ORLANDO, FL – (July 16, 2009) – Planners looking for ways to meet responsibly, reduce costs and still enjoy exceptional service at an award-winning hotel have three new reasons to book Loews Portofino Bay Hotel at Universal Orlando. The new Loews ‘Flexible Meetings’ program combines great rates and added value. In addition, the hotel has just put the finishing touches on the renovation of all 42,000 square feet of its indoor meeting and function space, featuring new carpeting, window treatments and wall coverings. As part of the renovation, the hotel has installed new energy-efficient LED lighting in all pre-function areas, which expands its ‘green’ program.
With Loews Hotels’ “Flexible Meetings” program, meeting planners receive 10 percent of the total room revenue in added value that can be applied toward the following options:
Fixed Value Offers
• $500 in audio visual which may be used for up to 20% of the total AV bill
• $50 spa credits that may be used against a spa treatment (only one credit per treatment)
• $500 Business Center credits (up to 2 credits allowed to be purchased)
• Meetings Internet package — 2 T-1 lines with install and set–up included
• Airport transports, town car pick up or drop off at airport
• $25 food and beverage credit per stay (per attendee)
• $50 food and beverage credit per stay (per attendee)
Per Night Offers
• In-guest room internet
• VIP amenities
• Suite upgrade to one bedroom, Junior or Presidential suite
• Staff office food set-up with stocked refrigerator and snacks
• Resort fee (where applicable)
• Fitness center usage
• Turndown service
Food & Beverage Offers
• Upgrade to full American breakfast buffet or power breakfast in meeting room from a continental breakfast
• Upgrade lunch or dinner to uniquely local dining experience featuring regional specialties
• Add Loews Hotels signature color break
• Add a one-hour Loews Hotels signature cocktail reception
In addition to this cost-saving meetings offer, Loews Portofino Bay Hotel continues to expand its energy-saving program. As a certified member of the Florida Green Lodging program, the hotel has equipment and practices in place that reduce waste, conserve natural resources and prevent pollution. The new LED lighting in all pre-function areas uses less energy, lasts 50 times longer than incandescent bulbs and is completely non-toxic because it contains no traces of mercury.
“When people come together and meet face to face, ideas are generated, deals get done and companies benefit in profound ways,” says General Manager Paul Leclerc. “This enhancement to our meeting and function space shows our commitment to keeping our hotel at the forefront of the meetings industry, which is an economic engine for our country.”
From ‘green’ practices to hues of green, the hotel’s meeting and function space looks better than ever. “We drew our inspiration from Old World Italian fabric and area rug patterns when we selected a palette of celadon, dark green and rich gold for the new carpeting,” says Karen Daroff, president of Daroff Design. “New window treatment sheers enhance the highly decorative over draperies, yet allow natural light into the ballrooms.”
A spiral staircase or escalators provide entrance to the hotel’s meeting and ballroom level, featuring the 15,000 square foot Tuscan ballroom with 27-foot ceilings and fixtures reminiscent of Tuscany’s ornate metal work and the 7,670 square foot Venetian ballroom, designed to capture the ambiance of Venice. Both ballrooms, when used in their entirety, feature windows along one wall. Handcrafted details such as Murano glass chandeliers, as well as contemporary conveniences, provide an exceptional setting for both business and social events. Loews Portofino Bay Hotel features 750 guest rooms and suites and has been recognized as one of the top meeting hotels in the U.S.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels owns and/or operates 17 hotels and resorts in the U.S. and Canada. Located in major city centers and resort destinations from coast to coast, the Loews portfolio features one-of-a-kind properties that go beyond Four Diamond standards to delight guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local and vibrant travel experience. Loews boasts some of the industry’s most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road. For reservations or more information on Loews Hotels, call 1-800-23-LOEWS or check www.loewshotels.com.