Roku 3 Streaming Player 1080p HD plus enhanced remote with headphone jack
Faster and more powerful than ever. Enjoy 1,500+ channels of movies, TV shows, sports, and more. Plug headphones into the motion-control remote to play games or watch late-night flicks without disturbing the household. Fully loaded with one-stop search, 1080p, dual-band wireless, Ethernet, USB, plus a free Roku app. The Roku 3—the new streaming standard.
- 1,500+ entertainment channels. Choose from the best selection and widest variety of streaming entertainment, including movies, TV shows, music, sports, news, fitness, cooking, and more.
- Lightning fast and powerful. Experience ultra-smooth performance with a 5x faster processor and extended-range wireless.
- Remote with headphone jack for private listening. Use the included headphones and crank up the volume to enjoy a late-night flick without disturbing the household.
- Motion control for games. Enjoy action-packed games with a motion-control remote. Get the fun started with Angry Birds Space, included free.
- One-stop search.* Find your favorite movies and shows in a flash from top channels like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU, and M-GO.
- Free iOS and Android™ app. Transform your mobile device into a Roku remote. Browse and add new channels. Even use your phone or tablet to send your music, photos and personal videos** to your HDTV.
- All the bells and whistles. 1080p*** HD support, Ethernet and USB ports, and a microSD slot.
- Movies and TV shows, front and center. Instantly access the hottest blockbusters and hit TV shows, powered by M-GO, right from the home screen -- no extra account setup required.
* One-stop search is for movies and TV shows and does not work with all channels. Premium subscriptions are required but are not included with purchase.
** Capability to share video available on iOS and select Android phones. See Roku.com for a list of devices that support this feature.
***Availability of 1080p HD video limited by channel provider and speed of broadband connection.
Get to the entertainment you want instantly
The Roku Channel Store has the largest selection of streaming channels available anywhere – with over 1,500 channels and more coming at a furious pace. Our on-screen interface lets you fly through screens, seamlessly search top channels and launch movies faster than ever before.
- Watch a new movie a day. Every day. For 82 years. Roku has over 150,000 movies and TV episodes at your fingertips from Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Video, HBO GO, M-GO, VUDU, Redbox Instant by Verizon and more
- With 49 news and weather channels from across the US and around the world, Roku is the best choice for news and weather channels. Top news sources include MSNBC, Fox News, Huffington Post, CNBC and WSJ
- Plus gets loads of other entertainment choices, including:
- Music from Spotify, Amazon Cloud Player, Pandora, MOG, Rdio, VEVO and TuneIn
- Live sports packages including NBA League Pass Broadband, NHL GameCenter LIVE, MLS LIVE, UFCTV, and MLB.TV Premium
- Family entertainment from PBS and Disney
- Photo and video sharing via Facebook, Flickr, and Picasa
Of course, there are also tons of channels featuring international and lifestyle programming, tech news, podcasts, cartoons, and… well, you get the idea.
Watch late-night flicks without disturbing the peace
When you need to keep the volume down but still get your TV fix, Roku 3 features an enhanced remote with built-in headphone jack. Just plug in the included in-ear headphones to enter your own private listening world. It's perfect for cranking up that late-night action movie without waking the spouse. Or kids. Or dog.
Gaming fun for the whole family
Need a break from the movies? With motion-sensing technology, the Roku 3 enhanced remote with game-ready buttons was designed for lightning-fast maneuvers and family-friendly fun. Hit games include Angry Birds Space, Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Stay tuned – we're adding more games all the time.
Compare Roku models
* Roku 3 works with HDTVs with HDMI port. HDMI cable not included with Roku players.
**Availability of 1080p HD video limited by channel provider and speed of broadband connection.
It's ridiculously easy
From the simple remote to the intuitive interface, Roku 3 was designed to set up in a few quick-and-easy steps. All you need to get started is a high-speed Internet connection (and an HDTV, of course). The built-in wireless and guided setup mean you can be up and running in minutes. And we bet you don't even have to call your nerdy nephew for help.
Included with the Roku 3
- Enhanced remote with headphone jack and motion control for games
- In-ear headphones
- Free Angry Birds Space game
- Two AA batteries
- Power adapter
- Get Started guide
- 90-day manufacturer warranty
What you need
- High-speed Internet (like DSL or cable)
- Wireless router
- HDMI cable (for high-definition video)
- Internet browser (for initial setup)
In general, the faster your Internet connection, the better the video quality. For the best viewing results, we recommend a minimum of 1.5 Mbps for standard definition and 3.0 Mbps for HD content. To test your network speed, visit either one of the following (free) websites: speakeasy.net/speedtest/ or www.speedtest.net. Please note that your Internet speed may vary throughout the day.
Revel in our fastest, most powerful streaming player yet. Fully loaded, the Roku 3 packs tons of entertainment into one tiny box. Enjoy 1,500+ channels of movies, TV shows, games, music, sports, and more. Plug headphones into the remote to watch late-night flicks without disturbing the household. Or use motion-control to play games like Angry Birds Space. And with one-stop search, find that perfect movie or show in a flash. 1080p HD, dual-band wireless, Ethernet and USB ports, plus free iOS and Android Roku apps so you can enjoy even more great features. The Roku 3—the new streaming standard for your HDTV.
Roku 3 supports closed captioning on channels that support this feature, including Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, VUDU and Hulu Plus. Video output: 1080p, 720p and 480p over HDMI. A USB port enables local media playback (supported formats include: MP4 (H.264) & MKV (H.264) video / AAC & MP3 audio / JPG & PNG image). Audio output: digital over HDMI (7.1/5.1 channel surround sound pass-through and stereo). 12V -- 1A power adapter.
Want to learn more about streaming media players?
Our Streaming Media Player storefront features educational articles, buying guides, comparison charts, and more.