Through its twitter page, the Richard Petty Driving Experience is offering 43% off its Rookie driving experience at Walt Disney World on August 7 and 8th only. To cash in on the offer, call 1-800-BE-PETTY and mention offer code TWITTER and don’t forget to follow them on twitter for future updates and offers.
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Aug. 7 — The Jonas Brothers, together with Verizon and LG Mobile Phones, are bringing fans a unique experience featuring new and innovative green screen technology on the U.S. portion of their “Jonas Brothers World Tour 2009.” Starting this week, all fans who create green screen videos at the Verizon/LG booth at Jonas Brothers shows, or those who create videos via their mobile phones or using their computer Web cams and register them at http://vcastlive.vzw.com/, will be entered for a chance to play the ultimate kickball game, live and in person, against Nick, Joe and Kevin.
“Playing live in front of our fans and interacting with them in new ways is really what it’s all about for us,” said Kevin Jonas. “Verizon and LG understand that and have come up with some really fun ways to add to the fan experience. I mean, a kickball contest? How cool is that?” Continue reading…
The Disneyland Hotel workers, Union Local 11, overwhelmingly voted against the Disneyland Resort’s latest contract proposal with 1,076 votes against and 86 for the proposal. The workers continue to work sans contract since February 2008.
Tony Award winner Anika Noni Rose (left), who provides the voice of Disney’s newest princess, Tiana, in the upcoming Walt Disney Pictures animated feature film “The Princess and the Frog,” poses with the new Princess Tiana character (right) as she will soon appear at Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Thursday night’s event marked the very first public appearance of the Princess Tiana theme park character and took place during the 2009 National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) Annual Convention in Tampa, Fla. In addition, Rose performed a song from the film for convention-goers. “The Princess and the Frog” film will premiere in theaters nationwide Dec. 11, 2009. (Matt Stroshane, photographer)
D23 Member Exclusive: The Story and Song from the Haunted Mansion
In 1969, this Disneyland Records Storyteller album was released to commemorate the opening of The Haunted Mansion. Intended as a simple promotional album, this recording has become a cherished childhood memory for many a Disneyland® Resort guest. The Story and Song From The Haunted Mansion includes original scenes and effects that never made it into the final attraction as it follows the story of two teenagers (voiced by Robie Lester and a young Ron Howard) who take refuge inside the eerie mansion during a mysterious rainstorm. First time on CD. A Halloween must have for collectors. Available exclusively to D23 members to own September 10, 2009.
Item #63659P, Price: $10.99. Click here to pre-order.
D23 Members Exclusive: The Sherman Brothers Songbook 2-CD Set
Celebrate the soundtrack to our lives with Walt Disney’s favorite songwriters and the Sherman Brothers Songbook, a newly restored special 2-CD set with 59 tracks, including 6 songs never-before-released on CD, and 26 rare tracks.
Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman were hired by Walt Disney himself as his first and only staff songwriters. Their music has been an important part of motion pictures, theme park attractions, television productions, records, compact discs, and Broadway shows — entertaining millions of people all over the world.
Presented here are 59 songs in over 2 1/2 hours of total playing time highlighting the Sherman Brothers’ incredibly prolific Disney years – from Annette’s 1959 hit Tall Paul to their work from The Tigger Movie in 2000. Newly restored with the latest digital technology, this collection features not only their landmark hits from Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh, The Jungle Book, and ”it’s a small world”, but a number of their other classics, many available for the first time on CD.
Their voluminous repertoire is only matched by their musical versatility — composing in styles from rock ‘n roll and English music hall to samba and march. These genres and more are represented as we travel through the Sherman Brothers’ Disney career from the very beginning. The extensive liner notes reveal the stories behind the songs; illustrated with candid photos of the Shermans at work, and with the star-studded gallery of artists who performed their classic songs. Artists such as Annette Funicello, Fred MacMurray, Hayley Mills , Maurice Chevalier, Julie Andrews, Dick Van Dyke, Louis Armstrong and Angela Lansbury. Available exclusively to D23 members to own September 10, 2009.
