Football Outsiders Almanac 2013: The Essential Guide to the 2013 NFL and College Football Seasons
|Authors: Aaron Schatz, Andy Benoit, Bill Connelly, Doug Farrar, Brian Fremeau, Tom Gower, Matt Hinton, Rivers McCown, Brian McIntyre, Chase Stuart, Mike Tanier, Danny Tuccitto, Vince Verhei, Robert Weintraub|
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Buy New: $1.05
as of 7/6/2015 03:36 EDT details
You Save: $21.90 (95%)
New (22) Used (23) from $1.05
Sales Rank: 673,595
Languages: English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
Number Of Items: 1
Shipping Weight (lbs): 2.5
Dimensions (in): 8.5 x 1.1 x 11
Publication Date: July 15, 2013
Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Tell A Friend
Add to Wishlist
Add to Wedding Registry
Add to Baby Registry
The most authoritative and innovative guide to professional football (previously known as "Pro Football Prospectus") is back for an all-new season with more cutting-edge statistical analysis, obsessive film study, and trademark humor. Includes comprehensive coverage of all 32 NFL teams, analysis of offseason personnel changes, over 500 KUBIAK fantasy football projections, and breakdowns of every team from the six BCS conferences plus the top independent and mid-major college football teams. With numerous statistical measures that go far beyond standard NFL stats, Football Outsiders Almanac 2013 gives NFL fans the kind of sabermetric-like statistical analysis that revolutionized the fan's understanding of baseball. It's also written with a knowing dry wit that gets under the skin of America's most popular spectator sport.
- Groundbreaking team and player DVOA ratings that correct for situation and opponent to reveal which offenses and defenses are truly superior, and which players really help win games.
- Exclusive data from the Football Outsiders Game Charting Project, unavailable in standard NFL stats, tells you which running backs face the most men in the box; which quarterbacks benefit the most from yards after catch; which teams most often blitz or run specific offensive formations; and which defensive backs stop the other team's passing game, measured by pass coverage on every single play rather than just tackles.
- Detailed information on each team's performance in 2012 by offensive and defensive personnel package.
- NEW FOR 2013: Detailed individual stats for offensive linemen.
- Extensive coverage of all 32 teams with week-by-week stats from the 2012 season, five-year performance trends, and analysis of off-season personnel changes.
- Exclusive 2013 predictions that give the odds on each team as a Super Bowl contender ... or a contender for the top pick in the 2014 draft.
- 2013 fantasy football projections for more than 500 skill position players based on the KUBIAK forecasting system.
- Breakdowns on more than 75 different college football teams and full win-loss projections for all 125 Division I-A (FBS) teams.
- "A book that any self-respecting NFL fan needs to purchase." -- Bill Simmons, GRANTLAND.com
- "Football Outsiders has now built a system that has some serious traction behind it. I personally find it fascinating." -- John Schneider, General Manager, Seattle Seahawks
- "The most accurate insight into why teams really win and lose." -- Jim Schwartz, head coach of the Detroit Lions
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.