‘Muppet Christmas Carol’ Blu-Ray Additional Details Released
It’s been months since we shared the news that The Muppet Christmas Carol will be finding its way onto Disney Blu-ray on November 6 with very few details to go on due to a lack of an official press release. Today that has changed — a little.
We have received an official press release from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment confirming the release as well as providing a few additional details on the bonus features as well as the transfer which are sure to amaze and daze you, our beloved reader.
First up, the bonus features:
- Disney Intermission — An all-new bonus feature. When the film is paused, fans can watch and ‘cluck-a-long’ to five classic holiday-themed songs performed by the Muppets Chickens and chums.
- Audio Commentary — All-new audio commentary with fan-favorite characters, Kermit, Rizzo, Gonzo, and more, all reflecting on their experience making The Muppet Christmas Carol.
- Frogs, Pigs and Humbug: Unwrapping a New Holiday Classic. A Behind the Scenes Look — Hosted by director Brian Henson, Gonzo and Rizzo fans go behind-the-scenes of the making of The Muppet Christmas Carol.
- Blooper Reel — ‘On the Set’ bloopers from the set of the film.
- Pepe Profiles Gonzo: ‘Portrait of the Artist as a Young Weirdo’ — A special look at the man, the myth, the legend the Great Gonzo, hosted by the one and only Pepe the King Prawn.
- Christmas Around the World — Gonzo and Rizzo take a look at how Christmas is celebrated all over the planet.
The DVD edition contains all of the blu-ray bonus features except for the behind-the-scenes look and the Disney Intermission.
Finally, for the technical aspects, it is shown in 1:85:1 format and has a running time of ‘approximately 89 minutes.’ Although the running time may suggest it, and conflicts with Amazon’s list of 85 which undoubtedly refers to previous editions of the film, there is no indication as to whether this film includes ‘When Love is Gone’ which appears to be a sore point amongst many a fan.
A request to Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment for clarification has gone unanswered at this time.