Disney has just treated us to some newly released concept art from the upcoming production of Rapunzel (Holiday 2010). While smaller images have surfaced on the net recently, these are the full-sized images showing every splendid detail of the amazing art behind the film.
The entire gallery of concept art is below. As usual, click on each thumbnail to see a larger version. Click on the resizing arrows in the lower right hand corner (if visible) to see the image’s original size.
Walt Disney Pictures presents RAPUNZEL, an action-packed, swashbuckling, animated musical comedy about the girl behind 70 feet of magical, golden hair. A princess stolen from her parents’ castle as a baby, Rapunzel is locked in a hidden tower longing for adventure. Now an imaginative and determined teenager, she takes off on a hilarious, hair-raising escapade with the help of a dashing bandit. With the secret of her royal heritage hanging in the balance and her captor in pursuit, Rapunzel and her cohort find adventure, heart, humor, and hair… lots of hair. With music by Alan Menken, this comedic re-imagining of the classic Brothers Grimm fairytale comes to theaters during the 2010 holiday season.
The colorful new Lucky Fortune Cookery, debuting Friday, Sept. 4, 2009, is the newest addition to the variety of dining options at Disney’s California Adventure park. Located in the Pacific Wharf section of the park, Lucky Fortune Cookery offers guests the opportunity to create their own Asian Rice Bowl meals and enjoy them in an outdoor plaza.
* Lucky Fortune Cookery can be found in the location previously occupied by Cocina Cucamonga, which has relocated directly across the Pacific Wharf outdoor dining plaza
* The quick-service restaurant features colorful décor, paper lanterns, oversized pots filled with bamboo and iconic dragon designs.
* Guests are served at the quick-service windows of Lucky Fortune Cookery and they dine at tables under festive umbrellas in the outdoor plaza at Pacific Wharf. The environment allows for a pleasant and flavorful break in the day at Disneyland Resort.
* The Menu: Customized Asian Rice Bowls are the specialty of Lucky Fortune Cookery. It starts with a bowl of steamed white and brown rice and seared Asian vegetables. Guests select chicken, beef or tofu, plus a sauce of their choice: Mandarin orange, spicy Korean, Thai green curry or teriyaki.
* The spicy Korean sauce is actually based on an old family recipe provided by Gloria Tae, chef de cuisine at the award-winning Napa Rose restaurant in Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. All the sauce options were researched and taste-tested by Disney chefs as well as by cast members from diverse cultural backgrounds so that the final products would appeal to the broad variety of guests dining at Lucky Fortune Cookery.
* The Price: Each customized Asian Rice Bowl, regardless of ingredients, will cost $9.49. A kid’s meal of teriyaki chicken and rice, including fruit cup and choice of beverage, is available for guests age 9 and under for $6.49.
WALTHAM, Mass., Sept. 3, 2009 /PRNewswire/ — Raytheon Company (NYSE:RTN) is providing one lucky middle school student with the opportunity to attend the opening of a new interactive, math-based experience called “Sum of all Thrills.”
Set to open in October 2009, the “Sum of all Thrills” exhibit is located at INNOVENTIONS at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. It will engage children through a fun and educational experience and will help instill in them a lifelong passion for math, science, and technology.
The sweepstakes, which will run through Sept. 15, 2009 on MathMovesU.com, is open to children ages 10 to 16. One grand prize is available consisting of a 4-day, 3-night trip for four to Lake Buena Vista, Fla., for the “Sum of all Thrills” ribbon cutting ceremony.
Glendale, CA – September 2, 2009 – Disney today unveiled a first glimpse of how it will influence fashion trends in 2010 with the announcement of a spectacular fashion-driven lifestyle program inspired by its upcoming feature Alice In Wonderland. As part of this phenomenal line, Disney Consumer Products (DCP) announced renowned jewelry designer and Council of Fashion Designers of America winner, Tom Binns, as the first in a cadre of top designers and brands soon to be revealed.
In celebration of the forthcoming collection, DCP tipped its hat to fashion staging an unexpected and most elaborate tea party at the MAGIC Marketplace, the world’s most comprehensive fashion trade event, in Las Vegas this week. Wonderland-influenced performers took the unsuspecting MAGIC crowd by surprise as the maddest of tea parties came alive before their eyes showcasing fashion inspirations similar to those releasing in Spring 2010 in conjunction with the film. Proving that it was not just a figment of their imagination, a viral video of this mad spectacle premiered today for all to view at www.YouTube.com/DisneyLiving, DCP’s official YouTube Channel.
Disney Consumer Products caused a scene — both literally and literally — at the MAGIC fashion trade show in Las Vegas earlier this week as a cirque d’alice sprung up from nowhere, stunning the unwittingly invited guests at the ‘Mad Tea at Three’ event designed to generate buzz over an upcoming line of fashion centered around Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland. At the ‘spontaneous’ display’s climax, banners sprung up out of nowhere asking attendees ‘what who will you wear to the tea party?’ and the catchy-slash-clever play on the popular fashion cliche, ‘Alice is the new black.’
MEXICO CITY — Spanish speaking fans of Club Penguin can now waddle around, interact and play games in the popular, snow-covered virtual world in their own language.
The new Spanish version of the virtual world (www.clubpenguin.com/es) is supported by native Spanish-speaking staff that understands the unique cultural references of the audience and can provide timely and responsive moderation and player support as well as local currency payment options.
Lane Merrifield, one of Club Penguin’s co-founders and executive vice president of Disney Online, was in Mexico City to announce the launch of the virtual world in Spanish.
D23 has announced that it will be offering a companion book to the Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives exhibit at D23 Expo.
