Enjoy this article? You may also be interested in these related items from our partners
Beginning June 1, 2009, Hanes, the official apparel of the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, invites you to enter to win the reunion vacation of a lifetime at the Walt Disney World resort.
One vacation per week will be awarded for a total of sixteen vacations. Each 5 day/4 night celebration-themed vacation for four persons includes:
* Roundtrip coach-class airfare for winner and three (3) guests between the US major airport closest to winner’s residence (determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) and Orlando International Airport;
* Ground transfers between the Orlando International Airport and the Walt Disney World® Resort for four (4) people;
* One (1) standard room quadruple occupancy at a moderate Walt Disney World® Resort hotel (selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) for four (4) nights;
* Twenty (20) 1-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper® Option;
* Complimentary use of transportation within the Walt Disney World® Resort;
* Four (4) Hanes t-shirts from the Disney Design-A-Tee Store;
* Room décor themed to the celebration;
* Four (4) create-your-own custom Mickey Mouse Ear hats, including exclusive sweepstakes winner patch to place on hats;
* One (1) Disney’s PhotoPass® CD and Album;
* Winner selection of one of the following experiences:
o Birthday Package: Disney character dinner experience for four (4) people
o First Visit Package: Disney character dinner experience for four (4) people
o Accomplishment Package: Dinner at select EPCOT® restaurant with VIP viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth for four (4) people
o True Love Package: Dinner for two and four hours of babysitting services for up to two (2) children (if necessary).
Total Approximate Retail Value of each package is $4,688.
In addition, one grand prize winner will receive a 5 day/4 night reunion-themed celebration vacation at Walt Disney World® Resort for twenty (20) persons. The reunion vacation includes:
* Roundtrip coach-class airfare for winner and nineteen (19) guests between major airports closest to winner’s residence and the residences of the winner’s guests (determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) and Orlando International Airport
* Ground transfers between the Orlando International Airport and the Walt Disney World® Resort for twenty (20) people
* Five (5) standard rooms with a maximum of four (4) persons per room at a moderate Walt Disney World® Resort hotel (selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) for four (4) nights
* One hundred (100) 1-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper® Option; Complimentary use of transportation within the Walt Disney World® Resort
* Twenty (20) Hanes t-shirts from the Disney Design-A-Tee Store
* Five (5) customized Disney gift baskets – one per room
* Twenty (20) create-your-own custom Mickey Mouse Ear hats, including exclusive sweepstakes winner patch to place on hats
* One (1) Disney Gift Card with a value of $1,000 USD
Total Approximate Retail Value of Grand Prize is $21,790
For full contest rules or to enter and to design your own virtual t-shirt today, visit http://www.celebrateincomfort.com
Disney Channel has ordered a second season of “Sonny With A Chance,” TV’s #1 program for Kids 6-11 and#1 scripted program for Tweens 9-14, it was announced today by Gary Marsh, president, Entertainment, Disney Channels Worldwide. The series, which premiered in February, stars Demi Lovato, Tiffany Thornton, Sterling Knight, Brandon Mychal Smith, Doug Brochu and Allisyn Ashley Arm. It was created by Steve Marmel, who executive-produces along with Michael Feldman, Brian Robbins and Sharla Sumpter Bridgett.
Marsh said: “’Sonny’ was a hit right out of the gate, thanks in no small part to the stratospheric trajectory of our newest star, Demi Lovato. She and the entire talented cast, along with our gifted writing and producing teams, have turned ‘Sonny With A Chance’ into ‘destination television’ for kids everywhere. We thrilled with the direction this first season has taken, and look forward to tapping further into its comedic potential, adding music and more, in Season Two.”
Jeffrey Hornaday, a renowned choreographer (“Flashdance,” “A Chorus Line”) and director (“Shout”), will helm “High School Musical East Meets West,” the fourth movie in the franchise that is a cultural sensation around the world. The announcement was made today by Gary Marsh, president, Entertainment, Disney Channels Worldwide. The Disney Channel Original Movie, written by Peter Barsocchini, is scheduled to debut in 2010.
