As we previously announced, you can bring home the ‘#1 animated film of the year,’ Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story 3 on Disney Blu-ray and DVD on November 2, 2010. This is confirmed by Amazon.com which now lists the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy (not displayed here), Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack and DVD editions available for pre-order. Each of the Blu-ray sets consists of two Blu-ray discs.
Although it’s not listed as of yet, we do anticipate at least one more edition of the film to become available, that of the BD 3D/Blu-ray/DVD combo pack, but that one is curiously missing at this time. Reportedly there will be no 3D Blu-ray edition of the film as previously announced.
The listed bonus features for the Toy Story 3 releases include:
- Teaser (HD) Cars 2 early sneak peak
- Day And Night theatrical short
- Bonus: The Gang’s All Here, Toys! Epilogue
- Buzz Lightyear Mission Logs: The Science Of Adventure (conj with NASA)
- Paths To Pixar: Editorial
- Studio Stories: Where’s Gordon, Cereal Bar, Clean Start
- A Toy’s Eye View: Creating A Whole New Land
- Alex Syntek
BD (same as above, plus)
- Cine-explore by director Lee Unkrich and producer Darla Anderson
- Beyond The Toybox – Commentary track
- Beginnings with Michael Arndt
- Bonnie’s Playtime – A story roundtable
- Roundin’ Up A Western Opening
- Goodbye Andy
- The Accidental Toymakers Of Pixar
- Life Of A Short
- Making of Day And Night
- Ken’s dating tips, Lotso commercials
- “Dancing With The Stars” at Pixar
- Trailers and more
- Game: Toy Story Trivia Dash
- Alex Syntek music video
On a completely unrelated note, Amazon.com is now also accepting pre-orders for Fisher-Price’s Dance Star Mickey which will be released on October 5, 2010. Despite a hefty price tag, we believe Dance Star Mickey is destined to be one of the hottest toys this holiday season. His immense appeal will be bolstered by an intense marketing campaign which we are told will even have tie-ins to ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, so this is your ground opportunity to ensure you get one at the proper price. We couldn’t help but notice that simply tweeting his availability just a couple of days ago resulted in several immediate sales and mentions on other websites.
You can see our coverage of the product’s launch earlier this year with Donny Osmond here.