Attached to UP, the teaser trailer to Toy Story 3 has been released. Unfortunately, this version is in 2D. Enjoy.
1) The attraction features 10 aquariums, totalling nearly 250,000 gallons of water. Special features include a pop-up aquarium where smaller guests can ‘pop up’ in the middle and surround themselves with the tank’s inhabitants and a 220 square foot overhead viewing panel. That panel alone weighs almost 16,000 pounds (8 tons) and is the largest of its kind ever produced by the manufacturer, Nippura. The salt-water habitats at the attraction consist of 71,000 pounds of salt.
2) More than 3,000 animals are on display at the attraction, including a giant Pacific octopus. There are 300 rays in the all-around-you aquarium, comprised of eight separate species of ray: cownose, spotted eagle, roughtail, southern, shark ray, giant guitarfish, white blotched river ray and (of course) Manta. In the wild, there are more than 400 species to be found in both saltwater and freshwater. A group of rays is known as a ‘fever.’ Most give live birth to litters of anywhere between five and fifteen rays. Now that’s a fever!
3) Manta, a spinning, flying roller coaster, features four showcase inversions: two in-line spins, one flat spin and one pretzel loop
4) Specially crafted rails make Manta one of the world’s smoothest coasters
5) In a sure-to-be-remembered moment, Manta’s speeding train and guests in the queue line are separated only by a waterfall — Manta on one side, and waiting guests on the other. In line, visitors will feel the punch of air as the train flies past at highway speeds. On the ride, guests will gasp as they dart within 2.5 feet of the gushing water.
6) Approaching the end of the ride, but with a few twists and spins still to be had, Manta’s train seems to skim the surface of the lagoon, throwing out a 14-foot high, 60-foot long spray of water.
7) Manta’s loading platform was designed to hide the boarding process from riders. SeaWorld’s experts wanted the head-first, face-down launch to be a surprise. (Surprise!)
8 ) Manta by the numbers: Vehicle Wing Span – 12 feet; Length of train – 72 feet, 2 inches; Weight per train (empty) – 33,100 pounds; Wiring per train: 2,524 feet; Track length – 3,350 feet; Weight of steel used: 2,772,600 pounds; Number of bolts used – 12,186; Maximum height – 140 feet; Maximum drop – 113 feet; Top Speed – 56 miles per hour; Height requirement – 54 inches.
9) Manta’s design is so efficient, the first drop provides all the power the flying cloaster needs to speed for the rest of the ride, inversions and all. In fact, if the track were flat after the drop, the train could coast for nearly two miles.
10) The coaster was designed by Bolliger & Mabillard (B&M) in Switzerland, designers of Kraken, Sheikra, Montu, Kumba, Griffon and more. According to a recent poll from Amusement Today, B&M is responsible for four of the top ten steel coasters and twenty out of the top fifty.
Information courtesy of SeaWorld.
ROCHESTER, N.Y., May 29 — Princes and princesses have a new way to get friends and family to help capture spontaneous shots of their wedding: the new, exclusive single-use Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings Camera by Kodak! That’s right; couples tying the knot have an exciting new option. This elegant new camera gives wedding guests a unique way to capture high-quality images of the big day. Couples who want to be among the first to purchase the new cameras for their weddings or rehearsal dinners can visit http://www.disneyweddings.com starting today.
While the event has already taken place, we hope to provide you with video and more coverage soon. Keep checking http://stitchkingdom.com/tag/nyse for more coverage of this historic event. (Video has been posted here)
While the New York Times may continue to report on their financial bleak outlook for Disney with an apparent shortage of toys inspired by UP or the Jonas Brothers in.. well, whatever they do, it appears Pixar may get the last laugh – or at least the last bell.
Regardless of how Disney’s stock performs, the entire New York Stock Exchange is going UP. On Friday, May 29, at at 4:00 PM EST, Pete Docter (Director, co-writer), Jonas Rivera (producer) and Bob Petersen (co-writer, voice of Dug, et al) will ring the closing bell from the company’s studios in Emeryville, CA via remote.