- Tall Paul - from the album Annette
- Pineapple Princess - from the album Hawaiiannette
- The Flubber Song - The Absent-Minded Professor
- The Parent Trap - The Parent Trap
- For Now For Always - The Parent Trap
- Let’s Get Together - The Parent Trap
- The Wonderful World of Color (Main Title) - The Wonderful World of Color
- The Spectrum Song – An Adventure In Color
- The Green with Envy Blues – An Adventure In Color
- Strummin’ Song (Rehearsal Version) - The Horsemasters
- Although I Dropped $100,000 in the Market – Symposium on Popular Songs
- I’m Blue For You (Boo Boo Boo Boo Boo) – Symposium on Popular Songs
- Castaway – In Search of the Castaways
- Enjoy It! – In Search of the Castaways
- On the Front Porch – Summer Magic
- Femininity – Summer Magic
- The Ugly Bug Ball – Summer Magic
- The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room – The Enchanted Tiki Room, Disneyland® Park
- it’s a small world – The New York World’s Fair
- There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow - The New York World’s Fair
- A Spoonful of Sugar – Mary Poppins
- Chim Chim Cher-ee – Mary Poppins
- Feed the Birds (Tuppence a Bag) – Mary Poppins
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidiocious – Mary Poppins
- The Monkey’s Uncle – The Monkey’s Uncle
- That Darn Cat – That Darn Cat
- Winnie the Pooh – Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree
- Up, Down and Touch the Ground – Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree
- Little Black Rain Cloud – Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree
- I Wan’na Be Like You (The Monkey Song) – The Jungle Book
- Trust In Me – The Jungle Book
- My Own Home – The Jungle Book
- Fortuosity – The Happiest Millionaire
- Valentine Candy – The Happiest Millionaire
- Are We Dancing – The Happiest Millionaire
- It Won’t Be Long ‘til Christmas – The Happiest Millionaire
- The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers – Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day
- Heffalumps and Woozles – Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day
- The Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down – Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day
- Ten Feet Off the Ground – The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band
- The Happiest Girl Alive – The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band
- ’Bout Time – The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang – Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (BONUS TRACK)
- Hushabye Mountain – Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (BONUS TRACK)
- Me Ol’ Bam-Boo – Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (BONUS TRACK)
- The Aristocats – The Aristocats
- Scales and Arpeggios – The Aristocats
- She Never Felt Alone – The Aristocats
- The Age of Not Believing – Bedknobs and Broomsticks
- Portebello Road – Bedknobs and Broomsticks
- The Beautiful Briny – Bedknobs and Broomsticks
- One Little Spark – Journey Into Imagination, EPCOT®
- Makin’ Memories – Journey Into Imagination, EPCOT®
- Magic Journeys – Magic Journeys, EPCOT®
- Meet the World – Meet the World, Tokyo Disney Resort®
- Pooh’s Lullabee – The Tigger Movie
- Whoop-De-Dooper-Bounce – The Tigger Movie
- Your Heart Will Lead You Home – The Tigger Movie
- Walt Disney and The Sherman Brothers Sing – Progressland Promotional Film
Item #63658P, Price: $19.99. Click here to pre-order.
The DisneyStore.com site now features the Disney Fairy Tale Wedding Collection from celebrity wedding planner David Tutera. You can visit the online boutique here.
Continuing our series into the galleries at the new Walt Disney Family Museum, we are pleased to present to you some of the artifacts that can be found in Gallery 4: The Move to Features: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Having redefined the art of animation, Walt dares to produce a feature-length film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. During the four years that it was in development, Disney and his brother Roy secured six-figure loans – each loan enough to finance an entire movie – time after time, and skeptics called the film “Disney’s Folly.” Disney brought in an art instructor to work with his team and insisted that the animators study live models and animals. The studio created a Character Model Department, which constructed small sculptures of characters which let animators study characters in the round. Snow White premiered on December 21, 1937, and Disney won a unique Academy Award™ for the innovative movie: a standard-sized Oscar™ and seven miniatures.
Original art from Snow White, three-dimensional model figures, magazines of the period, audio clips, and a wide array of related 1930s merchandise will help recreate the story of Disney’s pioneering effort to produce Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
All images © Disney Enterprises, courtesy of the Walt Disney Family Museum
Press “Play” and provoke emotions.
In our high-tech nomadic era of multimedia and modernity, experiences can be shared anywhere, anytime. Let your imagination run wild, escape from daily routines and discover new sensations. Sights, sounds, feelings — and above all scents, with the olfactory sensation of Givenchy’s new masculine fragrance.
Play is extremely modern and yet totally timeless. It brings us back to the very essence of fragrance – a composition, a multi-sensory experience.
This elegant, hedonistic fragrance with its woody middle notes comes in two distinct compositions, two scents “link” whose patters will trigger unique waves of emotion in each individual.
