Corporate ambition makes for strange bedfellows when a hard-nosed executive talks her overworked assistant into a marriage of convenience in The Proposal, arriving on Blu-ray Hi-Def and DVD on October 20, 2009 from Buena Vista Home Entertainment. A contemporary romantic comedy from director Anne Fletcher (27 Dresses), The Proposal is available in Two-Disc Blu-ray Hi-Def and DVD editions, as well as Single-Disc DVD and Blu-ray editions. Bonus features include filmmaker commentary, bloopers and a hilarious alternate ending. Both Two-Disc DVD and Blu-ray versions also include a Digital Copy of the movie that can be viewed on an array of electronic devices.
With less than a month to go before the D23 Expo, the good folks at Disney and D23 are scrambling to dot all the t’s and cross all the i’s and get this information out so that we’re all best prepared before we step foot onto the floor of the Anaheim Convention Center.
Many of the news items we have already shared with you. From the ABC panel hosted by Tom Bergeron to the Live Auction details and lots and performance by artist David Garibaldi to the Wizards of Waverly Place event and more.
Now we’d like to share some additional, smaller (but just as important) news items that we’ve been tweeting about (and even some new information) that don’t quite require their own article.
- Attendees will have the option of purchasing Twilight Tickets. Although prices haven’t been cited, the regular price for the Twilight Ticket is $46. The ticket allows you entry into one of the Disneyland Resort parks after 4 PM. Attendees will also have the ability to purchase single day park hoppers as well. Both kinds of tickets will be sold at the Disneyland kiosk.
- Stage 23 will be cleared out between each presentation so there is no squatting allowed
- Disney will be operating a canned food drive to benefit The Orange County Food Bank, so donations are encouraged
- The wristband you get from entering the D23 Expo is your ticket to dozens of additional discounts throughout the Orange County area. See here for details.
And now for some new tidbits…
- KFSN-TV, ABC 30 in Fresno will bring a mobile news unit inside D23 Expo to demonstrate the technology used today to be able to report news from virtually anywhere
- You’ll get first looks at Toy Story Midway Mania for the Nintendo Wii with game stations set up so you can play the game before its release. You’ll also get to look at some of the innovations from the Toy-morrow group including the Ultimate Buzz Lightyear (which you can also preview online here).
- Speaking of TSMM, 3D is all the rage and will not be neglected at the Expo either. On display will be the 3D camera used to produce all of the 3D presentations from the Disney Parks along with a top of the line 3D camera used in motion pictures today. You’ll also get sneak peeks at upcoming 3D projects from Walt Disney Studios.
From paintings to props to once-in-a-lifetime experiences, now’s your chance to check out some of the items up for auction at D23 Expo’s Live Auction taking place Saturday, September 12 in the Arena.
Don’t forget, you will need to purchase an auctioneer’s package for the right to participate in bidding on the items in addition to D23 Expo admission.
Details have been released on the Disney pins that will be released at the first annual Disney D23 Expo in Anaheim, California from September 9 – 13, including D23 members only charter year exclusive pins.
The pins will be available for purchase in the Disney Dream Store located in Exhibit Hall C.
To see a larger version of each pin, click on the thumbnail. To see all of the pins being released at D23 Expo, click here.
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., August 14, 2009 – Entrepreneur Magazine’s August issue names Orlando as one of the “Top 10 Best Cities to Start a Business” and gives kudos to the Disney Entrepreneur Center for its efforts in mentoring small-business owners and directing them to the right resources.
“We are unbelievably fortunate to have community leadership that is creative, open to partnerships, and willing to give a new idea or a new business an opportunity,” says Jerry Ross, executive director of the Disney Entrepreneur Center.
Founded in 2003, the Disney Entrepreneur Center is a one-of-a-kind resource available to any small business in Central Florida and provides access to a variety of business resources, technology, research tools and support organizations. Since its inception, the center has facilitated $125,000,000 in small business loans, coached and trained 70,000 businesses and assisted with 700 new business start-ups.
According to Ross, the secret to growth isn’t in luring companies from out of state but is taking care to cultivate what you already have through “economic gardening.”
To learn more about the Disney Entrepreneur Center, visit http://www.disneyec.com.
It is the classic game of LIFE with a chilling spin. Welcome to the After-LIFE incorporates the stories, mythology, history and the scary fun of the Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disneyland Paris Haunted Mansion attraction (known as Phantom Manor in Paris) to create an otherworldly game play experience.
If you’ve played THE GAME OF LIFE, then you’re in for a real treat (and a few tricks!) It’s all here from the game you know, but re-imagined to take place on the grounds of Master Gracey’s vast, decrepit, and mostly haunted estate. You may encounter the “soul” mortal — the Grounds Keeper and his dog — as you travel through the After-LIFE. There will be trials and tribulations as you, kind spirit, encounter a hitch-hiking ghost or three, all the while trying to accumulate the most screams along the way. If you are the spirit to arrive at the FINAL RESTING PLACE with the most accumulated screams you will be welcomed as the 1,000 ghost at the Haunted Mansion.
