ESPN RISE and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort, the nation’s leading multi-sport venue for amateur and professional sports, announced today that they have grown the ESPN RISE Games’ elite and competitive event offering and expect to host more than 13,000 student athletes during its 2010 event at the sports complex in suburban Orlando, Fla. Target has returned as the title sponsor for the second year of the ESPN RISE Games. The ESPN RISE Games Presented by Target will take place over a two week period, July 14-27. Events will air on both ESPNU and ESPN3.com.
The ESPN RISE Games Presented by Target, a two-week long elite and competitive level student athlete focused event, will be anchored by four elite high school sports events. New for the 2010 event is the Champion High School Showcase, a US Lacrosse boys and girls event. Returning for the second year are the AAU 17-under Boys Basketball Super Showcase presented by Champion®, the Under Armour High School Softball All-America game and the elite 7 on 7 high school football event Champion® Gridiron Kings.
The ESPN RISE Games has also increased its competitive channel youth sports; it has added boys and girls lacrosse: US Lacrosse U15 National Championship, softball: USSSA Fast Pitch World Series (U16 and U18) and football: the Florida Premier 7s, an invite only, 7-on-7 event to feature 64 Florida high school teams – the inaugural event will include Dr. Phillips, Miramar, Manatee and DeLand high schools. Returning to the schedule from the 2009 event are baseball: USSSA Global Baseball World Series, basketball: AAU Super Showcases (14U 15U and 16U) and AAU 14U National Championship, field hockey: Disney Summer 7s & 11s National Championships a USA Field Hockey event (U12, U14, U16 and U19) and track & field: AAU National Club Championships (13-18). The ESPN RISE Games Presented by Target has grown from hosting 4,000 student athletes to more than 13,000 expected student athletes for the 2010 event.
ESPN RISE GAMES ELITE EVENT DETAILS:
- Champion® High School Showcase a US Lacrosse Event is the “National All-Star Game” of high school lacrosse featuring the top high school players from across the country. The event is set-up in a final four format, with two semifinal games, a third place game and a championship game. All of the teams are guaranteed practice and scrimmage time. Girls: July 17-19 Boys: July 20-22
- Under Armour High School Softball All-American game will feature 30 of the top high school players in the nation divided into two squads. Players are selected by a committee of high school softball experts from ESPN RISE. July 19-20
- AAU 17-under Boys Basketball Super Showcase presented by Champion® is part of the AAU National Championships held at the ESPN sports complex and features marquee 17-under club teams from across the country. The event includes two days of pool play and a single-elimination tournament. The tournament is a breeding ground for future NBA stars including Amare Stoudemire, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, as well as collegiate phenoms such as Tyler Hansbrough and JJ Redick. July 24-27
- Champion® Gridiron Kings is an elite high school football event that features 64 of the best players in the game’s seven skill positions – quarterback, running back, tight end, wide receiver, linebacker, cornerback and safety. The event includes performance training, position specific training, skills challenges and a 7-on-7 competition. July 24-25
- Under Armour High School Softball All-American, Champion Gridiron Kings, AAU 17-under Boys Basketball Super Showcase presented by Champion® and Champion® High School Senior Showcase a US Lacrosse Event (boys event) events will be presented on ESPNU live and as pre-recorded shows; ESPN3.com will air live competitive events.