The event will be streamed live at http://www.nyse.com beginning at 3:59 PM EST.
Note to future American Idol prospects: notoriously harsh and brutally honest judge Simon Cowell is unabashedly a Disney fan. Although he has spoken on his affinity for the classic animated films before, such as in this article on DeanPiper.com, he held nothing back after this performance by 12 year old Callum Francis on the 4th semi-final of Britan’s Got Talent (yes, that Susan Boyle show).
Barely dressed as Mowgli, Francis performed a medley of the Bare Necessities and I Wan’na Be Like You. What caught my attention, however, was the appearance of the songs’ actual performers, which appears to have been courtesy of Disneyland Paris (or so I’m assuming).
In critiquing the performance, Cowell pulled no punches, immediately responding with, ‘All my life, I’ve wanted to meet Baloo the Bear. Seriously, it’s one of my favorite films of all time, it really is. I love the film.’ He then followed with actually acknowledging the performance.
Francis didn’t make it beyond this round, however, but here’s the performance and the judges’ reactions:
Ever wish you could rock out like some of your favorite Disney Channel stars or become a huge singing sensation on your own Disney Record label? Now you can! From the moment you step into our Studio Disney 365 “sound stage” you will see lights, cameras, and a lot of action! Our talent agents and stylists will help our “stars of tomorrow” undergo a complete transformation getting camera-ready to walk the carpet, preparing them for their grand entrance onto the set. Studio Disney 365 is the place to be with so much to do and so much to see! Studio Disney 365 opens June 26, 2009 in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort.
Choose from our Studio Star Makeover Packages:
(All packages include a Talent Contract, Choice of Hair Makeover, Complete Cosmetic Makeover, Deluxe Make-up Case, a Downloadable Image JPEG., Customized Lanyard with Photo and a Photo Shoot.)
Start the slideshow via the link or click on individual images below to see pricing and package details
You are wanted on the set! Get ready for action as you take center stage dressed from head to toe in today’s fashions. Purchase a wardrobe package and save up to $10* (Wardrobe packages start at $81, plus tax). Get ready for your close up, with so many options to choose from, you will definitely be a hit.
Start the slideshow via the link or click on individual images below to see pricing and wardrobe details
*Savings based on total retail price of individual items within the wardrobe package. Wardrobe package price may vary based on style, size and price of apparel and accessories. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.
Make your appointment today and enjoy your 15 minutes of fame. Advance reservations are recommended, call 714-781-Style (714-781-7895).
Studio Star makeovers are designed for children ages three and older and must be accompanied by an adult age 18 years or older. Reservations are strongly recommended and can be made up to 60 days prior to arrival. Please notify us of any cancellations at least 48 hours prior to your appointment. All package and information subject to change without notice. Merchandise selections and sizes may vary. © Disney
BURBANK, Calif. — From sold out shows to the big and small screens, the Jonas Brothers will take over the video game world as well this holiday. Disney Interactive Studios today announced the development of JONAS for Nintendo DS. The game allows players to take on the role of three superstar brothers – Nick, Joe and Kevin Lucas in outrageous adventures from the Disney Channel comedy series “JONAS.” Players help the JONAS band members juggle concerts, school, friends and fans to find the balance between their rock star world and ordinary lives.
Read our review of Pixar’s tenth film here.
Scheduled to open in late September, here’s a couple of photos courtesy of Disney that show the interior of the 2-bedroom equivalent units. The DVC units will also be available for overnight guests to rent, pending availability.
And finally, an interior shot of one of the studios:
BURBANK, Calif. — Live to tell the tale of becoming a notorious pirate captain or suffer a fate of eternal damnation. Disney Interactive Studios today announced the development of Pirates of the Caribbean: Armada of the Damned, an epic, action role-playing game (RPG) from Propaganda Games, Disney’s video game development studio in Vancouver, British Columbia.