‘Winnie the Pooh’ Bounces Home on Disney Blu-ray October 25
The highly acclaimed film, which is now available for pre-order from Amazon.com, is a completely original film which represents the return to the Hundred Acre Wood by Walt Disney Animation Studios in over three decades. Inspired by five stories by original Pooh creator and author A.A. Milne, Owl sends the whole gang – Pooh, Tigger, Rabbit, Piglet, Kanga, and Roo – on a wild journey to help Eeyore and save Christopher Robin from the mysterious Backson all the while trying to find a suitable replacement for Eeyore’s missing tail. In the end, it turns out to be a very busy day for a bear who simply set out to find some ‘hunny.’
Winnie the Pooh stars the voice talents of Jim Cummings (Pooh/Tigger), Craig Ferguson (Owl), Tom Kenny (Rabbit), Travis Oates (Piglet), Bud Luckey (Eeyore), is directed by Stephen J. Anderson and Don Hall and features all new music composed by Henry Jackman with lyrics by Robert and Kristen Lopez along with a whole new take on the classic theme by Zooey Deschanel.
BONUS FEATURES (DVD EDITION):
- Deleted scenes introduced by directors, Stephen Anderson and Don Hall – 3 deleted scenes including “The Tummy Song,” “”Rabbit?s Friends and Relations” and “Pooh Searches for a Tail”
Movie Download Bonus
- ‘Mini-Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: The Balloon’ – In this charming short, Pooh comes up with a daring plan to get a hold of some honey by fooling a group of bees.
- The Ballad Of Nessie - The animated short film included in the theatrical release is the heartwarming tale of how Nessie found her new home in the Loch Ness.
- Your perfect Winnie the Pooh nursery
BONUS FEATURES (BLU-RAY EDITION):
- All of the above plus
- 2 Blu-ray Exclusive Deleted scenes with introduction by directors Stephen Anderson and Don Hall – ‘Original Eeyore Intro’ and ‘Original Tigger Intro’
- Winnie the Pooh and His Story Too – A fun and informative behind-the-scenes look at the film, designed for the whole family. Hosted by John Cleese (narrator of the film), and with occasional help from Pooh himself, this featurette explores Winnie the Pooh?s history from his beginnings as a character in a book, to his continued life in the movies. The filmmakers reveal how they worked to keep the look of the characters and settings in this movie consistent with their first appearances on-screen in 1966. Pooh, being a bear of very little mind, finds much of this confusing, but the Narrator and the filmmakers make it all clear to Pooh — and you!
- Sing along with the movie – Follow the red balloon and changing word colors to seven song lyrics featured in the film.
- Disney song selection – “Winnie the Pooh Theme Song,” “The Tummy Song, “A Very Important Thing To Do,” “The Backson Song,” “It?s Gonna Be Great,” “Everything is Honey” and “The Winner Song Finale”
UPDATE #1: 9/9/11 – Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has confirmed our report. Details on bonus features have been added/clarified