A worthier heir to the Givenchy line of woody fragrances that began with Vetyver, Play embodies it’s era with style, just as Givenchy has always done.
Seduction, freedom, sensuality and connectivity, Play is represented by the exceptional Justin Timberlake, the most talented, multi-faceted artist of the moment, whose modern elegance resonates perfectly with the Givenchy style.
VERO BEACH, Fla., Aug. 6, 2009 – With nearly 200 encouraging fans, a loggerhead sea turtle named Dory returned to the Atlantic Ocean after successfully laying eggs near the shores of Disney’s Vero Beach Resort.
Dory is one of 10 sea turtles participating in Tour de Turtles: A Sea Turtle Migration Marathon hosted by the Caribbean Conservation Corporation (CCC). The program is designed to spotlight the challenges facing sea turtles, with each participant representing a “cause” or threat to sea turtle survival.
Released from Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Dory’s mission is to raise awareness of the effects of light pollution. Since sea turtle hatchlings rely on moonlight to find their way to the ocean, many become disoriented and drawn off-course by artificial light sources.
Ironically, Disney conservation biologists chose to name this sea turtle Dory after the often-disoriented, blue-colored regal tang fish from the Disney-Pixar movie, Finding Nemo. In this case, Dory the sea turtle had no trouble finding her way to the sea.
Researchers from Disney’s Animal Programs and CCC will track the chosen sea turtles by satellite technology during the next few months as they travel from their nesting sites to unknown feeding grounds. Through satellite technology, scientists may discover more about sea turtle habits at sea and identify migratory patterns that may hold the key to their survival. This knowledge helps researchers, conservationists and governing agencies make more informed decisions about sea turtle conservation methods and policies.
Each year, approximately 50,000 sea turtles come ashore in Florida each year, making it one of the most fertile nesting areas in the United States. Sea turtles are among the oldest creatures on earth and have remained essentially unchanged for 110 million years.
In the United States, as much as 90 percent of sea turtle nesting occurs in Florida, which serves as home base for several species of endangered and threatened sea turtles. Yet with as few as one out of 1,000 hatchlings surviving to adulthood, scientists are still trying to learn more about these mysterious creatures of the sea.
Audiences worldwide will be able to view the sea turtles’ progress online at www.tourdeturtles.org and watch the marathon unfold. Using an interactive, multimedia Web site, Tour de Turtles offers audiences everywhere the opportunity to learn about threats to sea turtles and follow their legendary migrations, while simultaneously conducting vital research.
“Send it On,” the inspiring anthem for Disney’s “Friends for Change: Project Green,” performed by Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato, will debut FRIDAY, AUGUST 7 on Radio Disney and will be available TUESDAY, AUGUST 11 on iTunes, itunes.com/disneyfriendsforchange, for .99 cents, with all proceeds benefitting environmental charities through the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund. The “Send it On” music video premieres FRIDAY, AUGUST 14 on Disney Channel, and SATURDAY, AUGUST 15 on Disney.com and the ABC Television Network.
A half-hour special programming event, “Lights, Camera, Take Action! Backstage with Disney’s Friends for Change,” taking viewers behind the scenes during production of the campaign, will premiere FRIDAY, AUGUST 28 immediately following “Wizards of Waverly Place The Movie” (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel.
Twenty-nine Disney stars are featured in the Friends for Change messages on Disney Channel, Disney XD, Radio Disney and Disney.com, inviting young people to join together and make a difference. They are: Moises Arias, Miley Cyrus, Jason Earles, Mitchel Musso and Emily Osment (“Hannah Montana”), Jason Dolley (“Hatching Pete” and the upcoming “Good Luck Charlie”), Nicole Anderson, Kevin Jonas, Joe Jonas, Nick Jonas, Chelsea Staub (“JONAS”), Allisyn Ashley Arm, Doug Brochu, Sterling Knight, Demi Lovato, Brandon Mychal Smith and Tiffany Thornton (“Sonny With A Chance”), Cole Sprouse, Dylan Sprouse, Debby Ryan, Larramie “Doc” Shaw and Brenda Song (“The Suite Life on Deck”), Jake T. Austin, Selena Gomez, David Henrie and Jennifer Stone (“Wizards of Waverly Place”), Hutch Dano, Adam Hicks and Daniel Curtis Lee (of Disney XD’s “Zeke and Luther”).