no images were found
Earlier today, Disney Store launched its largest shopping experience to date in the Lujiazui area of Pudong, Shanghai, China. In addition to over 9,000 square feet of immersive shopping experiences, the store also includes and outdoor plaza. The opening comes one day after the topping of the Enchanted Storybook Castle at Shanghai Disney Resort, which will open in 2016.
The Chinese characters representing the specific date and time chosen to open its doors to the public — May 20 at 1:14 pm (???????) — represents highly popular social media code among young people as a time to openly express love and long-term commitment to each other.
no images were found
The interior of the Shanghai store was designed using Disney’s award-winning, innovative format, featuring elements unique to the area that will surprise and delight guests and bring to life the most popular characters from across Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars.
The store has numerous design features unique to Shanghai which include:
- A Disney Magic Kingdom Castle, measuring 19 feet high at the heart of the store, featuring an hourly musical and projection show
- A one-of-a-kind Marvel area complete with hand-sculpted statues of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and an 8-foot-tall Hulk
- Unique Mickey Mouse-shaped roof sculpted with over 8,000 LED lights visible from key tourism vantage points such as the Pearl Tower
- One-of-a-kind sculpted hot air balloons featuring Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Daisy, Donald, Pluto, and Chip and Dale
- A landscaped plaza
Key features of the Disney Store Shanghai include:
- Disney characters hidden in the 12-foot tree landscape
- A Disney Portal Gateway area featuring an impressive gateway inspired by Pixar’s Monster’s University featuring all the latest in Disney entertainment
- A crystal chandelier in the young-adult-female area where Tinker Bell can be found sprinkling her Pixie Dust
- A Magical Mirror which entertains guests who stand in front of it
To mark the opening of its first Store in the country, The Walt Disney Company in China has announced a $100,000 charitable donation to the Shanghai Charity Foundation (Pudong Chapter) to support programs that benefit kids and families in the Pudong District, where the Store is located.