On Friday, August 21, you can meet board game artists Quynh Kimball, Garret Webb & Derek Lesinski at Once Upon a Toy in the Downtown Disney Marketplace as they celebrate the launch of the newest member of the Disney-branded classic board games, available only at the theme parks. Times for the event are 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Don’t forget your death certificate!
Spook-tacular facts about The Game of Life: Haunted Mansion, Welcome to the After-Life Edition
- The game board centers on extending the stories of the four stretch paintings found within the Haunted Mansion.
- Elements from inside and outside the Mansions tucked with in the game board. Can you find the musical instruments? “Tomb Sweet Tomb”? Transformation paintings? Tombstones? Busts from the library, the pet cemetery, the ghosts and ghouls, the five roses?
- The buildings include the Haunted Mansion from Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disneyland Paris (aka Phantom Manor), a crypt, a carriage house, the Grounds Keepers shack, and a BOO-niversity. The buildings and spinner are glow-in-the-dark.
- The spinner is inspired by Madam Leota’s table, complete with tarot cards on the table, a melted candle on the spinner and a raven who watches your every move.
- The bridges hold a few surprises of their own
- The movers are modified Doombuggies, to hold you and your “passengers” along the path of the After-LIFE.
- Also included are new elements not found at the Mansions but would certainly be found at the Gracey Estate.
- The “Scareer” cards have images of the classic spirits residing in the Haunted Mansion and a few more that have long since been unseen, until now.
- And of course, there are Hidden Mickeys — see how many you can find on the game board and on the cover.
UPDATE: Courtesy of Ghost Relations, here are some additional photos from actual game play. Click on any of the thumbnails to view its original size or click the PicLens link to start the slideshow.
The Walt Disney World website has introduced the page on Kouzzina by Cat Cora at the Boardwalk Inn (replacing Spoodles) which marks its soft opening tomorrow with the grand opening on September 17.
You can visit the site which includes PDFs of the breakfast, dessert and dinner menus here.
As reported earlier, Kouzzina by Cat Cora accepts 1 TS credit on the Disney Dining Plan.
UPDATE: The event store will open at 8:00 AM, please do not queue up prior to 6:00 AM. The queue to purchase merchandise released in conjunction with this event will be located in the Downtown Disney® District between Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen and Island Charters. We recommend that you park in the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure. Normal parking fees apply. A link to pre-order online was also added to the article.
On Saturday, August 29, from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm at the Grand Californian at the Disneyland Resort, guests will have the opportunity to meet and purchase new releases from Academy Award® Winning Actress Julie Andrews and Disney artist Toby Bluth.
Ms. Andrews will be on hand to sign copies of her newest book, Julie Andrews’ Collection of Poems, Songs and Lullabies, which will be released in October 2009. As part of this product release and signing, Guests will have the opportunity to pre-purchase the book before it’s released to the public. Guests who are unable to attend the event in person will also have the opportunity to pre-order a signed copy online beginning August 12 for $24.95. Online purchase is limited to one per customer and will ship from Disneyland beginning November 4. To order online, click here.
Julie and her daughter, Emma, have hand-selected a wonderful mix of their most cherished poems, songs, and lullabies in this rich and diverse poetry collection. Brought to life with James McMullan’s stunning watercolor paintings, this volume features nearly 150 treasured works, including beloved classics and modern favorites from Robert Frost, Emily Dickinson, Jack Prelutsky, Shel Silverstein, Rodgers & Hammerstein, and more – twenty-one of which are theatrically and playfully read aloud by Julie and Emma on the accompanying CD.
Not too many details have been released yet, but Tom Bergeron (host of America’s Funniest Videos and Dancing with the Stars) is set to host a panel titled The ABCs of Disney at the D23 Expo on Thursday, September 9 at 3 pm. Alongside Tom will be Steve McPherson, president of the ABC Entertainment Group, who will be introducing Expo attendees to sneak peeks at upcoming ABC television series.
The worldwide success of Snow White let Disney Studios create new studio buildings in Burbank, CA, and produce even more ambitious features, such as Bambi, Pinocchio and Fantasia. The last film featured classical music and an orchestra conducted by Leopold Stokowski. Although well regarded by critics, none of the films was immediately financially successful, in part because overseas revenues were affected by World War II.
Highlights of the gallery will include one of the studio’s original multiplane camera cranes, an animator’s desk and rare production art.
All images © Disney Enterprises, courtesy of the Walt Disney Family Museum