UPDATE: Stan Lee’s Zodiac is now available as a pre-order for Amazon Kindle with a release date of January 27, 2015
This is the tagline found on a recently launched website (using the Tumblr platform) at DisneyZodiac.com.
The site, which also features some sample artwork, promotes ‘Zodiac,’ a new project from comics legend and pop culture icon Stan Lee and writer Stuart Moore with art by Andie Tong.
Little is revealed about the project at this time, but the images of text that have been shared appear to feature an animated GIF cycling through the twelve animals of the Chinese zodiac such as this one. Also each of the three shared panels appear to have a Chinese character featured in the lower corner of each page as well (example).
The largest clues come from the ‘What is Zodiac?’ about page and features the text below:
- Are you running for your life, hiding from a group of mercenaries, including a guy who can fly, breathe fire, and read people’s minds?
- Are your new friends, who saved you from that guy (above), possibly even more dangerous and definitely hiding something?
- Are you suddenly able to punch through walls?
- Are you pretty sure that somehow this is all your parents’ fault?
- Are you also pretty sure that your parents are trying to take over the world?
If you’ve answered “yes” to any of these questions, keep on running. And welcome to Zodiac.
UPDATE: Disney has confirmed our report, issuing a formal press release. The official description of the title is as follows:
Zodiac is an action-packed illustrated novel that follows Steven Lee, a young Chinese-American teen who is drawn into a mysterious conspiracy surrounding twelve mystical pools of energy and a power-hungry secret organization. When he and other randomly chosen teens around the world are suddenly gifted with magical powers, they’ll have to find each other and learn how to handle fantastic abilities and responsibilities. Their greatest hopes and deepest fears will be brought to light by the powers of the zodiac!
In addition to the Amazon Kindle edition which is now available for pre-order, Zodiac will be published as a hardcover edition on January 27, 2015.