Casting is underway for the fourth story of the celebrated “High School Musical” franchise, a classic story set against the cross-town school rivalry between the East High Wildcats and West High Knights.
As we mentioned last month, D23 is offering its members a chance to win a 3 day/2 night stay at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas for two which includes attending a performance of the Lion King musical, admission to the resort’s Shark Reef aquarium and a $100 discount on a resort cabana rental. The vacation must take place by September 30, 2009.
To enter, all you need to do is write a 300 word or less essay on why you love the Lion King. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm on June 15, 2009 and the winner will be notified by July 1.
For the full list of official rules and to enter the contest, click here.
Beginning June 1, membership gift cards for D23 are available for purchase at Disney Stores in the United States, the New York City World of Disney location on Fifth Avenue as well as select locations at both the Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts.
At the Disneyland resort, membership gift cards can be purchased at the Disneyana Shop at Disneyland, Off the Page at Disney’s California Adventure and the World of Disney at Downtown Disney.
At the Walt Disney World Resort, they can be purchased at Main Street Gallery at the Magic Kingdom, at Art of Disney at Epcot, at Art of Animation and Sid Cahuenga’s One-of-a-Kind at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, at Disney Outfitters at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, at World of Disney and Art of Disney at Downtown Disney and at Fantasia (Contemporary Resort) at Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Gift Shop.
The card is available at the standard rate of membership, $74.99 plus tax.
In addition to 29 brand new episodes for its third season, today Disney Channel announced a new short-form series and two primetime specials. “Handy Manny’s School for Tools,” 20 animated shorts, will begin production this year for a 2010 premiere. In Fall 2009, Disney Channel will present the first of two primetime specials, “Handy Manny’s Motorcycle Adventure,” which takes viewers along on Manny’s exciting and unexpected road trip to his family reunion. The special features four new songs including “Rolling” performed by renowned East Los Angeles rockers Los Lobos. The second primetime special will debut in 2010. The daily series will also introduce 10 new tools: a jackhammer, a power screwdriver, a power socket wrench, a shop vac, a pair of needle nose pliers, a deluxe tool box, a laser level and a trio of crescent wrenches.
Caught this on the television as I was fast forwarding through the commercials. For your entertainment:
'Adventure is Out There' by Eric Tan
Sanders Art Studio is proud to offer eight new limited edition pieces of concept and promotional art from the Disney/Pixar film UP. Complete with certificate of authenticity, each print comes on acid-free archival paper.
The posters are as follows:
“I Can Speak” Promotional Art by Eric Tan from Disney/Pixar’s UP – Giclee Print (Paper)
“Wilderness Must Be Explored” Promotional Art by Eric Tan from Disney/Pixar’s UP – Giclee Print (Paper)
“Beware of Dogs” Promotional Art by Eric Tan from Disney/Pixar’s UP – Giclee Print (Paper)
“Adventure Is Out There” Promotional Art by Eric Tan from Disney/Pixar’s UP – Giclee Print (Paper)
“Visit the Tepui” Promotional Art by Eric Tan from Disney/Pixar’s UP – Giclee Print (Paper)
“Discover A Lost World” Concept Art from the production of Disney/Pixar’s UP.
“Adrift In The Clouds” Concept Art from the production of Disney/Pixar’s UP.
“Paradise Falls” Concept Art from the production of Disney/Pixar’s UP.
Better late than never, eh? This weekend’s guests include Peter Mayhew and Matthew Wood in addition to hosts Jay Laga’aia and Ashley Eckstein.
Star Wars Weekends Map and Schedule May 29-31
In addition, StarWars.com has prepared a video blog highlighting the events of the first weekend. Good introduction to SWW in general.
On May 29, 2009, the folks at Pixar had the distinct honor and pleasure of ringing the closing bell on the New York Stock Exchange in honor of the opening day of UP live from their campus in Emeryville, CA. Enjoy.
Updated to higher quality video
Video courtesy of the New York Stock Exhange.