NEW YORK, April 29 /PRNewswire/ — This year, PEOPLE en Espanol’s “50 Most Beautiful” special issue features nine of today’s most popular Hispanic women on the cover. Desperate Housewive’s Eva Longoria, Nacho Libre’s Ana de la Reguera, Univision’s top rated soap actress Maite Perroni, and current Miss Universe, Dayana Mendoza, posed together for the cover in the heart of Miami Beach.
The magazine traveled to Los Angeles, Miami, New York and Mexico to shoot all 50 celebrities with three main themes in mind: natural beauty, new generation and Hollywood classics. The Hollywood classics section salutes some of the most memorable film icons including Eva Longoria posing as Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Longoria admits to actually having breakfast at Tiffany’s New York City location before marrying NBA superstar Tony Parker. “They opened the store for us so we could choose the dinnerware for the wedding and they had breakfast for us,” remembers the 34-year-old Mexican-American actress.
Other beauties in the issue include Ricky Martin posing as Marlon Brando in A Streetcar Called Desire; Univision TV personality Lili Estefan as Marilyn Monroe in The Seven Year Itch; Aracely Arambula is le femme fatale Veronica Lake; Mexican actress Maite Perroni as Judy Garland in The Wizard of Oz; Ugly Betty’s Freddy Rodriguez as famed film producer and director Howard Hughes; Cuban actor William Levy as Robert Redford in The Sting; Nacho Libre’s Ana de la Reguera as the legendary Ava Gardner; Dominican singer Anthony Romeo Santos as Gene Kelly in Singin’ in the Rain, and Mexican singer Christopher von Uckermann as James Dean, among others.
Also in the issue is 16-year-old Selena Gomez, who tells the magazine that although she was named after the late singing legend, Selena Quintanilla, she doesn’t pretend to imitate her. “I’m just trying to be the best Selena Gomez I can be,” says the star of the wildly popular Disney Channel’s Wizards of Waverly Place.
For the second consecutive year, PeopleEnEspanol.com invited users to choose one lucky celebrity who would make the prestigious “50 Most Beautiful” list. The list of nominees began with ten celebrities and after nearly 200,000 votes, actress Karla Monroig, singer Christopher von Uckermann, TV personality Lilia Luciano and popular radio host Eddie Piolin Sotelo made it to the final cut. Due to the enormous response these finalists received, the editors decided to make everyone happy and include all four this year.
In response to readers, PEOPLE en Espanol has refreshed its look and now includes more color, new sections and content.
The complete list of the “50 Most Beautiful”:
* Allisson Lozz – Mexican actress, Univison’s Al diablo con los guapos
* Ana Barbara – Mexican Latin Grammy Award winning singer
* Ana de la Reguera – Mexican actress, Nacho Libre
* Ana Maria Canseco – Mexican TV personality, Univision’s Despierta America
* Anthony Romeo Santos – Lead singer of Dominican Bachata group Aventura
* Aracely Arambula – Mexican actress/TV personality, Univision’s Â¡Viva la familia! de Todobebe
* Aylin Mujica – Cuban actress, Telemundo’s Sin senos no hay paraiso
* Barbara Bermudo – TV personality, Univision’s Primer impacto
* Carlos Calderon – Mexican TV personality, Galavision’s Acceso maximo
* Carmen Villalobos – Colombian actress, Telemundo’s Sin senos no hay paraiso
* Carmen Dominicci – Puerto Rican journalist
* Catherine Siachoque – Colombian actress, Telemundo’s Sin senos no hay paraiso
* Cesar Evora – Cuban actor, Televisa’s En nombre del amor
* Chayanne – Puerto Rican singer/actor, Mega TV’s Gabriel
* Christopher von Uckermann – Mexican singer
* Dayana Mendoza – Miss Universe 2008
* Diana Bracho – Mexican actress, Univision’s Fuego en la sangre
* Eddie Piolin Sotelo – Mexican radio personality, El Piolin de la manana
* Edith Gonzalez – Mexican actress, Telemundo’s Dona Barbara
* Elizabeth Alvarez – Mexican actress, Univision’s Fuego en la sangre
* Esteban Cortazar -Colombian fashion designer
* Eugenio Siller – Mexican actor, Univision’s Al diablo con los guapos
* Eugenio Derbez – Mexican actor, Univision’s La familia D.Peluche
* Eva Longoria Parker -Actress, ABC’s Desperate Housewives
* Fidel Rueda – Mexican singer
* Freddy Rodriguez -Actor, ABC’s Ugly Betty
* Galilea Montijo – Mexican TV personality, Televisa’s ?Cuanto quieres perder?
* Genesis Rodriguez -Telenovela actress, Telemundo’s Dona Barbara
* German Montero – Mexican singer
* Giselle Blondet – TV personality, Univision’s Nuestra belleza latina
* Gonzalo Garcia Vivanco – Mexican actor, Televisa’s Verano de amor
* Greydis Gil -Univision’s Nuestra Belleza Latina finalist, winner of People en Espanol challenge in the show
* Ilia Calderon – Colombian journalist, Univision’s Primer impacto
* Jencarlos Canela – Cuban-American actor, Telemundo’s Mas sabe el diablo
* Jenni Rivera – Mexican songwriter and singer
* Karen Martinez – Colombian actress, Telemundo’s El cartel
* Karla Monroig – Puerto Rican actress, Telemundo’s El rostro de Analia
* Lili Estefan – TV personality, Univision’s El gordo y la flaca
* Lilia Luciano -TV personality, Telefutura’s Escandalo TV
* Lorena Rojas – Mexican actress, Telemundo’s Pecados ajenos
* Lupillo Rivera – Mexican singer
* Maite Perroni -Actress, Univision’s Cuidado con el angel
* Manolo Cardona – Colombian actor, Telemundo’s El cartel, Beverly Hills Chihuahua (Walt Disney Pictures)
* Pee Wee – Mexican-American singer
* Ricky Martin – Puerto Rican Grammy Award winning singer
* Sebastian Zurita – Mexican actor, Televisa’s En nombre del amor
* Selena Gomez -Actress, Disney Channel’s Wizards of Waverly Place
* William Levy – Cuban actor, Univision’s Cuidado con el angel
* Wisin – Puerto Rican, Grammy Award winning reggaeton singer (duo with Yandel)
* Yandel – Puerto Rican, Grammy Award winning reggaeton singer (duo with Wisin)
For exclusive behind-the-scenes footage from the “50 Most Beautiful” cover shoots visit PeopleEnEspanol.com. Starting April 27, the site will have an online special featuring daily updates with exclusive photo galleries, celebrities interviews, interactive surveys and blogs about this year’s 50 Most Beautiful.
PeopleEnEspanol.com will also have a behind the scenes look at the magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful” party to be held on May 13th, in New York City. Log on to see celebrity interviews, red carpet arrivals and party images at PeopleEnEspanol.com.