
Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan are an inseparable pair, but that wasn’t always the case. From the moment these two mismatched monsters met they couldn’t stand each other. Monsters University unlocks the door to how Mike and Sulley overcame their differences and became the best of friends.
MONSTERS UNIVERSITY FUN FACTS
- Dean Hardscrabble’s character was modeled after a type of centipede called Scolopendra Gigantea, also known as the Amazonian giant centipede.
- The design of Archie the Scare Pig was inspired by director Dan Scanlon’s dog Carol, a Japanese Chin.
- Don Carlton’s business card lists his address as 1200 Dark Ave. Pixar’s Emeryville address is 1200 Park Ave.
- There were 100,856 storyboards delivered for Monsters University — the highest number on any Pixar film.
- Monsters University’s library is called Bohol Hall, named after Pixar artist Nelson Bohol who designed it.
- Monsters University was founded in 1313.
- There are six different schools of study at Monsters University: School of Scaring, School of Engineering, School of Liberal Arts & Monstrosities, School of Science, School of Business and School of Aquatics.
- The address of the Oozma Kappa fraternity house is the same address as the house where director Dan Scanlon grew up.
Walt Disney Studios and Pixar Animation Studios have provided us with this hi-res version of a recently released image featuring Mike Wazowski as he embarks on his educational career at Monsters University, which debuts in theaters on June 21, 2013.
The image has also been added to our gallery of stills from the film below. As a reminder, click on any of the thumbnails to see a larger version of the image and click on the resize arrow to view the image at its original resolution.
Concept art gallery:
Screaming with laughter and oozing with heart, Disney/Pixar’s Monsters University features the voices of Billy Crystal, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Helen Mirren, Alfred Molina, Charlie Day, Joel Murray, Dave Foley, Sean P. Hayes, Julia Sweeney and Peter Sohn. With music from Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee and award-winning composer Randy Newman, the film opens in U.S. theaters on June 21, 2013, and will be shown in 3D in select theaters.