Featuring over 70 items that will be on display in the exhibit, the book offers an intimate look at some of the most coveted treasures of the Walt Disney Archives.
The limited edition book will be sold at the exhibit (which first opens Thursday at 12 pm) and comes in either a hardcover ($40, numbered LE first run of 500) and softcover ($25, LE first run of 1000).
Here’s a list of some of the exciting artists and events you’ll find performing on the Disney Dream Stage at the D23 Expo:
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10 Disney Healthy Living Seminar (1:30 PM to 2:30 PM)
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11 Performance Artist Noah (9:00 AM to 11:00 AM) World renowned Artist Noah, known to Disneyphiles for his Disney fine art work will entertain and engage audiences of all ages with a live performance of art creation, in which he will use his unique stylized photorealism technique, as creates a special tribute piece depicting the Sorcerer’s Apprentice, on a 5ft. Vinylmation figure. This one of a kind unique work by the artist, is sure to be the pinnacle of a Disney enthusiasts vinyl collection.
Fashion Show – Disney Couture & Pop Fashion (3:30 PM to 4:00 PM)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 12 Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Transformation (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM) With the help of our Fairy Godmothers-in-training, watch as they perform magical transformations on some of our royal subjects.
Thomas Kinkade Presentation (3:00 PM to 3:30 PM) Join us for a special presentation at the Disney Dream Stage by famed artist and “Painter of Light,”TM Thomas Kinkade as he unveils the fourth installment in the Disney Dreams Collection — what will it be? He’s already captured the stories of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Peter Pan and Tinker Bell! What classic Disney film or story might have captured his artistic imagination now? See this exclusive unveiling, plus hints of his work to capture the essence of Disney’s upcoming Princess and the Frog!
(Hint: Curious to see what Kinkade will be presenting? Look no further!)
Kids Fashion Show (4:00 PM to 4:30 PM)
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13 Collectors Editions Panel Discussion (12:30 PM to 1:30 PM) With Toby Bluth, Trevor Carlton, James Coleman, Harrison Ellenshaw, Noah, Mike Kungl, Tim Rogerson, John Rowe
Studio Disney 365 Transformation (2:30 PM to 4:30 PM) Ever wish you could rock out like some of your favorite TV stars? Watch as our talent agents and stylists perform Studio Star makeovers on some of our stars of tomorrow.
Tom Staggs, senior executive vice president and chief financial officer, The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS), will participate in a question-and-answer session at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2009 Media, Communications and Entertainment Conference on Wednesday, September 9, 2009 at 3:15 p.m. PDT / 6:15 p.m. EDT. To listen to a live Webcast of the session, please point your browser to www.disney.com/investors approximately five minutes prior to the start time. A re-play will be provided through Wednesday, September 23, 2009 at 4:00 p.m. PDT.
- Additional photography/recording restrictions have been laid down. In addition to no photography of the Treasures of the Archives exhibit, all cameras (and perhaps all electronics/bags) must be checked prior to entering the Arena for the Bob Iger presentation, the 2009 Disney Legends Ceremony on Thursday and the Dick Cook presentation on Friday. Additional panels and screenings also specficially prohibit photography. The D23 Expo schedule has been updated to reflect at least some of these changes.
- The Treasures of the Archive Exhibit will have a delayed opening on Thursday only. The exhibit will open at 12 pm, following the Disney Legends Ceremony
- While Nicolas Cage is rumored to appear during Dick Cook’s presentation, the schedule indicates there will be multiple surprise celebrity guests
- Disney Channel starlets Tiffany Thornton (Sonny with a Chance) and Chelsea Staub (JONAS) are scheduled to appear during a VoluntEAR panel on Sunday in Hall B at the Disney Corporate Responsibility pavilion where they will offer a meet & greet
- The schedule has been updated to rename the signing session for Wizards of Waverly Place which takes place at 4 pm on Sunday to simply be for Disney Channel Stars (which implies Tiffany and Chelsea may attend as well)
- The ABC Screening Room has published its schedule for your chance to check out upcoming series on the ABC network. From Friday through Sunday, Eastwick will be shown at 11 am, FlashForward will be shown at 12 pm and 4 pm, The Middle will be shown at 2 pm and Modern Family will be shown at 10 am and 3 pm as well as 1 pm and 2 pm on Thursday. Keep in mind that a half-hour show is about 22 minutes long, so the hour long shows are approximately 44 minutes in length.
- Disney Fine Art by Collectors Editions has announced a daily schedule of its guests and featured artists: Thursday, meet D23 Expo official artist Tim Rogerson, Mike Kupka and Trevor Carlton; Friday, meet artists John Rowe, Noah, Jim Salvati, Allison Lefcort and actress Paige O’Hara (voice of Belle from the Disney classic Beauty and the Beast); Saturday, meet artists James Coleman, Doug Day, Manuel Hernandez and voice actors Eddie Carroll (Jiminy Cricket) and Dick ‘Dickie’ Jones (Pinocchio); Sunday, meet artists Harrison Ellenshaw, David Garibaldi, Mike Kungl and original Tinker Bell reference model Margaret Kerry.
- Finally (if that’s not enough and assuming I don’t remember what I forgot), with two new ships and an expansion at Castaway Cay, Disney Cruise Line has plenty to talk about and they’re not shying away. When DCL President Karl Holz takes the stage early Friday morning for the Disney Cruise Line presentation, amongst all the exciting news, new itineraries and ports of call for 2011 will be announced and will be streamed LIVE on the internet for all to see. You can tune in for the presentation at http://www.disneycruise.com/2011 beginning at 12 PM ET/9 AM PT on Friday, September 11. They’ve even produced a video to promote the event: