‘The Last Song’ with Exclusive Alternate Opening Available on Disney Blu-ray/DVD August 17
The Last Song, a coming of age love story, from bestselling novelist and screenwriter Nicholas Sparks (Dear John and The Notebook) comes to Blu-ray Hi-Def Combo Pack and DVD editions on August 17, 2010 from Touchstone Home Entertainment. Bonus features include filmmaker commentary, making of the Miley Cyrus music video “When I Look At You,” deleted scenes, set tour and alternate opening sequence.
Miley Cyrus (“Hannah Montana,” Hannah Montana: The Movie) and Greg Kinnear (Oscar® nominee, Best Actor in a Supporting Role, As Good As It Gets, 1997, Little Miss Sunshine, You’ve Got Mail) star as an estranged father and daughter in this year’s most heartwarming love story. Bobby Coleman (Take, Martian Child), Liam Hemsworth (Knowing), Hallock Beals, Kelly Preston (Jerry Maguire, The Cat in the Hat), Stephanie Leigh and Nick Searcy (Castaway, The Ugly Truth) round out the cast. Directed by Julie Ann Robinson (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “Big Love”), The Last Song is set in a small Southern beach town where father and daughter reconnect with the help of their shared love for music. The journey is complete with discoveries of friendship, first love and second chances.
Bonus Features for The Last Song:
- Set Tour with Bobby Coleman – Audiences will have an all access pass to see how a film is made through the eyes of the new up-and comer and star of The Last Song, Bobby Coleman. This rambunctious eight-year old will bring his fans along as he does everything from interview Adam Shankman and Miley’s security team, to going on a seashell scavenger hunt.
- Making of the Music Video, “When I Look At You” with Miley Cyrus – Go behind-the-scenes of the music video, “When I Look At You”. It will feature recording studio footage, b-roll from the set, interviews with Miley and crew, clips from the film and music video. Audiences will learn how the film’s motif, southern summer romance, is incorporated into feel and theme of the music video.
- Miley Cyrus Music Video: “When I Look At You”
Blu-Ray Exclusive Features:
- Alternate Opening Sequence: The Church Fire (with optional commentary by director)
- Deleted Scenes (with optional commentary by director)
o Ronnie At The Piano
o Steve & Ronnie At The Beach
o Hospital Montage
o Vegan Cookies
o Juggling On The Pier
- Audio Commentary– with Director Julie Anne Robinson and Co-Producer Jennifer Gibgot.
The Last Song has a suggested retail price of $39.99 (US) and $44.99 (Canada) for Blu-ray & DVD Combo Pack, $29.99 (US) and $35.99 (Canada) for 1-Disc DVD and is now available for pre-order on Amazon.com.