Three talented young actors, each a familiar face to Disney Channel viewers, Jason Dolley (“Cory in the House”), Mitchel Musso (“Hannah Montana” and “Phineas and Ferb”) and Tiffany Thornton (“Sonny With A Chance”), cross over to star in the comedy “Hatching Pete,” a Disney Channel Original Movie premiering Friday, April 24 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT). The movie will be showcased across SVOD and mobile platforms, and via exclusive games on DisneyChannel.com.
The premiere weekend event will include a guided tour of the set of the upcoming comedy series “JONAS” by stars Kevin, Joe and Nick Jonas, as well as an exclusive sneak peek of the upcoming Disney/Pixar feature film, “Up.”
In “Hatching Pete,” Pete Ivey (played by Dolley) is a quiet and often overlooked 16-year-old who must stand in for his outgoing best friend Cleatus Poole (played by Musso) when Cleatus cannot complete his duties as their high school mascot, a chicken. The chicken mascot, with Pete anonymously behind the mask, soon becomes the main attraction at school, but no one knows it’s not Cleatus in the suit. Once it’s revealed that Cleatus is not in the costume, it’s up to Pete to decide if he’s willing to step into the spotlight.
The premiere schedule is as follows:
FRIDAY, APRIL 3
* “Hatching Pete” trailer and behind-the-scenes content available on mobile providers including AT&T CV, Sprint TV and Verizon V Cast.
FRIDAY, APRIL 17
* “Hatching Pete” available on Disney Channel on Demand through select cable and telco providers.
FRIDAY, APRIL 24 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT)
* “Hatching Pete” premieres on Disney Channel with simulcast on Sprint TV and MobiTV.
SATURDAY, APRIL 25 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT)
* Encore presentation of “Hatching Pete” on Disney Channel, with a behind-the-scenes set tour from the upcoming Disney Channel series “JONAS,” hosted by its stars, Kevin, Joe and Nick Jonas, Chelsea Staub and Nicole Anderson.
SUNDAY, APRIL 26 (9:00 p.m., ET/PT)
* Encore presentation of “Hatching Pete” on Disney Channel, with an exclusive sneak peek of the upcoming DisneyPixar feature film, “Up.” The animated comedy adventure follows 78-year-old Carl Fredricksen as he fulfills his dream of a great adventure when he ties thousands of balloons to his house and flies away to the wilds of South America, only to discover that he has brought with him his biggest nightmare, a 9-year-old Wilderness Explorer stowaway.
The “Hatching Pete” movie site on www.DisneyChannel.com features the arcade game “Cluck, Duck and Dodge.” Two additional games will be added, “Tailfeathers Bounce” (March 20) and “Mascot Me,” an interactive quiz (April 10).